Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

AC shop

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 09:09 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
that's a good idea.adding a pass side mirror is also on my list.that blind spot is waaaaaay to massive without one lol!
those were a good selection.no one but hardcore t-bird fans of this era would ever know those aren't stock.

do you have the "delux belts" meaning shoulder straps? doesn't that sure feel funny to buckle up with a lap belt up front,then a second shoulder strap lol.
perhaps what's most odd is that the pull out lap belt is only partial pull at that.once all done up,it feels pretty safe but sure not as simple as a modern belt that's for sure.

i just had my dual exhaust replaced today.she's sounding some nice.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:58 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
that's a good idea.adding a pass side mirror is also on my list.that blind spot is waaaaaay to massive without one lol!
those were a good selection.no one but hardcore t-bird fans of this era would ever know those aren't stock.

do you have the "delux belts" meaning shoulder straps? doesn't that sure feel funny to buckle up with a lap belt up front,then a second shoulder strap lol.
perhaps what's most odd is that the pull out lap belt is only partial pull at that.once all done up,it feels pretty safe but sure not as simple as a modern belt that's for sure.

i just had my dual exhaust replaced today.she's sounding some nice.
Yes, I do have the shoulder belts!! About the only thing missing is the optional sunroof (brought back in '69) and bucket seats/console. Electric Rear window defroster means no blower for the rear window and an external voltage regulator.

Since I drive mine quite a bit at night, I installed the painless wiring headlight harness. Sure is nice to be able to see on those dark roads.

I had Midas replace my exhaust several years ago. Went back with both mufflers and resonators, love the sound.

The only problem I have now is my windshield washer reservoir. Had a hole in it from a clamp on the radiator support. Fixed that with the (as seen on TV) Flex Shot. Got that sealed. Sprayed the rest of it with Flex Seal to seal up small age cracks. It could let the tank sit in a bucket filled with water for a week with no leaks, put it in the car fill it with washer solvent and it starts dripping after a short drive...my next plan of action is to coat it with some fiberglass resin.