1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Intro

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 07:58 AM
samkeele1
Trailering
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Intro

I don't really care to introduce myself on the main forum page since I'll likely never post any other place but here.

My name is Sam, I'm a 33 year old father to two girls. I live in rural oklahoma. I'm an emergency room nurse and a cattle rancher. Both being somewhat of the family business. I own two 57 F-100s one of them belonging to my late Grandfather and the other we bought off an old man to swap motors back in the 80s. The donor's body is in fairly decent shape as is the frame and rear end. It is missing its hood. I would be willing to consider trades or other offers for the donor. I want the bed off of it but that is negotiable, but I digress.

In High school we were a vo-tech school and our junior year we are allowed to rotate through each of the different vocational classes and after x amount of weeks we had to choose one to "major" in. My 1st choice was auto mechanics which was by far the most popular choice. I didn't get in and my second choice had been auto body. I did auto body my junior and senior year. My senior year I was in shop 5 out of 7 school hours every day and I put all of that time into that truck. Repairing every dent ding and rust-out on the cab and then putting a quality paint job on it. Here's the best part, it only cost me about $250 total in supplies. That was 15 years ago though and I joined the Army after high school and lost momentum. Now that I'm family'd up and settled down I want to rekindle that old flame so to speak. Plus my mom really wants me to get it running again because it was her dad's

I am a beginner in the realm of rebuilds but I have a working knowledge of mechanics and a good mechanical aptitude. I was a medic in the Army but you had to keep your own humvee running. And mine was a 1986 POS that I swear could breakdown in the motorpool parked without having been started. But it was diesel and GM. Regardless, I have worked on every vehicle I've ever owned and I have a decent tool collection and if I don't have it my dad does!

I can't promise that I'll stay involved in this forum, but I want to. But life has a way of going fast and then you look up and a year or 5 has gone by.

Feel free to Email me (samkeele1@gmail.com) if you are interested in the donor truck at all. I have pictures somewhere. But I need to figure out picture posting before I can do that.

Attached Images  
Old 11-02-2015, 10:31 PM
kg6tai
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by samkeele1
I don't really care to introduce myself on the main forum page since I'll likely never post any other place but here.

My name is Sam, I'm a 33 year old father to two girls. I live in rural oklahoma. I'm an emergency room nurse and a cattle rancher. Both being somewhat of the family business. I own two 57 F-100s one of them belonging to my late Grandfather and the other we bought off an old man to swap motors back in the 80s. The donor's body is in fairly decent shape as is the frame and rear end. It is missing its hood. I would be willing to consider trades or other offers for the donor. I want the bed off of it but that is negotiable, but I digress.

In High school we were a vo-tech school and our junior year we are allowed to rotate through each of the different vocational classes and after x amount of weeks we had to choose one to "major" in. My 1st choice was auto mechanics which was by far the most popular choice. I didn't get in and my second choice had been auto body. I did auto body my junior and senior year. My senior year I was in shop 5 out of 7 school hours every day and I put all of that time into that truck. Repairing every dent ding and rust-out on the cab and then putting a quality paint job on it. Here's the best part, it only cost me about $250 total in supplies. That was 15 years ago though and I joined the Army after high school and lost momentum. Now that I'm family'd up and settled down I want to rekindle that old flame so to speak. Plus my mom really wants me to get it running again because it was her dad's

I am a beginner in the realm of rebuilds but I have a working knowledge of mechanics and a good mechanical aptitude. I was a medic in the Army but you had to keep your own humvee running. And mine was a 1986 POS that I swear could breakdown in the motorpool parked without having been started. But it was diesel and GM. Regardless, I have worked on every vehicle I've ever owned and I have a decent tool collection and if I don't have it my dad does!

I can't promise that I'll stay involved in this forum, but I want to. But life has a way of going fast and then you look up and a year or 5 has gone by.

Feel free to Email me (samkeele1@gmail.com) if you are interested in the donor truck at all. I have pictures somewhere. But I need to figure out picture posting before I can do that.
Welcome Sam good to see you here

Old 11-04-2015, 07:17 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

Received 588 Likes on 528 Posts
Welcome Sam. Sounds like you should be able to bring her back no problem! Get yourself a shop manual and go for it!