Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

HANK's 4x4 Jambo (Illinois)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 05:29 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those Of You Looking For An All Truck Show. You may want to check out 'HANK'S JAMBO' in Ottawa Illinois August 23rd & 24th! Here's a link with all info and events...
HANK'S JAMBO

Last edited by MrRottnDog; 08-04-2003 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:51 AM
dgodude
Junior User

Are you going MrRottn Dog?
Anyone going to Hanks 4x4 on Saturday Aug 23rd let me know so we can meet up there. I'll be there that day around 2:00pm

Roger
2002 Ford F250 V10 4x4
4.88 gears
8 in Fabtech lift
SCMT
KNN FIPK
Dual Sport Gibson exhaust

Old 08-05-2003, 04:53 AM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

I'll be in the Show & Shine... I Plan On Being There Both Days. I'll have my digital camera with... in case anyone needs to populate their gallery

Last edited by MrRottnDog; 08-05-2003 at 05:01 AM.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:32 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

For those who may be interested...Here's a LINK to Photos Taken at HANKS JAMBOREE 2003!

Old 08-28-2003, 07:54 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got some sweet pics there. I wish I could have made it..........hopefully next year.........maybe have my SD done and put it in the show too.

Did you get a chance to talk to this guy:

Weird that it won't show the image........it used to allow hotlinking from your gallery there.....

Looks liks 39.5" Boggers and a air bag setup. Just wondering amount of lift, if they are 39.5" Boggers, what size and kind of wheels, who did it, and why he is running D plates............

Thanks .

Old 08-28-2003, 09:09 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy. He was there just one day... don't remember if it was Saturday or Sunday! Your right about the bags and those were 39.5 boggers. He and his wife looked familiar but I don't recall seeing the truck before.

Old 08-28-2003, 09:47 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend

Thanks.

By the pics it doesn't look like there are a lot of trucks that go to the event................About how many trucks do you think were there??

Old 08-28-2003, 09:59 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

It's very small compared to the Big Jamboree's put on by family events like Indy, Blooms, Lima. They moved it this year to the speedway in La Salle. The field for the show and shine is huge. The area for all the trucks participating in the pulls, mud races etc. are parked in a different area. The area in the picture that has a crane with the flag. Many of the trucks that I saw last year were not there. Being a two day event hurts the show and shine because it isn't a big enough show that people want to travel a great distance and stay a weekend. It's not promoted well. Many trucks are local and there has always been complaints that all the awards going to the Attitude Trucks... one of the sponsors. I would guess no more than a hundred trucks in the show and shine.

Old 08-29-2003, 07:33 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend

Did your X win any awards??

Didn't look like Attitude had that many trucks there this year. I'm guessing that the Dodge on bags and Fordzilla took home some awards. By any chance was there any info on the asking price for Fordzilla? Just curious.

And another thing I noticed about that red SD with the graphics or custom paint is that the hydraulic assist was mounted different than I have seen it before.

Your right about it not being promoted. I always see stuff in the mags about Indy, Blooms, and Lima but never heard of Hank's until you and Howling mentioned it.

Old 08-29-2003, 08:41 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

Both Fordzilla and the Dodge won more awards than they could carry. The dodge I really like! The Ford is a nice looking Superduty but he must have won at least 6 awards alone. There were some other nice trucks there. The X won 4th in Super Modified 4x4 and best full size sport utility.

Old 08-29-2003, 09:21 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend

Congrats on the awards .

Yeah, I think that the Dodge is pretty sweet too. I'd like to check it out in person along with Fordzilla:

I did get a chance to see a truck with the same setup as Fordzilla though........ 12" Nationals, cut-outs and 44" TSLs, reindexing ring......this thing was huge. I got a chance to check it out one time when Matt had it in his shop:

Hmmm.............pics from Attitude's site won't show up now either

Old 08-29-2003, 10:58 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

Originally posted by DCSpecial
Congrats on the awards .

Yeah, I think that the Dodge is pretty sweet too. I'd like to check it out in person along with Fordzilla:

I did get a chance to see a truck with the same setup as Fordzilla though........ 12" Nationals, cut-outs and 44" TSLs, reindexing ring......this thing was huge. I got a chance to check it out one time when Matt had it in his shop:

Hmmm.............pics from Attitude's site won't show up now either

I've seen both trucks many times. I'm sure I'll see them in INDY in a few weeks. There's a couple from Michigan that is having Attitude build their superduty. Its almost complete. Here it is with the 46" claws mounted.

Old 08-30-2003, 09:11 AM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend

:-staun :-staun :-staun

That thing is huge. You have any specs on the lift? By the pic it sort of looks like they have a straight tie rod like what is used in the Dynatrac SD combo.

Is the pic taken parked out front of Attitude's shop??

I wonder how they picked Attitude if they are up in Michigan??
I mean I have talked to Matt many times and he definitely is one of the most knowledgeable people I have talked to.........maybe all the tech articles that his does in Four Wheeler are helping to get his name out.

How tall is your X compared to the two Attitude Fords with the 12" and 44s??

Old 08-30-2003, 02:24 PM
dgodude
Junior User

I stopped by Atttitude Performance yesterday, and saw that truck. Matt said it has a custom 24 in lift, and they were trying to put 49 in tires , but the 46 inchers got their first. I park next to that truck, and the top of my truck (8 in lift w/ 38 super swampers),was level to the door handle of that truck. Also I asked Matt how much $$$ it is to do all that work, he said its about $30,000. Too much for me. Nice truck though.

Roger

Old 08-30-2003, 03:46 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

DC,

Here's a link to one of the threads going on at CTS about this superduty. Thread on KatieBabes Superduty

The guy with the maroon Dodge with the ghost flames parked next to me at Hanks is also a member of CTS and told be about her SD being done by Attitude.

Quick Reply: HANK's 4x4 Jambo (Illinois)