Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally have time to do some TLC

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 04:59 AM
El_Coqui
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my Amazon ordered stuff is rolling in....still amazes me that the post office will deliver packages on Sunday! I also got the Rancho MyRide controller for cheap on eBay....seen some of the complaints about it and they seem to center around the connections leaking air and causing the compressor to come on and work when it shouldn't. I'm gonna open it up and look to see if maybe there are some better fitting that can be used to keep the leaks from happening

Old 10-20-2015, 09:19 PM
El_Coqui
Senior User
Got my motive brake bleeder in and was able to bleed the brakes all by myself in the driveway. I used the directions that Stewart laid out here [URL="https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1265023-brake-bleeding-procedure.html"]https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1265023-brake-bleeding-procedure.html[/URL man was that simple and easy to do!

On a side note, for the next brake flush in about 2 years or so I will need to find a different colored fluid so I can tell better when the old fluid has been purged. This time the old and new stuff was clear ...with the older one having a slightly yellow tint to it. But after it was done the brakes feel a whole lot better now

Old 10-21-2015, 02:02 PM
stpete
Senior User
Originally Posted by El_Coqui
On a side note, for the next brake flush in about 2 years or so I will need to find a different colored fluid so I can tell better when the old fluid has been purged. This time the old and new stuff was clear ...with the older one having a slightly yellow tint to it. But after it was done the brakes feel a whole lot better now
I used to switch between ATE Super Blue and ATE 2000 (same stuff only clear, I think they call it gold). Very easy to tell that the brakes were bled well. But ... the feds had something to say about that. No different color brake fluids allowed It Took The US Government 15 Years To Realize This Brake Fluid Is Blue

So much for convenience. I'm going to confuse blue fluid for what?

Old 11-24-2015, 08:41 PM
El_Coqui
Senior User
Was able to get a lot of work done over the weekend at the GTG. I had a decent oil leak (yes I admit to having one...don't have pics tho) due to the "non-serviceable" plug at the bottom of my hpop leaking pretty bad. An updated screw from clay at riffraff and that should be taken care of.

Also was able to drop the tank and do both the Hutch and Harpoon mods.

Remnants of a busted pickup foot in my tank

All in all a pretty productive weekend for Ol Brutus

Oh...almost forgot....thanks to a couple pairs of sharp eyes my turbo now has 4 new bolts in place of the ones that somehow worked their way out

Old 12-07-2015, 06:38 PM
El_Coqui
Senior User
Well my attempt at the Hutch mod got boogered up by a kinked fuel line on top of the tank when we put the tank back up....dropped my fuel pressure to 16 psi when it should've been at like 50 or more. Can't wait to put my chip back in and see how he runs without the restrictions in the fuel tank

I'm trying to decide if I should sell my 6 position chip and go with the Hydra

Old 12-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
TS? Gearhead can burn to it. Although the email tunes for the Hydra is phenomenal.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:48 PM
El_Coqui
Senior User
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
TS? Gearhead can burn to it. Although the email tunes for the Hydra is phenomenal.
Yeah....TS with Gearhead tunes on it. I'd love the Hydra tho so I can download tunes and not remove the chip and send it off like I do now. But I'm trying to save up for a nice set of injectors and maybe a T500 so I can keep up with you

Old 12-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
HAHAHAHA. Keep up he says...

I'd swap for the Hydra first or see if they'll discount you one since you want to keep their tuning but have an easier delivery method. They gave me a SUBSTANTIAL cash pickup and military discount when I snagged mine. Tyler was only an hour drive going normal person speeds

Old 12-07-2015, 10:30 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by El_Coqui
Yeah....TS with Gearhead tunes on it. I'd love the Hydra tho so I can download tunes and not remove the chip and send it off like I do now. But I'm trying to save up for a nice set of injectors and maybe a T500 so I can keep up with you
You and me both!! Still waiting to get my chip back...do they send you an email or does it just show up? I also managed to talk my wife into a new turbo in the next couple of months..been spending too much money on guns lately!!

Old 12-08-2015, 02:50 AM
El_Coqui
Senior User
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
HAHAHAHA. Keep up he says...

I'd swap for the Hydra first or see if they'll discount you one since you want to keep their tuning but have an easier delivery method. They gave me a SUBSTANTIAL cash pickup and military discount when I snagged mine. Tyler was only an hour drive going normal person speeds
Yeah Tyler ain't too bad a drive....plus there's a BBQ spot out in College Station and my buddy has been dying to go to. Might have to make a road trip if there's some money to be saved going to pick it up in person.
Originally Posted by agsmv1
You and me both!! Still waiting to get my chip back...do they send you an email or does it just show up? I also managed to talk my wife into a new turbo in the next couple of months..been spending too much money on guns lately!!
I want to say I asked for the tracking number. I'm pretty sure they had just forgot to email me back with the number. And oh yeah I forgot the turbo and injectors I'm hoping to score too!