2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

PUTC: 2017 Super Duty Details

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 06:23 PM
toddstang
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have seen a few test mules here in town up close. At first I did not like the looks but now they have grown on me. Still plan on ordering a 2016 SD for now though.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:31 PM
kbarbee95
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 92F350CC
I'm sorry, but that source looks very unreliable.
Thats a real picture of the truck, I like the looks of the dually the ram fenders are hideous.

No one cares about the fully boxed high strength steel frame that they hung 60,000+ pounds on?

Old 09-24-2015, 06:34 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
This video?

Looks like fun.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:08 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kbarbee95
Thats a real picture of the truck, I like the looks of the dually the ram fenders are hideous.

No one cares about the fully boxed high strength steel frame that they hung 60,000+ pounds on?
I was referring to a now deleted post by a member that was spamming a link to his blog about the truck, where nothing he said was factual.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:50 PM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Tyrants?

It's just a damn truck.
Do we have a choice of whether or not to order our Powerstoke without a DPF and Urea that destroy the systems and lower Mpg's? Do dealers void warranties once we lift our trucks even if the failures are completely unrelated? Are you subscribing to the idea that we can no longer modify our vehicles because it is the Auto Makers' Intellectual Property? Well enjoy being extorted for all of the added maintenance and repair costs once your rig is out of warranty. Sure people are going to love paying $7k for transmissions and $15-20k for motors. Apparently you haven't had to deal with customer service anywhere lately like AT&T, banks, or PG&E. It's like they are doing us a favor and we are lucky to use their services no matter how crappy their service is. My 2011 got 19 mpg when I left the dealership, once the particulate filter started plugging up at 40k mileage dropped to 15 mpg and now 13. Oh how fortunate we should be to have anti engineering equipment destroying our $50k plus investments. And to everyone else, you shouldn't have to get used to the look of something your investing $60k into!

Old 09-24-2015, 07:58 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,448 Likes on 894 Posts
Originally Posted by houseofdiesel
Do we have a choice of whether or not to order our Powerstoke without a DPF and Urea that destroy the systems and lower Mpg's? Do dealers void warranties once we lift our trucks even if the failures are completely unrelated? Are you subscribing to the idea that we can no longer modify our vehicles because it is the Auto Makers' Intellectual Property? Well enjoy being extorted for all of the added maintenance and repair costs once your rig is out of warranty. Sure people are going to love paying $7k for transmissions and $15-20k for motors. Apparently you haven't had to deal with customer service anywhere lately like AT&T, banks, or PG&E. It's like they are doing us a favor and we are lucky to use their services no matter how crappy their service is. My 2011 got 19 mpg when I left the dealership, once the particulate filter started plugging up at 40k mileage dropped to 15 mpg and now 13. Oh how fortunate we should be to have anti engineering equipment destroying our $50k plus investments. And to everyone else, you shouldn't have to get used to the look of something your investing $60k into!

Your 2011 like many others probably lost fuel economy due to a flash update... Having said that my '12 with 77k miles makes better fuel economy than it did when I drove it off the lot and it's completely stock.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:22 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
You're the fun guy at parties, I see.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:25 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
You're the fun guy at parties, I see.

This is about the third post I've tried to rep you on but need to reload... LOL...

Old 09-24-2015, 08:33 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
The deeper into tax season I get, the more like this I become.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:34 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Rock on Brett.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:19 PM
George C
Cargo Master
Received 504 Likes on 294 Posts
If you do a little reading, you will see that the DEF/SCR after treatment is a huge leap forward for engine health and emissions treatment.

You want to see bad? Just look what the 6.4l had to deal with, trying to perform with a 100% EGR "in" cylinder "treatment".
That system, if not removed, destroys an engine from the inside out usually within 100k. Remove EGR, and the engine becomes a 400k engine again.
DEF reduces EGR by half, and allows your Diesel engine to actually breath cleaner air again, instead of flooding your intake with engine killing exhaust.
I'm not afraid of the new emissions system at all.
Read up on SCR vs. EGR and you will understand that DEF is your friend.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:29 PM
George C
Cargo Master
Received 504 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
From certain angles, it still looks meh like the leaked cell shot. From other angles, it's much better. The tech is the big sell for me. Love the adaptive steering, folding steps, etc. As I said a long time ago, Ford better add a bunch of "nice to have" features to get me past the certain aspects of the look that I didn't like. Well, they did just that and then some. I figured the new trans may not make it. At least the 250 gets it. Now we can all look forward to the power increase numbers that they mentioned at the reveal. Bottom line George, sure, I'll order one. If it's as late of availability as some here have posted, I'll have to wait though. No sense getting a new 450 near the end of towing season and right before salt/snow season.
The huge LED piping looks a little obnoxious. I like LED piping around headlights, and every automaker seems to be jumping on the bandwagon, but Its a little much on the SD. Maybe it'll look better in person.
Im initially liking the standard halogen housings used on the Lariat better. An HID upgrade is simple.
Like you, I've always been a Lariat guy, and like the chrome bumpers and interior colors better. The new KR Mesa color is the best KR interior color choice yet, but my taste is still far from "cowboy". I'd have to see one in person first.

I'm also disappointed that the ten speed didn't make the initial launch. I mean really disappointed. Almost a reason to wait. I'm guessing that the ten speed hits the 2017.5 or 18'. Ofcourse, who wants to wait, and then you KNOW the ten speed comes out six months after you take delivery..

Old 09-24-2015, 10:02 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
At least there's some kind of body line in the lower panels and the wheel well arches to make it look like a Ford. The first black truck photo looked like a slab side Chevy, not at all like a Ford.

Platnium grille is FUGLY, especailly with the weird LED halo things. The chrome one is weird in the headlights, but not nearly as bad. I'd want to see what an XL looks like, before saying there's no salvaging the front clip.

But eh, hide it behind a Ranch Hand. The blue color makes it look decent, pending finding something to hide the front clip.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:45 PM
Pwrgeek
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PUTC: 2017 Super Duty Details

- Tilt hood so you can actually work on the motor without pulling the cab NOPE
- Steel bed so you won't destroy it by using it for its intended purpose NOPE
- larger interior than the F150 which is a large part of the appeal of a super duty for me NOPE
- ninth injector so the motor won't destroy itself trying to save the planet from gases that don't hurt anything NOPE
- aluminum body so a fender bender will total the truck YEP

Count me out.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:45 PM
CuNmUdF250
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Superduty version of F150 .......that's not a bad thing .......and hey the V10 is back

Quick Reply: PUTC: 2017 Super Duty Details