Any Dent duallys with flare out their

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 04:48 PM
skeeter1971
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
WOAH!!!> Enough with the name calling.

I dont care if those flares were made for your truck or a pinto, they dont follow the body lines what so ever.

As for the truck in the link, I have no clue if it is finished or not. But what doe it matter? It still looks 10x better than yours with those square flares.

And as for me owing a dent, I have owned several
I think i know why you have so much hatred toward the fender flares. You must have gotten hit on the head by one when playing in the street as a kid
no really where in this thread does it say i want to see what you think is a better version of a dually flare? I just want to see them, Not your smart A__ opinion.
mine, his, hers, is better than yours
Why don't you stick to your 87-96 trucks and troll them with your bashing.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:19 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
The truck that Brad linked to based his flare off of a dodge design and works in the sense that he incorporated the dent cove. If you go to F250 convert???? thread you'll see a bumpside posted by Hio. This trucks flare is based on the tri 5 chevy stepside. It works also as he incorporated the bump into his design. His mistake is the front of the flare as he has it leaning back a few degrees. The tri 5 chevy fender is actually verticle on the leading edge but due to design elements it looks like it's leaning forwards. The fender skeeter used is probably the best designed fender for this application but was built with a general sight line acceptance. In other words it looks good even though it doesn't follow the body lines of the truck. Fact is there is no "right" fender for this body design. What is needed is for a fender to be designed that fits the application. Easier said than done as there are 2 options as to what you want in design element. Does the builder want to incorporate the dent cove or be under the dent cove in order to keep the racetrack molding.

I'm cutting up a hood, 2 front fenders, 2 doors and the box side panels this fall in an attempt to get a fender built. If I like what I see it'll get posted to see what others think, then it's time to re-engineer them so that they can be made out of fiber glass with a metal sub structure. If it is a reasonible job I'll look at building molds and setting up a production line for a 3 copy run of both designs. It's a lot of work to get the first 5 sets produced, 1 prototype of each fender in 2 styles, 1 set of each to maintain design protocol, 1 set of each to use as a template for modifications, 1 set of each for cataloging and a set of each for first sale, but that's what it takes to begin producing these things. Price would have to start at $800 usd, but expect it to be in the $1100 to $1400 usd range.

Fenders sure are easy to mess with aren't they, good thing I'm retired and don't have anything better to do. Guess it's time for me to chase down some developement grants and there won't be any product till mid to late spring.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:03 PM
F350Loui
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Privateer I wouldn't go to all that work. As you can see there is little to no interest in this thread. There is just very few dually conversions. Skeeter has the only one thus far on this forum. There's more interest in a regular 4x4 build or a Cummings swap then something that is a little different. Doesn't seem much interest in dually pickups.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:35 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean Loui, but I'm kinda thinking that it might become something like my REITs, as long as I get a check once a month I'm happy. Theres a lot of work involved but the labour is my nickle and about $1200 I can get back in a developement grant that I allready have but need to use in the next 10 months to keep it. For the cost of incorporation I get to benefit from a variety of tax benefits involving advertising and travel. Manufacturing wise there are some grants available to me due to my health. These are cash flow grants so I have to lay out the money first to get it back in as little as a week or at the end of april come tax time. Might help cover my fuel costs as I tour, er promote the product around north america.

This may be a viable opportunity to be retired with benefits and the main benefit is travel related. I'm going to make this retirement thing work for me one way or the other.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:04 PM
76F15OSuper
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Show "Trucks" did one a few years back. They used fender of a step side to make it.

It also has a Dodge Cummins drive train.

Super Dually: The Payoff | Truck Tech | PowerNation TV - Full Episodes

Old 09-24-2015, 01:15 PM
skeeter1971
Senior User
VERY COOL
I have seen some of the shows on PowerNation

FDD= Ford, Dodge, Dually

Old 09-24-2015, 05:17 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by skeeter1971
I think i know why you have so much hatred toward the fender flares. You must have gotten hit on the head by one when playing in the street as a kid
no really where in this thread does it say i want to see what you think is a better version of a dually flare? I just want to see them, Not your smart A__ opinion.
mine, his, hers, is better than yours
Why don't you stick to your 87-96 trucks and troll them with your bashing.

Too bad. I'll be here just to annoy you and your FUGLY dually conversion

Old 09-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Jklnhyd
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
when did this turn into a teenage girl's chat room?

Old 09-24-2015, 08:08 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Jklnhyd
when did this turn into a teenage girl's chat room?
As soon as the name calling started

Old 09-24-2015, 08:24 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Can't we all just get along?

Old 09-24-2015, 08:53 PM
rougeriver
Fleet Mechanic
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Skeeter, don't let one negative critic get to you. Your dually is awesomely gorgeous, and I'm pretty sure 99% of us here would be proud to own it.

Let's get this thread back on track and be done with negativity!

David

Old 09-24-2015, 09:57 PM
hillbillyk
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll have to see if I can figure out how to load pics but I used to have a 77 f350 crewcab dually 2wd that had dual rear wheels added, just had a flat aluminum flare, stuck out about 2 or 3 inches on each side, was very clean and worked great. I also have a 75 f250 4x4 that I put a dana 70 dually rear in, tires just stuck out a couple inches, enough a fender flare would cover, I'm rebuilding the truck with an 8' flareside, thinking of getting the 3 inch wider fender for the rear, should cover it. I also have a 77 f600 crewcab that i'm putting an 8' bed on and going to do the flareside fenders on the rear, have not started on that one yet.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:14 PM
four-sixty-power
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

so there is this guys fire truck

Old 09-24-2015, 11:22 PM
four-sixty-power
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
and there is this guys barn treasure...

Old 09-25-2015, 01:20 AM
skeeter1971
Senior User
Originally Posted by rougeriver
Skeeter, don't let one negative critic get to you. Your dually is awesomely gorgeous, and I'm pretty sure 99% of us here would be proud to own it.

Let's get this thread back on track and be done with negativity!

David
David thanks, I appreciate that, you are right about the negativity.

So as for you Brad....... I apologize for calling you a name.
Wow if that don't make me feel 40 years younger.

hillbillyk I cant wait to see some pics of those trucks.

Quick Reply: Any Dent duallys with flare out their