Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Slow cranking start & radio static

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 07:37 PM
SGorman13
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slow cranking start & radio static

First off, I have an early 99 F350 7.3L and I just recently bought and installed a DP Tuner F6 chip. Everything seemed to be working/running fine for a few weeks. Then I decided to wire my LED light bar to my high beams, so I soldered the power wire off of the relay to the green high beam wire right off of my wiring harness connected to the driver side headlight. Everything seemed to work fine as I was checking it in the driveway, took it on a short test drive and then parked. The next day I got in it and the light wasn't working. Turned out the fuse blew on the relay for my LED light and the fuse to the high beams under the dash. So I cut out the soldered part and rewired the green wires using a waterproof connector, ran it to my battery and replaced the fuses and went on my way. Now my truck is cranking slowly and taking longer then normal, also the radio stations don't come in as good as they used to (one station will hardly play). I just replaced the batteries last Friday and it still does it. I'm wondering if maybe there is a short in that wiring harness that is causing a slight drain of the batteries. I've tried setting the tuner back to stock and it still does it. I spoke with DP Tuner and they said that these symptoms aren't usually related to the tuner so I've come here to see if you guys can help me find my issue. Thanks for any info!