Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Leaking RiffRaff Hpx crossover

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 11:22 PM
carguy3j
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Leaking RiffRaff Hpx crossover

I recently bought and installed a RiffRaff Hpx oil crossover line. This is the stainless hardline type.
There is about 1500 miles on it since installing it. Its leaking where the hardline goes into the fitting "sleeve", not at the oring in the head. Boh sides are leaking, but the passenger side is worse. I was able to tighten the driver side a little bit, but the passenger is as tight as I can get it.

Any suggestions? Is there some kind of sealant/goop/Loctite product I can use to get this to seal? To be clear, its not gushing out, its just "seeping"/dribbling. But, at only 1500 miles,.its enough that there was a small puddle in the valley.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:22 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
Please shoot us an email. We need to look at warranty on this. You shouldn't have any leak issues at all.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:12 PM
carguy3j
Elder User
I don't want to email. I want to speak to a live person. I've been trying to call you guys since yesterday.
I don't want to leave a message and wait for you to call me at your convenience, when I'm in the middle of doing something. I want the business I'm calling, during normal business hours, to answer their phone and discuss the problem, at my convenience.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:31 PM
lee00
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remember they are on the west coast and three hours behind us on the east coast!

Clay has always been quick in reponding to eamils. Plus they just got back from an event they hosted in Tennessee last week; so they are trying to play catch up on shipping orders. Be patient!

Old 07-30-2015, 01:42 PM
binuya
Fleet Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lee00
Remember they are on the west coast and three hours behind us on the east coast!

Clay has always been quick in reponding to eamils. Plus they just got back from an event they hosted in Tennessee last week; so they are trying to play catch up on shipping orders. Be patient!
^^^x2. Clay will always make right. They are an upstanding small business that has always bent over backwards to ensure customer satisfaction. It's not a huge supply house staffed with techs that can handle phone calls full time. He'll take care of you.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:55 PM
carguy3j
Elder User
Originally Posted by lee00

Yes, I am aware of the time difference, and have taken that into account. I started calling a little after 12pm EST today, which is a little after 9am PST. I called yesterday, until 8pm EST, which is 5pm PST.

I don't want to converse via email (regardless of how quickly they respond), as I've already stated. I, the customer, prefer to speak to someone on the phone; which shouldn't be an issue.
Their "play-in-the-mud" event shouldn't interfere with customer service/product support. If it does, then maybe they shouldn't do the events, or hire more staff to cover the actual business during those occasions. Also, shipping new orders should not supersede/prevent promptly resolving problems with an existing sale, and certainly not simply answering the phone. I absolutely hate when any business plays that "leave a message" game. NO. If its during normal published business hours, then answer your phone.

I do not have time to "be patient". I have a brand new part that is leaking. I want it resolved asap, before I finish putting everything else back together, and end up having to remove parts, for access, AGAIN, later. This truck MUST be fully functional by Sunday. In any case, expecting a business to answer their phone is not a matter of patience. Its just how a business should operate.

I doubt that they will offer any solution other then to exchange it, which doesn't really help me. It takes forever to get anything from them, to here on the east coast.

So, I ask again, does anyone have any ideas on how to get the existing leaky part to seal? I will have plenty of extra "retaining compound" left over from the injector sleeves. Think that might help? Some other sealant type product? Ideas?

Old 07-30-2015, 02:02 PM
carguy3j
Elder User
Originally Posted by binuya
^^^x2. Clay will always make right. They are an upstanding small business that has always bent over backwards to ensure customer satisfaction. It's not a huge supply house staffed with techs that can handle phone calls full time. He'll take care of you.
Sorry, but a HUGE part of customer satisfaction is answering the phone! Seriously, that is probably my #1 pet peeve, right along side having the phone answered by someone in another country.
There really is nothing he can do to make it right, short of getting on a plane and bringing me a new one tomorrow, and personally installing it to guarantee it won't leak. OBVIOUSLY, that's ridiculous and isn't going to happen. The point is, I need the problem solved by Sunday at the absolute latest, and there is no way they can do anything by then. I don't see anything "wrong" that would indicate that a replacement would be any less likely to leak anyway.

So, the whole point of this thread was not to play a game of who can defend RiffRaff the hardest. The point of the thread was simple. To ask the "general population" if THEY had any ideas on how to make the existing part stop leaking, preferably from personal experience. That's it.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:16 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
I think rather than wasting your time ranting I would just shoot them an email. I can't imagine that you would be irritated by have to leave a message for a call back. If you are too good to leave a message while they are helping other customers who are also needing install or diag help then it sounds like you are the one with the issue. I know that I had a question the other day and had to leave a message, guess what, I got a call back within about 15 mins. But hey, you can always purchase from a large box chain that always has an $9 per to answer the phone, and then read que cards to you. Personally, I will stick with good ol' american customer service that actually knows what they are instructing you to do, and support small business.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
If you will email, call or PM your phone number we are happy to help. Unfortunately sometimes the phones are extremely busy and we are committed to helping the customer. We spent over 45 mins this morning with a guy on the side of the road who had an factory HPOP issue and needed help figuring it out. Some just take longer than others, and that is why we are hear.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:24 PM
cleatus12r
Butt-Head
Received 1,995 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by Original Poster
So, the whole point of this thread was not to play a game of who can defend RiffRaff the hardest. The point of the thread was simple. To ask the "general population" if THEY had any ideas on how to make the existing part stop leaking, preferably from personal experience. That's it.
Here's a great idea for you:

Install the original plugs that were there instead of whining and complaining about a [problematic] part that does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING anyway.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:33 PM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cleatus12r
Here's a great idea for you:

Install the original plugs that were there instead of whining and complaining about a [problematic] part that does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING anyway.
And there my friend, you are wrong. The part solved a problem on my 7.3 with low oil pressure on the right bank. Actually I installed two of them.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:47 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts
Aside from installing the original plugs like has already been suggested, I have no other ideas, thoughts, or suggestions that you might want to hear.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:08 PM
carguy3j
Elder User
I spoke to Clay a little while ago. I'll pull it off and check for possible cracks at the flare, and if I don't see any, I'm going to put it back in and see what happens. Its possible the flares just weren't seated the right way. Clay offered to send a replacement, but, as expected, there is no way I would get it before Sunday. I could just put the plugs back in if I can find them, but I'm tired of working on this truck, and I don't want to have to reinstall the hpx at a later time.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:45 PM
crop harvester
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well,you could just trade it in for a Horse or Mule,& avoid all that frustration.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:19 PM
binuya
Fleet Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by carguy3j
So, the whole point of this thread was not to play a game of who can defend RiffRaff the hardest. .
And really, my response to your 'entitlement mentality' wasn't so much as to defend Riffraff, but to defend the tone and civility of this forum. Geez dude, read post #3 again and tell me that didn't sound like a hissy fit.

Quick Reply: Leaking RiffRaff Hpx crossover