Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

What's with the ads??

Old 06-25-2015, 11:58 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader
harleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to behold
What's with the ads??

I bought the premium membership a few years back to get rid of the ads on here, Now I see a Tire Rack ad on the top ( I could deal with that) and the google ads going down the right side.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:01 PM
raytasch
Old guy with old toys
raytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputation
All is good on my end.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:13 PM
lee00
Posting Guru
lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.
I don't have adds, but I lost the drop down forum quick launch....

Old 06-25-2015, 01:23 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader
harleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to behold
Well, I sure have it on mine, even changed browsers and it's still there. I'll try a different computer.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:25 PM
lee00
Posting Guru
lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by harleymsn View Post
Well, I sure have it on mine, even changed browsers and it's still there. I'll try a different computer.

It just came back...

there was other goofey stuff going on with my old @$$ browser... didn't have the box around the search dialog either... I like living in the stoneage when it comes to browsers...gotta love work!

Old 06-25-2015, 01:27 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader
Went to a different computer and it's still got the ads.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:34 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Log out, clear cookies, then log back in.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:41 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader
Ross, I have now done that 3 times, still have the ads.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:49 PM
bigwin56f100
Post Fiend
bigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant future
I have the adds too Joe, and I too am a premium supporter. All I can say is this isn't the ONLY site there is......... I like it here but..............

Old 06-25-2015, 02:05 PM
yamagrant
Post Fiend
yamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputation
I've got the ad's too.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:54 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of
Got the ads also. I logged off then back on and no change. Tried different browsers and even types of phone - iPhone and android all the same. Maybe they think it's a bonus for being a premium member.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:18 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
topmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputation
Well everyone knows that it IS all about money these days... And not just here. Every time that I search for something, anything, and then go on to other sites I get adds promoting what I was searching for. You can't get away from it anywhere!
I have gotten where I don't even notice the ads anymore on here, I had to look for them when I read this thread.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:31 PM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
Gicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to behold
I use adblock on firefox and almost never see ads, although i do see that tire rack ad. Nothing along the sides though.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:35 PM
truckdog62563
Post Fiend
truckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant future
I have it too. The one ad takes about 20% of screen width which stinks. On both the iPhone and droid tablet. Stu

Old 06-25-2015, 05:43 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Gicknordon View Post
I use adblock on firefox and almost never see ads, although i do see that tire rack ad. Nothing along the sides though.
Nick, I installed the adblock, I don't have the ads there now, but I still have the screen reduced with a blank where the ads were. So it is for sure a site added ad space,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's with the ads??

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.