Idaho's oh my gosh it's June already bs place

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 10:59 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Morning Micah, Rob!

Originally Posted by Drunken_Unicorn
Well, the day after I bought Stan, I took him to work and the guys all said I looked like the G-Man. So, after some thought I decided that Stan and my Excursion had a lot in common, politics you know. Not only that, it is the type of SUV that Stan Smith would drive.

It was kind of a joke at first, but my niece loved it. Now every Ex she sees with 08 tow mirrors she exclaims, " Look! It's Stan! "

It's also fun to refer to him as Stan, because people are all "wtf". Lol

Almost too long! I'll have to post up some pictures and a quick update on what I've been up to these last few months. Lol

Do you have a build thread started for Goliath?
That's a great story, Aaron!!!

Last edited by 67nukeford; 06-02-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:39 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What are you up to today pat?

Old 06-02-2015, 12:47 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Hello everyone. Not sure if I've met Aaron before, but welcome back in either case.

I met the insurance adjuster and shop owner at the repair shop yesterday afternoon. The shop took my truck inside, raised the front end, at my request, and rechecked the front suspension components to ensure the items that are curved are supposed to be curved, and if so, the curve is not excessive. When they finished with all their "this and this are worn out" conversations, I grabbed the left-front wheel assembly and moved it several inches, by hand, while asking them, why this condition was allowed to leave the shop. Two different alignment shops worked on my vehicle. The repair shop owner says they have the documents that showed the alignment was within specifications, both times, and the new ball joints must have failed at some point after being returned to me. They did not produce these documents during our conversation in the work bay.

I politely declined that explanation and informed him that after I received my truck at the beginning of May, the alignment didn't feel right, and I had brought it back that same day, within an hour of receiving my truck. My "case worker" (employee at the repair shop) stated that was correct. Points for her for corroborating my claim.

The repair shop owner stated we must be having a string of bad luck, but he would recheck the front suspension components, replace the failed ball joints (both new ones failed?) and have the truck alignment done again, at a shop of my choosing.

I bring my youngest home from Eastern Oregon University this Sunday, so hopefully I will have my truck back this week. Have I mentioned before how much I do not trust this shop?

Old 06-02-2015, 01:02 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
jAfternoon guys. Craig, I hope you can get that all worked out, sounds like they are going to finally do you right.

Originally Posted by im2tall33
What are you up to today pat?
Just werkin', man! Busy here, I need to get everything done by the 23rd, when I have my knee replacement surgery.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:14 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Thanks, Pat. I just don't understand how or why this entire fiasco happened. The original accident happened on 3/17/2015. This repair shop (and their subcontractors) have had my truck more than I have during that time. I'll be ecstatic when this ordeal is over.

My garage project, and my Mustang project, which requires garage space, are now two months behind the schedule I had determined was necessary to have my Mustang up and running prior to the beginning of the next semester in late-August.

I've had to reschedule dropping off the engine, transmission, and rear end to their respective shops that I finally just cancelled the work indefinitely until I was sure my truck is completely, and properly, repaired. Now, I'm at the mercy of the engine, transmission, and rear end shops schedules. The domino effect has hit me hard this time around.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:28 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
That stinks craig, sorry man.

Pat, I am just watching Eli right now while esther is in town for a bit with ben. I'm compiling an email to send to my insurance adjuster because I just received some bills that were supposed to be paid by them and a collection notice from another medical provider from my accident that was supposed to be paid as well. Fun times lol

Old 06-02-2015, 01:58 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Wow, that sucks, Micah. Nice of them to take care of that for you. Morons.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:10 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
It's raining.

I'm spending time on Riffraff's (Clay's) website. Trying to decide how many of the neglected maintenance items I need to buy vs. how many of the neglected maintenance items I can afford to buy.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:24 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Yeah no kidding pat. I thought I was done with this ordeal, we'll the bills that is lol

Craig buy them all lol. If only that was an option right?

We had a crazy thunder storm last night and massive rain! In an hour my brother's street had flooded over the curbs lol

Old 06-02-2015, 02:25 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Ooooo...Real easy to spend waaaay too much money there, Craig!

Old 06-02-2015, 02:46 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
Received 245 Likes on 237 Posts
Howdy Idaho.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:06 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
That's the problem, Pat. Being unemployed for as long as I have, these items were not taken care of when they should've been. Now it's time to figure out the priority of purchase in order to fix the most needed maintenance issue first.

I had to replace an idler pulley (bearing froze and pulley popped off) when driving my daughter back to college, so that means I should probably replace the other idler pulley, too, but that puts the total expenditure over my credit card limit. Something will have to wait.

Wife just got home. She has a doctor's appointment. I gotta take a shower and drive her to the appointment.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the rain eased off enough to snap a quick picture. Man I love Idaho! Been all over Oregon and Washington the last few weeks on deliveries, and there is still a certain feeling of relief when I see that "Welcome to Idaho" sign.

Nice to meet all of those I haven't met yet! What all does everyone have planned this month?

Old 06-03-2015, 06:56 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Good morning Idaho, happy Day of Hump!

Aaron, Stan is a nice looking rig! Love me a black truck!

Old 06-03-2015, 07:25 AM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Good morning everyone . Hope you all have a great day.

Aaron, I am going to try and camp a couple times this month, the 17th is my mine and my wife's anniversary, so we will have to do something fun. And I am also getting eye lasik this month

Quick Reply: Idaho's oh my gosh it's June already bs place