6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Get inline for the edge cts2

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 05:54 PM
Blapensee
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get inline for the edge cts2

edge_ico_arrow

Old 05-01-2015, 05:18 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
interesting. I signed up.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:41 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ditto here.. Thx..

Old 05-01-2015, 07:22 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,054 Likes on 2,213 Posts
I have the patience of a gnat...I wanna know more NOW.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:42 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
I want to know how any of these tuner companies are still in business when the EPA is going after them like a Doberman on a steak!!

If I do any tuning at all to mine, it will be to reduce power/fuel to increase economy. Even with my heavy TH at 18k, I do not need all the torque that I have...
Not to turn this into an I WISH thread but...
I am hoping that there will be a programmer somewhere that will act like the old PowerCommander tuners and just intercept and modify the factory ECM signals to the injectors etc..
It would be cool if you could delay a Regen if you knew you were going to be hauling heavy and on the highway in the next fifty miles..
I would rather not re-flash the ECM...
The rest of it would be just the ability to monitor what's going on a bit better..

Old 05-01-2015, 09:11 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Me Too randy, when I'm dragging around my little 8k trailer I don't need all that power, especially cruising at around 70 for hours on end. A couple mpg would add up to huge savings...

Old 05-01-2015, 09:42 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
I wish we could do our own regens when the time gets close. Mine have a tendency to wait until I am almost home to do it. Would love the ability to activate the system and let it do a full regen before I get home.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:02 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
You may rest assured that the Edge company is not selling anything that would run afoul of the EPA. They were nearly put out of business over their 6.4L tuners which could be used to delete DPFs. But there are still folks selling delete type tuners. You just gotta look or ask around if you want one. My opinion is that the DPF technology of the 6.7 is far enough superior to the 6.4 that I'm staying stock. Something I didn't do with the 6.4L. A decision for which I paid deerly.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Lastwagen
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by golfmedik
I wish we could do our own regens when the time gets close. Mine have a tendency to wait until I am almost home to do it. Would love the ability to activate the system and let it do a full regen before I get home.
I've done 2 manual regens on this 2015. I've stopped both before they timed out and stopped on their own. My 2012 would complete a manual regen in about 12 minutes and slow to idle. The first I did on this truck ran about 20 minutes and I hit the brake to abort it with the dpf load at about 25%. I tried another today and it ran for 30 minutes with the dpf load down to 0% and still running like a wood chipper so I aborted it also. Probably burned 5gal of fuel. Although it works, I'm not too sure if it is a valid choice or even necessary on the 2015's.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:22 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Got an email from Edge, new CTS2 info is up on their web site

Old 05-13-2015, 08:30 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,054 Likes on 2,213 Posts
I got it too...seems like nice new unit for some of the guys. I'll keep the minimaxx though

Old 06-06-2015, 07:58 PM
lwk362393
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone know what the differences are between the CTS and CTS 2? The CTS is so heavily discounted right now because of the new one I'm tempted to get it instead, unless there were some significant improvements. I haven't been able to find much info anywhere, including on Edge's website.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:37 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by lwk362393
Anyone know what the differences are between the CTS and CTS 2? The CTS is so heavily discounted right now because of the new one I'm tempted to get it instead, unless there were some significant improvements. I haven't been able to find much info anywhere, including on Edge's website.

I'm debating the same thing. But seeing as I like the latest and greatest......

Old 06-07-2015, 09:43 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
I want to know how any of these tuner companies are still in business when the EPA is going after them like a Doberman on a steak!!

If I do any tuning at all to mine, it will be to reduce power/fuel to increase economy. Even with my heavy TH at 18k, I do not need all the torque that I have...
Not to turn this into an I WISH thread but...
I am hoping that there will be a programmer somewhere that will act like the old PowerCommander tuners and just intercept and modify the factory ECM signals to the injectors etc..
It would be cool if you could delay a Regen if you knew you were going to be hauling heavy and on the highway in the next fifty miles..
I would rather not re-flash the ECM...
The rest of it would be just the ability to monitor what's going on a bit better..
Originally Posted by ruschejj
Me Too randy, when I'm dragging around my little 8k trailer I don't need all that power, especially cruising at around 70 for hours on end. A couple mpg would add up to huge savings...
Guess I am in the me-three camp at lease somewhat. I can tell you that hauling 5000+ in the bed of the truck as a MAJOR effect on performance and that is in spades on the highway. In my '11 I rarely passed a car on anything except dual lanes. But in my '15 its a whole 'nother game. I can go around someone like they are standing still. The power that comes on at 60 mph up will slam you back in your seat.

In a LONG talk with my Svr Mgr and their top gun diesel guy I learned a few things. The torque is available thru the RPM range. But FORD has seen fit to not give it too you until you get up there in speed and rpm. Why? Simple, if it was not controlled you could and would shuck the entire driveline out from under the truck. While I both understand and agree I would like to see a better application of power thru the rpm band. Sure, having all 860 at you toe tips when you pass at 60+ mph is great, but I would like to see the mid range boosted up as that is where most of us do all our driving.

Change the torque curve come on down around 45 mph...yea, don't need it all, but give me some more Torq in the middle...

Old 06-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Keeseter CO
Senior User
Originally Posted by golfmedik
Absolutely.

Originally Posted by SavageNFS
I got it too...seems like nice new unit for some of the guys. I'll keep the minimaxx though
I was getting pretty good at predicting the inevitable based on EBP. Or, if I missed the alert message that an active regen had started, being able to see it through pyro1 (500 degrees was now in the high 700s) at highway speeds did help me to plan if I knew my driving habits would not allow passive regen in the near future (and to coddle the current active running).

Quick Reply: Get inline for the edge cts2