1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

How I spent my summer vacation...or...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 07:36 PM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The truck runs. The long tedious bendix subject is resolved. Manana we get our fence posts.... The two weeks of no truck had put jobs #4 and #5 on hold. They are truck jobs. Fence and kitchen floor.
In those two weeks we 1) mounted the handsome Tbird valve covers, 2) Rewired/cabled the starter system, battery, solenoid, ground etc. 3) nosed and sided the holes in hood and grille, 4) filled some old tach holes in the dash, 5) Rebendixed the starter... had it checked out. Prognosis: strong starter. 6) Primed firewall and inner fenders. 7) Adjusted hood AGAIN (slight improvement). Not much progress for you guys in more temperate climes... but working mornings at the theater puts my truck time right in the heat of the day. Himmelberg is happy. And I want to thank all you guys who put up with me in the last two weeks without the benefit of 'fenders oversight. Best. Himmelberg

Old 07-25-2003, 08:10 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When are the 3x2's? coming? I see you already have the fuel block mounted. We all know the old"your not getting that till' my new kitchen comes" -4speed

Old 07-25-2003, 08:38 PM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First, fence. Then... call grandson...next, mount the edelbrock & 94s. I go back on the clock in 3 weeks. Can't wait for that big boost of powa...........

Old 07-26-2003, 07:41 AM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts

Himmel

I thought all educators painted houses in the summer. Good thing you managed to enter the skilled summer labor force so you get to work in the air conditioning some days.

I am spending most of my summer doing routine stuff. Providing support for some Guard/Reserve annual training periods this summer. My rental fiasco will be over soon. Have some good tenants now. (Wife's uncle) He won't tear the place up so I can concentrate on other stuff. Another 100 foot of retaining wall this summer/fall. You'd laugh if you saw where I built my house. Mountains are rare in Iowa but I managed to purchase one.

94 Bronco 351W arrived on the car hauler yesterday. That was kind of exciting (read that stressful). It finally showed up and is approximately what I was told I was buying over the net. Seems great mechanically but it's had some repainting for sure. It's funny how car salesman are unable to see obvious things like that when they are selling you a truck.

53 will get some attention in August. New steel fenders and gate are not painted yet. Hood flip kit will probably sit in the corner until fall. Took three months to receive some PW switches. My discretionary funds are a little low. This is the longest delay on my 53 in four years.

Old 07-26-2003, 09:59 AM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Peter,

ALL Bendix subjects are long and tedious. You're getting a LOT done compared to some people who are me.

4Speed,

Sounds like Barbara has actually been quite understanding with Peter, actually.

'fenders,

Glad you made it back on-line. It just wasn't the same without you here. You can read whatever you like into that.