6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 11:59 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I call those types oxygen thieves.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:03 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by dlibson
I call those types oxygen thieves.
And subject to a nasty case of lead poisoning.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:13 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Got the tired back on the rig. One was so far off that they couldn't balance it. It was the same when they tried when they sold them to me new and it likely should have been replaced then. Ah well. Now I'm just waiting for my friend the electrician to help me snake that harness. He's coming today or tomorrow. Then I'll be able to finish up the install and pair the TPMS sensors to the truck. Next stop, kitchen island LED's al la Tony...

Old 06-29-2017, 10:26 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
As I have been in England all week, my oldest son took the opportunity to drive my truck over to the EarthRoamer factory. He is completely fascinated by EarthRoamer's products and their plant is only about five miles from our house. I think he has now toured the factory at least three times. He posted this pic on FaceBook last night and tagged it "Stephen, your truck had a nice visit with its big brother at EarthRoamer today."

At least he has good taste!

Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2017, 06:03 AM
System
Prolocutor
Cool shot. They are interesting rigs for sure.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:39 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
I've seen two Earthroamers on the road, both on I-91 in NH. Considering the very limited numbers of them on the road, this was pretty rare. One was an early generation 6.0L - powered truck, and the other was a 2011-2016 6.7L truck. Very nice.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:29 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Logistics Pro
Received 2,176 Likes on 680 Posts
Those Earthroamers are nice...we see more marsh buggies down here in the swamps!!

Old 06-30-2017, 12:26 PM
System
Prolocutor
So, I've come to the conclusion that I made a mistake. I know... I know... Roy, Tim, and whomever else told me how great having a bigger fuel tank was, were RIGHT. On the way to PA I almost jackknifed getting to a diesel pump behind a small station. Then on the way home I took a rock chasing fuel on an offramp that didn't even have a pump that was accessible to me. Starring at that crack in my windshield all the way home, all I could think was, "If only I had my Titan tank, this could have been avoided..." Well, who knows really. I could have been hit by a big rig if I didn't take that exit but let's not concentrate on that.... Let's concentrate on the new order for a Titan tank that will land before my trip to MorRyde in August. I feel so much better having done this and confessed publicly...

The real issue is, I passed plenty of big rig friendly stations. However, you don't know if they are or aren't until you are going past them or off the ramp. Then it's too late one way or the other. Now I can go on a trip like I just did to PA 400 miles away and fill up before I hook up and then after I drop the RV and set up camp and not once in between... Ahhhh...... I did it for 5 years the other way (guessing) with my 2012. I'm glad that will be done soon...

Old 06-30-2017, 12:40 PM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,496 Likes on 1,305 Posts
Rodney I'll be honest with you I dont know how you guys with 40+ foot rigs and in the northeast/east get fuel that neck of the world is not big rig friendly. Mine being 36' can be a challenge at times. Your future on-board fuel depot will relieve some unwanted frustration.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:46 PM
System
Prolocutor
I'm hoping so Jim! I won't have it in time for ME but I know that route and all the fuel stops like the back of my hand. However, going to IN and NH in Aug will be much better. Plus FL later this year to bring the monster to Disney....

Old 06-30-2017, 01:43 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,998 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Rodney.........There are times that bigger is better........
I so love having 128 Gallons of diesel onboard...........

Old 06-30-2017, 02:00 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,694 Likes on 2,750 Posts
More fuel would be good for long trips until I think of the mountain passes I'll be climbing. I don't really want another 500+ lbs of weight.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:31 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 908 Likes on 328 Posts
I've considered both the larger Titan tank that is direct replacement, and the extra tank like what Roy runs, and neither "sit well" with me, although I'd love the additional freedom of longer range. I had similar issues on my spring trip to NC with fuel stations accommodating my rig on non Interstate roads. Worked out ok, but added some stress.

First off, I have no room for the extra in-bed tank in my CCSB, so that's the main issue, but secondly, I'd be concerned carrying that much fuel, when not travelling is just too heavy, and if not burned, or leaving the second tank empty would lead to fuel contamination issues? For the Titan replacement, I guess I'm just a chicken ****** with regards to all the issues I've read here about improper installation. I also only keep my trucks 5 years, so parting with $1k for something that I wouldn't be able to take with me doesn't sit well.

Oh, well, 1st world problems. Maybe my next truck will be a long bed, and that will be good enough.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:36 PM
System
Prolocutor
I agree about the in bed units Dave but the midship replacement is pretty easy. I can't wait to get it installed....

Old 06-30-2017, 02:41 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
So, I've come to the conclusion that I made a mistake. I know... I know... Roy, Tim, and whomever else told me how great having a bigger fuel tank was, were RIGHT. On the way to PA I almost jackknifed getting to a diesel pump behind a small station. Then on the way home I took a rock chasing fuel on an offramp that didn't even have a pump that was accessible to me. Starring at that crack in my windshield all the way home, all I could think was, "If only I had my Titan tank, this could have been avoided..." Well, who knows really. I could have been hit by a big rig if I didn't take that exit but let's not concentrate on that.... Let's concentrate on the new order for a Titan tank that will land before my trip to MorRyde in August. I feel so much better having done this and confessed publicly...

The real issue is, I passed plenty of big rig friendly stations. However, you don't know if they are or aren't until you are going past them or off the ramp. Then it's too late one way or the other. Now I can go on a trip like I just did to PA 400 miles away and fill up before I hook up and then after I drop the RV and set up camp and not once in between... Ahhhh...... I did it for 5 years the other way (guessing) with my 2012. I'm glad that will be done soon...
If I'm on the major highways I only fill at Pilot or FlyingJ's and I use the highway tractor islands at the back. I never go to the "RV" pumps as they are often too tight for a fiver. If I do have to stop at a regular station I have no problem taking up as much room as I want to make sure I can get in and out without issue. If I'm not sure I can make a turn to exit going forward then I just back out the way I came in. I'd like a larger tank too but I do carry a 5g can which I used once last yr in NOLA and once this yr coming back thru TX.

Quick Reply: Today is the day........