6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 01:14 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Damn Monty, you sound like you need to take it a bit easier! Hope you (and Trent) are both feeling better soon.

Pulled the trigger on the Sailuns today. Could not get them from anybody local so I had to go the simpletire route. Hopefully see them by Friday. After I couldn't get them local I almost went back to the Goodyears. It's going to cost a bit more to go this route, but I know I'm getting a beast of a tire. Other than the Goodyear being made by Americans, we know nothing about if it will hold up better than the Chinese Marathon. We assume better materials and QC but who knows. Ultimately, my current tires are only speed rated to 65. And it was going to be a long damn ride to Maine at 65! They had to go. I will try to sell them, and if they don't sell to recover some $$ back, I will get the 16x6 wheels and put them on the dump trailer. It needs tires bad but never goes more than 30 miles from home so I'm not that concerned.

Old 06-19-2017, 02:00 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
Damn Monty, you sound like you need to take it a bit easier! Hope you (and Trent) are both feeling better soon.

Pulled the trigger on the Sailuns today. Could not get them from anybody local so I had to go the simpletire route. Hopefully see them by Friday. After I couldn't get them local I almost went back to the Goodyears. It's going to cost a bit more to go this route, but I know I'm getting a beast of a tire. Other than the Goodyear being made by Americans, we know nothing about if it will hold up better than the Chinese Marathon. We assume better materials and QC but who knows. Ultimately, my current tires are only speed rated to 65. And it was going to be a long damn ride to Maine at 65! They had to go. I will try to sell them, and if they don't sell to recover some $$ back, I will get the 16x6 wheels and put them on the dump trailer. It needs tires bad but never goes more than 30 miles from home so I'm not that concerned.
That's what I keep telling myself, but it just doesn't happen as I always screw up some how. Glad you have the tires coming in. Great piece of mind!

Old 06-20-2017, 04:01 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Did this thread really go 24 hours without a post, that's weird. I didn't think Amazon ever got 24 hours off from delivering to Rodney's home. Delivery (FedEx, USPS, UPS) must all be running late today.

bruce...

Old 06-20-2017, 04:22 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,926 Likes on 2,809 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Did this thread really go 24 hours without a post, that's weird. I didn't think Amazon ever got 24 hours off from delivering to Rodney's home. Delivery (FedEx, USPS, UPS) must all be running late today.
I'm really sorry for not keeping up my end of the thread. I've been meaning to post this all day...

I bought a set of JT Strongarms for my toy hauler last night. My wife complained about how the trailer would move. That sounded like permission to buy something to me!

Have a great day and good luck with your shopping!

Old 06-20-2017, 04:24 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,204 Likes on 578 Posts
I was on the road today. 400 miles and just set up camp Bruce. I will endeavor to step it up from here on out...

Old 06-20-2017, 04:31 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
I was on the road today. 400 miles and just set up camp Bruce. I will endeavor to step it up from here on out...
How is the Mount Jewett KOA Rodney?

Old 06-20-2017, 04:38 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
How is the Mount Jewett KOA Rodney?
Kinzua KOA Scott. Tight. I pulled a Roy and took out their sat wires to a cottage. DOH....

Old 06-20-2017, 05:12 PM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 445 Likes on 141 Posts
Uh oh, looks like mom is tending a boo boo already...

BTW, that XLR/Super Duty combo is a stunning pair!

Old 06-20-2017, 05:15 PM
System
Prolocutor
Just bug spray Tom... All is well... so far!

Thanks for the combo compliment! We are pleased with it...

Old 06-20-2017, 05:23 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Kinzua KOA Scott. Tight. I pulled a Roy and took out their sat wires to a cottage. DOH....

Looks like my kind of site though. The kind that are great AFTER you're in. Did you ask them about big rig access on the phone? Any questions about the area don't hesitate to shoot me a text.

Looks like my tires will land Thursday. So I shlound have the trailer ready to head to Maine by the end of the weekend!

Old 06-20-2017, 05:27 PM
System
Prolocutor
Oh, I asked about my RV's size like I always do. And like always I was told... "NO PROBLEM!" Then they see me pull in and say, "um... wow, that's a big one..." I like the challenge though. Feels like I'm in an enchanted forest now that we're in. Tony arrives tomorrow to join the fun. Going to do some RV mods while he's here too...

Old 06-20-2017, 06:01 PM
elee3
Fleet Mechanic
Received 229 Likes on 133 Posts
Rodney, I'm always slow to come around to body style changes (I'm generally resistant to change), and with the new Superduty's, it's taking me longer than usual. That being said, your photos are helping nudge me along. Your rig looks way better than the ones I see on the road. Your choice of photo angles probably have a lot to do with it.

I think what I'm having the hardest time with is the view from behind. The top of the tailgate throws me off and the tires look like they are not spaced wide enough. In the end, I'll come around and love the new lines and the previous ones will look old to me. That's just the way it goes with me.

All that being said, your truck, trailer combo is really sweet........I think I'm coming around.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:27 PM
System
Prolocutor
The rear view of the tires is an issue I have as well. I'm going wider on the next set to see how that looks. Only 40k miles to go... LOL

Old 06-20-2017, 07:09 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Oh, I asked about my RV's size like I always do. And like always I was told... "NO PROBLEM!" Then they see me pull in and say, "um... wow, that's a big one..." I like the challenge though. Feels like I'm in an enchanted forest now that we're in. Tony arrives tomorrow to join the fun. Going to do some RV mods while he's here too...
LOL. I'm not near as big as you but I've heard those words. Never a good feeling. But I do love a wooded site. Some of the older campgrounds need to get with the program.

I still think the new super duty's look odd from both the front and rear. They are so tall they look really narrow. I think the F450 solves the issue at both ends. It'll grow on me I'm sure. The new dually fenders don't bother me near as much as they used to.

Other than steps, what mods you guys doing? I've got tires, shackles, and taillights going on and I'm DONE!

Old 06-20-2017, 07:14 PM
System
Prolocutor
I have some new day/night shades for the garage that Tony picked up for me at XLR. Then, I have to help Tony do his fuel filters for the first time.

Quick Reply: Today is the day........