6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 02:16 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
The General and a Polar trailer... Although, even the General is wide and tall so I may end up grabbing another ATV just because...
In my early years with The Bees, we had a suspended bridge project 2 miles into the woods of a Boy Scout camp. We used a 16’ flat bed to haul materials to and from the job site. The tow vehicle was an old Massey tractor. I was the only one “allowed” to run the tractor and trailer in and out of the woods. I could drive forward for the first 1.5 miles, but had to drive backward the last half. In many areas, the trees were barely as far apart as the fenders on the trailer. There was no loader on the tractor, so it was easier to move around than some tractors, but the woods always looked like woods, and the trail never began looking like a road. I don’t know what weight limits you have with the General, but the tractor may allow pulling larger loads of wood out, without destroying the scenery.

Old 10-14-2018, 02:44 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,200 Likes on 574 Posts
There is no limits with the General or an ATV. Fill the trailer and pull it out. A tractor also can't do the hills and avoid the rocks this piece of land has. A tractor would also need the hoe removed to pull a trailer. Often times, a trail (for lack of a better word) into the woods will weave between trees and the short combo of an ATV and trailer is much more maneuverable than a tractor that is twice the length and half again the width. I could go on but a tractor just isn't the right piece of equipment for the job in my scenario.

We went and looked at the Kubota dealer today. Maryann loved the L47 TLB. It really is the best tool for what I would want to do if only it weren't so expensive. Will see in time if this comes to fruition or is out of range of the building budget. The good thing is, there is no hurry. I am going to keep my eye on the used market for a good deal....

Old 10-14-2018, 03:21 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,621 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Did you get the measurements you were looking for? I haven't unearthed mine yet. I still can and will if you need the measurements.

Old 10-14-2018, 04:00 PM
System
Prolocutor
I got it sorted Tim but thanks much for the offer! I'm thinking a flatbed is a much better option than squeezing it into any type dump trailer. Much to consider yet....

Old 10-14-2018, 04:36 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,621 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Got it, no problem. I have seen tractors in dump trailers but I think mainly the smaller tractors.

A buddy of mine has a three point backhoe attachment for his. It's small but for light duty owner stuff it works very well. He dug the foundation for his neighbors home with it.

I'm not sure what you have to dig but that might be an option if you don't need a backhoe all the time.

Old 10-14-2018, 04:46 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
There is no limits with the General or an ATV. Fill the trailer and pull it out. A tractor also can't do the hills and avoid the rocks this piece of land has. A tractor would also need the hoe removed to pull a trailer. Often times, a trail (for lack of a better word) into the woods will weave between trees and the short combo of an ATV and trailer is much more maneuverable than a tractor that is twice the length and half again the width. I could go on but a tractor just isn't the right piece of equipment for the job in my scenario.

We went and looked at the Kubota dealer today. Maryann loved the L47 TLB. It really is the best tool for what I would want to do if only it weren't so expensive. Will see in time if this comes to fruition or is out of range of the building budget. The good thing is, there is no hurry. I am going to keep my eye on the used market for a good deal....
I forgot you wanted the fixed hoe on the rear. That changes everything.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:12 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
I got it sorted Tim but thanks much for the offer! I'm thinking a flatbed is a much better option than squeezing it into any type dump trailer. Much to consider yet....
A good thought for sure Rodney. When you are at max length that will fit in the dump, you really lose all good tie down points and have less than ideal or no strap angle. Really need 2-3' or so front and back to get a good angle on the straps or chains. You're also stuck by not being able to move the machine to get the balance right. A good 12 or 14k flatbed can be picked up used in decent shape under 4k. You'd certainly be money ahead vs buying the ultimate dump, and have a better trailer for the task.

But if you do go ramps for the current trailer, the ones from discount ramps sure are nice. That's were mine came from although mine are only good to 3k total. Just don't do anything heavy anymore.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:23 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Today is the day we put the camper on ice for the season 🙁. Hit a local KOA for the weekend, nice place but a challenge to both get to it, and get around inside. Narrow winding roads both inside and out. Inside added some big hills to the mix. Once we got in the site we had a nice view overlooking the play areas and pool. Lots of bed rail clearance is mandatory for this place, I'm at 8-9" and saw it get CLOSE! Hit Longwood Gardens yesterday for Becky's birthday and th hen did some trick or treating. Michael had a blast!

Old 10-14-2018, 07:44 PM
System
Prolocutor
Looks like fun Scott. I wouldn't make it with the bed rail clearance I have... had... Put the RV on CL and RVT. RV Trader is next.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:25 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Looks like fun Scott. I wouldn't make it with the bed rail clearance I have... had... Put the RV on CL and RVT. RV Trader is next.
I could not imagine something the size of yours back there even without the bed clearance issue. There were 2 big DRV mobile suites units in there. I would have **** a brick getting one of those expensive beasts back there. One tandem pulled by a Dodge and one triple pulled by a very nice singled out Volvo tractor that was looong by itself. I was on the wrong side of the road and going very slow a lot to get away from trees. Then a very tight 90 degree turn off a bridge which got complicated by an ignorant school bus driver. I know there's a few good ones here, but man have I encountered a lot of ignorant ones over the years.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:58 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Put the RV on CL and RVT. RV Trader is next.
Nice looking ad and pictures. Hope it sells very soon for you. I know that you have very good luck in this area.

bruce...

Old 10-15-2018, 02:16 PM
System
Prolocutor
Thanks Bruce. Will see how it goes.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:19 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Mornin Rodney and crew! Have a good one all.

Old 10-18-2018, 02:07 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Two days since the last post here? Thread dropped off the front page. No one has done or purchased anything cool or funny in 48 hours. I don't believe this for a moment.

Bruce...

Old 10-18-2018, 02:18 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,777 Likes on 2,765 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Two days since the last post here? Thread dropped off the front page. No one has done or purchased anything cool or funny in 48 hours. I don't believe this for a moment.
I had the generator in my trailer serviced this week. Does that count?

Quick Reply: Today is the day........