6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 07:45 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,199 Likes on 573 Posts
No, I'm shopping New Hampshire Scott...

The truck will stay Chad but Boss does make an F150 V plow if ever I need one...

Old 10-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 507 Likes on 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
No, I'm shopping New Hampshire Scott...

The truck will stay Chad but Boss does make an F150 V plow if ever I need one...
If anybody else told me that I would have called BS....lol...I didn't realize BOSS's HTX had a V plow in the lineup until I just looked.
In the past the truck under carriage was the same for all their plows, and people would put the big daddy V plow on trucks that had no business pushing them.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:37 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
All this tractor talk is making me want to drop by the Orange Toy store again. A cab, HST and more power are all on my list for my upgrade. I would like to keep the loader I currently have, as well as my shredder, box blade, etc. That would save me some money - if the loader will fit the new frame.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:49 AM
System
Prolocutor
I'd love a cab but the cab on the Grand L is factory installed and 10 grand! Yikes... If I was going to run a blower, that would be a must but since I prefer to plow, it's not really necessary for me. I see where you'd want the AC for your TX heat though Doug.

Chad, you did call BS if you went straight to Boss' website to confirm....LOL You kept it inside your head!

Old 10-11-2018, 11:01 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 535 Likes on 259 Posts
I've never custom ordered a tractor, Rodney...usually you pick your model and the dealer has one. They typically can add all the factory options like different tires, remote hydraulics, lighting, etc. Obviously cab / no cab is something that must come from the factory.

A snow pusher on a tractor works amazingly, or you can actually get power angle plows that work off the hydraulics (or power beyond) circuit. But for areas that drift, a blower is pretty nice.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:08 PM
System
Prolocutor
Well, it's not a custom order Tyler. However, most dealers don't have either the model I would want set up the way I want. Finding a Grand without the factory cab is tough. It can't be added or removed either. Finding an L4701 is tough on it's own. Finding one with R4 tires complicates it further. Sure, adding implements that bolt on and connect the hydro lines is easy. However, certain things need to come specced a certain way when built and I'm a bit against the grain on what dealers stock in that regard. Even something like tires, most dealers would rather grab one already setup a certain way than start swapping things around. Will see what happens when I get some time to call around. There is a Kubota dealer right down the street from where I bought my General. I'll start there.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:26 PM
troverman
Hotshot
My dealer was willing to swap tires. You might consider R1 ag tires. I was an all R4 guy until this last one, but I decided to try ags. They have incredible grip...much better than R4. They don’t cause any more rutting than R4 unless the ground is soft and wet...then beware...but even R4s will tear stuff up in those conditions. I still like R4 tires and they probably are still the best overall compromise but I feel much more confident on wet grassy slopes with R1 tires.

Anyway, enjoy the hunt and feel free to reach out with any other questions I might be able to answer.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:47 PM
System
Prolocutor
Yeah, not really in love with R1. I don't need additional grip and if you go across the lawn you can really tear things up. I think R4 is the best overall tire. Once they are loaded, I don't think they will be too squirrely...

Old 10-12-2018, 01:28 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
I'd love a cab but the cab on the Grand L is factory installed and 10 grand! Yikes... If I was going to run a blower, that would be a must but since I prefer to plow, it's not really necessary for me. I see where you'd want the AC for your TX heat though Doug.
The heat is definitely a factor, but an equally important reason for me to want a cab, is all of the dust that I endure while mowing or doing dirt work. This tractor is what we could comfortably afford at the time, and I am glad we decided to buy it. It did help me figure out a few things to do differently next time though.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:36 AM
System
Prolocutor
Ah yes, mowing. I would deg go with a Grand L with a cab if mowing often. The HVAC is great and the dust factor is huge. Good point there.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:14 AM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 436 Likes on 139 Posts
I mow about 2 acres, and I've contemplated getting a cabbed tractor for because allergies and dust tear me up in the spring and early summer (almost pulled the trigger for a cabbed B3350 about 18 months ago). However, I do quite a bit of work with mine in the woods hogging trails and what-not, and I don't think a cab would do well in some of these areas. If it wasn't for that, I'd be cutting grass in the cool, clean, comfy cab.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:22 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
...However, I do quite a bit of work with mine in the woods hogging trails and what-not, and I don't think a cab would do well in some of these areas. If it wasn't for that, I'd be cutting grass in the cool, clean, comfy cab.
This is a very good point. I have a canopy on one of my tractors, and even that is getting killed by trees while on trails or even mowing near a treeline. I avoid the cabs simply because of the higher center of gravity, but I'm likely planning on buying a cab tractor anyway next year for the areas I mow that I'm not on slopes.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:01 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,441 Likes on 937 Posts
anyone have any experience with branson tractors? made here in rome ga

Seems appealing to me, still fully mechanical injection, with stand alone dpf that can easily fall off with no tuning needed.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...f-issue-5.html

Old 10-12-2018, 09:37 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76
anyone have any experience with branson tractors? made here in rome ga

Seems appealing to me, still fully mechanical injection, with stand alone dpf that can easily fall off with no tuning needed.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...f-issue-5.html
They aren't made in the US...only "assembled" here. They are Korean just like Kioti. My opinion is that they get the job done but have less smooth engines and less sophisticated transmissions, as well as generally more crude levers and controls. They may not use a DPF at all, just a DOC and more EGR. Kubota and Deere have the best emissions systems by far. If it is a real DPF, it cannot easily fall off. Tractor software is proprietary and manufacturers do not release it - there have been lawsuits by farmers on this. So no "tuners" are available; nothing to prevent a regen from starting even if the hardware is gone. I doubt any tractor they offer with more than 26HP is meeting Tier IV Final without common rail and full electronic control. Maybe I'm wrong...

Old 10-12-2018, 10:06 AM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 436 Likes on 139 Posts
The DPF and emissions issues were one thing that kept me away from that B3350 last year. There have been some major issues with the DPF in that machine. I'm not sure if they are all resolved yet or not, but personally, I think emissions regs on those small engines is just ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Today is the day........