6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 05:56 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Thanks Tim... Slo mo save for sure.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:15 PM
elee3
Fleet Mechanic
Received 229 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Wonder if that's what is described as "Mommy Brain". I don't have any experience in that world and have no comment.

By hanging out here for years, I do know what "Daddy Brain" and "Grandpa Brain" is:
-
-
  • I need a truck. Biggest and most powerful on the market. It has to have every possible factory option on it and then we need to tune, lift , and add crazy huge wheels and tires. Once my truck is perfect, I need to trade that truck in on another new truck and repeat this process as often as possible. I will use the increase of 10hp on a 450+ hp truck to justify this.
  • Guns, we are going to need guns. Old guns, new guns, any kind of gun. There is no limit to the quantity, we just need more of them. Maybe some ammo too.
  • Have to have an RV. Always a new one and huge in size. We will never stop shopping new RVs and will be prepared to upgrade at a moment's notice.
  • We need a boat. Pontoon, speed, bass, house, canoe, jet-ski, it doesn't matter. Maybe two of them and can I tow it behind my ridiculously large RV?
  • ATV, Sled, horse, dirt bike, golf cart. We are going to need off road vehicles. One for every member of the family. I would like to bring these items along with us on vacation, in our ridiculously large RV.
  • Tractors, tractors, tractors. Orange, green, red, blue, they are all good.
  • Pole barns, huge garage, sheds, RV shelters. We need a place to hang out to make our buddies jealous. This place needs to be clean and organized. Having a lift, cable TV, floor drain, nice...
  • We are going to need some land. Lots of land. Could be a second house or at our main house. It will be deemed large enough when, in the middle of winter when the leaves are off the trees, I cannot see, hear, or smell, any of my neighbors.

Many FTE members struggle with "Daddy Brain" and "Grandpa Brain". I'm glad to be a participant in our little FTE support group.

Bruce...
Great post Bruce! I can relate to everything except the sled (Fla boy). Tried to rep you but no luck.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Wow, I can't believe the belt didn't let go Rodney. That's some serious chewing into the pulley.

I mowed 1/3 of the front yard with the pushmower last night. And it's so wet that left tracks. Mowed the "dry" with the ZTR and the grass was so wet it was packing on the front wheels and getting scraped off by the forks onto the deck. Mower is a mess. And it's now pouring again. The yard is super green, but I am sick of all this rain! I'm taking off about 3" every time I cut because its just too wet to get on most of the time. Bummer when you have a new mower!

Becky definately struggles with the mommy brain thing. Its gotten a bit better, but not what it once was.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:34 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,693 Likes on 2,750 Posts
I had a wild hair and decided to look up how much a set of portable wheel scales would cost. Eeek!! $1,700 minimum for just two scales. Something like this: http://a.co/0AqEGzR

I think I'll just find a local Cat scale.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:11 AM
System
Prolocutor
I'd like to know individual wheel weights Jim. I've been over the CAT scale a few times but I'm thinking my door side is heavier than my ODS with all the appliances in the kitchen on that side plus my W/D on that side. I run my tires at 110 but likely could lower them to 90 or so for a better ride. I'm just concerned about side to side weight differences though so without knowing, I just leave them maxed out.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:10 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,693 Likes on 2,750 Posts
I'm interested in the individual wheel weights also. A family member said they thought my trailer was leaning to one side slightly as it went down the road. Weight or suspension problem? A wheel scale would come in handy.

One option, if the scale has room, is to drive only one side of the trailer on the scale.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:15 AM
System
Prolocutor
I thought about doing one side on a CAT scale but most I've seen are kind of raised so if one side was on and one was off, the trailer would list to the side that is off and throw off the weights.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:40 AM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 433 Likes on 138 Posts
I wonder if a call to the Highway Patrol would work to have one of the DOT crew allow you to use their weight scales? You know, for safety reasons.

A friend of mine is on the DOT crew here in MO, but he doesn't have scales. He says theirs are $25k for a set, but they are built to weigh semis.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:42 AM
System
Prolocutor
I'm not sure I want the police taking my weights Tom...

Old 08-08-2018, 08:04 AM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 433 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
I'm not sure I want the police taking my weights Tom...
LOL...point taken!

Old 08-08-2018, 09:20 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,630 Likes on 1,644 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Wonder if that's what is described as "Mommy Brain". I don't have any experience in that world and have no comment.

By hanging out here for years, I do know what "Daddy Brain" and "Grandpa Brain" is:
-
-
  • I need a truck. Biggest and most powerful on the market. It has to have every possible factory option on it and then we need to tune, lift , and add crazy huge wheels and tires. Once my truck is perfect, I need to trade that truck in on another new truck and repeat this process as often as possible. I will use the increase of 10hp on a 450+ hp truck to justify this.
  • Guns, we are going to need guns. Old guns, new guns, any kind of gun. There is no limit to the quantity, we just need more of them. Maybe some ammo too.
  • Have to have an RV. Always a new one and huge in size. We will never stop shopping new RVs and will be prepared to upgrade at a moment's notice.
  • We need a boat. Pontoon, speed, bass, house, canoe, jet-ski, it doesn't matter. Maybe two of them and can I tow it behind my ridiculously large RV?
  • ATV, Sled, horse, dirt bike, golf cart. We are going to need off road vehicles. One for every member of the family. I would like to bring these items along with us on vacation, in our ridiculously large RV.
  • Tractors, tractors, tractors. Orange, green, red, blue, they are all good.
  • Pole barns, huge garage, sheds, RV shelters. We need a place to hang out to make our buddies jealous. This place needs to be clean and organized. Having a lift, cable TV, floor drain, nice...
  • We are going to need some land. Lots of land. Could be a second house or at our main house. It will be deemed large enough when, in the middle of winter when the leaves are off the trees, I cannot see, hear, or smell, any of my neighbors.

Many FTE members struggle with "Daddy Brain" and "Grandpa Brain". I'm glad to be a participant in our little FTE support group.

Bruce...
Excellent points Bruce. This is why I always laugh in the gas vs diesle threads when people bring up the *NEED* for a diesel. How many of us here actually *NEED* the toys that we pull behind our Super Duties?? If we did not have all of them, we would not *NEED* a pickup at all!! LOL

Old 08-08-2018, 10:27 AM
System
Prolocutor
Don, I always say the same. I don't need an RV at all. I could stay in a motel/hotel. I don't need to go on vacation at all really. The only guy I know that "needs" his truck is radium for doing real man work unlike us weekend warriors...

Old 08-08-2018, 10:30 AM
System
Prolocutor
OK shoppers / upgraders. Today is the day for the latest eBay coupon. 15% site wide. Code PRONTO15 good until 10PM PT on orders over $25 with a max savings of $100...

Old 08-08-2018, 10:43 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
It's not fair - a new Ford dealer is being built next door to my office. It's nearing completion and inventory is moving in. I vowed to keep my current 2017 for at least two years (October is the 1 year mark) but there is a very nice TriCoat White F-450 Lariat Ultimate I have to stare at right outside my window!

Old 08-08-2018, 10:46 AM
System
Prolocutor
450's do inspire the desire to spend Tyler.... Not what you want for your new plow though.

Quick Reply: Today is the day........