6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 04:26 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,441 Likes on 937 Posts
my weekend

i hate IFS. Did for a friend.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:31 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,199 Likes on 573 Posts
Truck looks good though. Plus you got to play with your lift!

Old 08-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
The learning curve on the bars is not that steep Rodney. Of course in the beginning there may be that mowing the rock garden, trying to nudge a tree over etc. Either way have fun. I'm sure given MaryAnns background she'd catch on pretty quick too. But, since you already know how the steering wheel unit works, why not find a local dealer and demo one with the bars? Nothing to lose and you just may like it. I'm heading out soon to push some green bars with a smile on my face!

This weekends frankenproject. John deere front mount dethatcher with hydraulic lift on the Wheelhorse. Nothing a drill and welder can't fix! Since the concept turned out I will order the second extension for the dethatcher to make it 56".

Old 08-06-2018, 06:46 PM
System
Prolocutor
We're a ways off on making a purchase Scott but that's a fine idea about letting her demo a bar unit. That said, the old grey mare ain't what she used to be. Having her try my manual shift Spyder after riding her auto for years almost ended in disaster. She was a quick study before Elyse. Since she came along, all Maryann's free mental energy goes into her and there isn't much left for learning new tricks...

Old 08-06-2018, 06:56 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,441 Likes on 937 Posts
Having that lift is life changing!
​​​​​​​i like it, little tall for 35's maybe

Old 08-06-2018, 10:02 PM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 436 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
We're a ways off on making a purchase Scott but that's a fine idea about letting her demo a bar unit. That said, the old grey mare ain't what she used to be. Having her try my manual shift Spyder after riding her auto for years almost ended in disaster. She was a quick study before Elyse. Since she came along, all Maryann's free mental energy goes into her and there isn't much left for learning new tricks...
Glad it's not just my wife that's like that...

Old 08-07-2018, 06:23 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 535 Likes on 259 Posts
Tyler, I LIKE that Ferris with the suspension. Man, that would be sweet. Is that what you run and if so, what model?
Nope, ExMark for me, plus one Husqvarna commercial unit that has done surprisingly well. Husky is another company that definitely has different levels of quality as we were discussing earlier. But I think ExMark leaves the best cut. I might buy a Ferris next year to try it out - I like the suspension idea too - but I worry about ball joints and things wearing out with the higher hours my crew puts on. I will talk to the competition in the area that runs them and see what they think.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:45 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
She was a quick study before Elyse. Since she came along, all Maryann's free mental energy goes into her and there isn't much left for learning new tricks...
Wonder if that's what is described as "Mommy Brain". I don't have any experience in that world and have no comment.

By hanging out here for years, I do know what "Daddy Brain" and "Grandpa Brain" is:
-
-
  • I need a truck. Biggest and most powerful on the market. It has to have every possible factory option on it and then we need to tune, lift , and add crazy huge wheels and tires. Once my truck is perfect, I need to trade that truck in on another new truck and repeat this process as often as possible. I will use the increase of 10hp on a 450+ hp truck to justify this.
  • Guns, we are going to need guns. Old guns, new guns, any kind of gun. There is no limit to the quantity, we just need more of them. Maybe some ammo too.
  • Have to have an RV. Always a new one and huge in size. We will never stop shopping new RVs and will be prepared to upgrade at a moment's notice.
  • We need a boat. Pontoon, speed, bass, house, canoe, jet-ski, it doesn't matter. Maybe two of them and can I tow it behind my ridiculously large RV?
  • ATV, Sled, horse, dirt bike, golf cart. We are going to need off road vehicles. One for every member of the family. I would like to bring these items along with us on vacation, in our ridiculously large RV.
  • Tractors, tractors, tractors. Orange, green, red, blue, they are all good.
  • Pole barns, huge garage, sheds, RV shelters. We need a place to hang out to make our buddies jealous. This place needs to be clean and organized. Having a lift, cable TV, floor drain, nice...
  • We are going to need some land. Lots of land. Could be a second house or at our main house. It will be deemed large enough when, in the middle of winter when the leaves are off the trees, I cannot see, hear, or smell, any of my neighbors.

Many FTE members struggle with "Daddy Brain" and "Grandpa Brain". I'm glad to be a participant in our little FTE support group.

Bruce...

Old 08-07-2018, 09:50 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,005 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Wonder if that's what is described as "Mommy Brain". I don't have any experience in that world and have no comment.

By hanging out here for years, I do know what "Daddy Brain" and "Grandpa Brain" is:
-
-
  • I need a truck. Biggest and most powerful on the market. It has to have every possible factory option on it and then we need to tune, lift , and add crazy huge wheels and tires. Once my truck is perfect, I need to trade that truck in on another new truck and repeat this process as often as possible. I will use the increase of 10hp on a 450+ hp truck to justify this.
  • Guns, we are going to need guns. Old guns, new guns, any kind of gun. There is no limit to the quantity, we just need more of them. Maybe some ammo too.
  • Have to have an RV. Always a new one and huge in size. We will never stop shopping new RVs and will be prepared to upgrade at a moment's notice.
  • We need a boat. Pontoon, speed, bass, house, canoe, jet-ski, it doesn't matter. Maybe two of them and can I tow it behind my ridiculously large RV?
  • ATV, Sled, horse, dirt bike, golf cart. We are going to need off road vehicles. One for every member of the family. I would like to bring these items along with us on vacation, in our ridiculously large RV.
  • Tractors, tractors, tractors. Orange, green, red, blue, they are all good.
  • Pole barns, huge garage, sheds, RV shelters. We need a place to hang out to make our buddies jealous. This place needs to be clean and organized. Having a lift, cable TV, floor drain, nice...
  • We are going to need some land. Lots of land. Could be a second house or at our main house. It will be deemed large enough when, in the middle of winter when the leaves are off the trees, I cannot see, hear, or smell, any of my neighbors.

Many FTE members struggle with "Daddy Brain" and "Grandpa Brain". I'm glad to be a participant in our little FTE support group.

Bruce...

....... Very good Bruce. You are right on the mark......

Old 08-07-2018, 10:29 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,719 Likes on 2,755 Posts
My wife blames the mommy brain for sure. She was a dual major in Computer Science and Math. Smart as can be, salutatorian in high school, full ride in college. Smarter than me, but I fooled her and got a ring on her finger! After two kids, come about 8:30 (pm) I don't even consider trying to have an important conversation with her.

I have Chemo brain. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. My doc said it's a legitimate excuse no matter what my wife says.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:50 PM
System
Prolocutor
So, got ambitious today and decided to install the Hunterworks belt on the General. The OE belt was fine but since I wanted to carry a spare anyways, I figured why not install the better (supposedly) Hunterworks belt and keep the OE as my spare. At first I was a little weary of the new belt as when I looked at it, it seemed the ribs were bigger on the OE vs. the replacement. But after looking further I noticed that the core of the belt was quite a bit thicker and this is where the HD aspect of it comes into play. After installing, I was happy to find that besides being more HD, it also did as promised on clutch engagement. Upshifting and back shifting were both definitely improved. The Hunterworks rollers had already made a big difference in how jumpy the clutch was and this belt took out the second half of that issue. Definitely worth the investment, especially since I wanted to carry a spare anyways.

Next, my lawnmower had been smelling of burnt rubber for a year or so on occasion. I assumed the drive belt was loose and would slip creating heat and that was the source of the smell. When I pulled the deck today, I found the tension spring was just fine but one of the idler pulleys had morphed from a pulley to a guide! The pulley had seized and the belt had started by flat spotting it and had made it's way all the way in to the metal core. I can't believe the belt never snapped. So, up to JD dealer for a new pulley and belt. $40 and a few hours (belt was a bugger to change due to 4 wheel steer) and I was back in business mowing without the burnt smell. I guess all this new mower talk upset the old girl!

Old 08-07-2018, 03:23 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,101 Likes on 2,226 Posts
Wow...I've not seen a pulley get in that bad of shape and the mower deck continue to work! I've had them look way better and snap a belt. Good job finding and fixing the problem.

Old 08-07-2018, 03:26 PM
System
Prolocutor
Thanks man. I still can't believe it's been seized for over a year and the belt never blew! I smelled occasional rubber all last season and through this one too.

Old 08-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Interesting.....

Old 08-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Nice save there Rodney !

Quick Reply: Today is the day........