6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

PREMIUM DIESEL FUEL - FREE SAMPLE

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 04:04 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
It does sound like snake oil to me... Which is why I figured I'll try the $5 bottle first. You know the mechanic (Hewitt) didn't make it, he was just recruited to sell it.

I can't do it up here (too cold). But I could always tell the difference in how the motor ran running Biodiesel (B20) vs. regular diesel... It either gives me some results or it doesn't. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around 1 oz of something effects my fuel that much... It was my turn to be the guinea pig.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:55 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,429 Likes on 1,022 Posts
Originally Posted by Rattler1
Would that be a Southern States co-op?

Yes, here in Frederick.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:31 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
I had to look up whether MD was a Southern State... And found out, it is....

Old 03-27-2015, 07:05 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,043 Likes on 1,613 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakster
I had to look up whether MD was a Southern State... And found out, it is....
What category does D.C. fall in.........??

Dedicated Communist........

Old 03-27-2015, 07:07 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
State of Confusion lately...

Old 03-27-2015, 07:07 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,043 Likes on 1,613 Posts
It does sound like snake oil to me... Which is why I figured I'll try the $5 bottle first. You know the mechanic (Hewitt) didn't make it, he was just recruited to sell it.

I can't do it up here (too cold). But I could always tell the difference in how the motor ran running Biodiesel (B20) vs. regular diesel... It either gives me some results or it doesn't. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around 1 oz of something effects my fuel that much... It was my turn to be the guinea pig.
Let us know on the 1 Page.........

Old 03-27-2015, 07:13 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,429 Likes on 1,022 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
What category does D.C. fall in.........??

Dedicated Communist........

Toilet. and corruption

Old 03-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Let us know on the 1 Page.........
I will. Since right now I am averaging 10.7 mpg won't be hard to now if there is a difference. Not that I am Dodge loud at start-up in the morning, but it is pretty loud.

Hoping a lot of this is winter blend fuel and cold conditions. Getting nice out now - hit 52F today. Of course it is supposed to snow this weekend and next week...

Old 03-27-2015, 08:54 PM
pacnorwest
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I tried the fuel additive a few years ago in my 6.0 diesel and could not discern any difference in mileage. Maybe they changed the product composition.

The Archoil OIL additive is AMAZING when used in the old 6.0 diesel. It WILL quiet a noisy diesel.
However, my 6.0 still had a couple of injectors go bad while using the oil additive - maybe all the injectors would have failed without the additive.
There's no way to know for sure.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:34 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
It isn't the manufacturer that I have an issue with. It is the endorsement, and the incorrect "facts" he likes to throw out there.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:10 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around 1 oz of something effects my fuel that much... It was my turn to be the guinea pig.
Me too. How many ounces are in 26gal? Just one of those thousands of ounces can make that much of a difference?

I am not a chemist, but chemistry is what makes it possible. If they can prove that one ounce of their product can chemically alter all 26 gallons of diesel in such a manner as to raise the amount of energy we can get from it, then okay.

I'd like to see some proof of that.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:20 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
He says his 1 oz sample will treat 80 gallons, so 1 oz of this stuff to 1,280 oz of fuel.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:41 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
I watched the video on his web page and thought he looked familiar right away, but couldn't remember where I had seen him before. A short way into his presentation, I started noticing several inaccuracies in what he was presenting as fact and then I remembered (I think) where I had seen him before. I believe I have seen him do videos before on various Powerstroke engines and components and I recall those presentations to also be full of inaccuracies. My apologies to anyone who may take offense as that is not my intention, but his endorsement of this product doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling and I don't think I will even take him up on his offer for a "free" $5 sample, let alone eventually spending $70+ for a full sized bottle later on.
His previous videos on how bad the 6.7 is is why I didn't even bother to click the play button

Old 03-28-2015, 09:54 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Watching him is good for a laugh though if you know the difference between facts and crap.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:41 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
The stuff as described. its based upon an organometallic catalyst reaction with the diesel fuel that results in cleaner burning and as a result releases a few more BTU's to give more power, thus your 6.7 can run faster jump higher etc.

Their cliam is that it will improve mpg by a max of 5-8%. That will come out to <.5 mpg which is not significant as a drive with a back wind can give far more mpg.

Was working on my Jeep and had my windshield off, doors off and top off. Got a call from an outfit almost on the OK border on I 35, I was in N Ft Worth about 2 miles from I 35. They were closing at noon (Saturday). I said I would leave right away but it would take me almost an hour to get there at noon. They agreed to wait and I jump in my Jeep and neaded N. I typically saw about 15-16 on the highway at 65. I stopped for gas at I 35. Wind direct in my face caused me to hold back the speed and any faster than about 45 began blowing off my sunglasses.

I get there grab my part from the guy who waited for me and headed S with a decent wind at my back. I arrive at my exit and just look at the gas gauge to see how gas I used....WHOAA, needle has not left 'F'...can't be, pull into the same station and topped off, took my mileage off the speedo and did a cal. WTH, 23.7 mpg...what a difference removing all that barn door stuff made.

Point being I can get a .5 mpg gain just by slowing down from my 80 mph drives (80 mph on I 10 just N of me, its 75 mph where I am at)

It works, but save your money and just wear a lighter shoe IMO.

Quick Reply: PREMIUM DIESEL FUEL - FREE SAMPLE