Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Knight (92 F250 4x4) build and whatever thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
White Knight (92 F250 4x4) build and whatever thread

Ok so I figured before this truck starts getting more work done to it I would start a build thread and a whatever we do to the truck thread. This is our only OBS and I am getting use to the few differences between OBS and bricknose that I am use to on our 6 bricknose trucks.

First off the truck is a 92 F250 4x4 351W E4OD 4.10LS custom package reg cab long bed truck. The truck is mostly going to be back up work truck for the 89 F250 but I also plan to use it on the trails around her and do some light off-roading with it now that I traded the Bronco II for the parts truck for this. I also want it to be capable of recovery of the other trucks or people that get stuck around here. I hope to keep it in good shape but a few scratches and dings are planned to happen so it isn't going to have a pretty paint job. Most things will be functional but still look good.

So secondly, the truck was originally owned by the recently job killing closed paper mill around here. It was used to haul the light loads however it was used as back up when the other trucks would break or they couldn't get somewhere.
Well it ended up being used by some of the lets say not best trusted around here workers and they parked it (drunk and didn't really care) by the train tracks just so happened that it was around the time that the train came and it ended up getting side swep taking out the bed, cab, door, and most of the front clip however didn't hurt the frame at all and barely missed the wheels from ruining the TTB.
The mill ended up selling it to a buddy of mine who traded it a few days later (he flips cars) for another few trucks (one of which I got) to another buddy of mine who drove the truck as is for a few years till he had some engine troubles with it and ended up parking it and driving his current truck. That buddy beat it up pretty good all he did was basic maintenance and stuck the white spoke wheels it has now on it. Otherwise it was pure wood hauling daily driving beater like most his trucks.

Well dad really wanted another OBS but wasn't willing to pay the outrageous (in our opinion) prices they were asking around here so he picked it up for $200 telling me to ignore the wrecked part and just help him fix it like we did on the 89 F250.

Well being the lover of these old ford trucks I got talked into helping him just like my mom and any puppy or kitten. LOL

The first part was to figure out what is wrong with the engine. Well pulled the starter out as originally I had a starter sieze up a engine on another truck. Well I got the engine to turn just a bit then I stopped figuring that was enough.

Well being an idiot at the time and not completely knowing how an engine works I found out I need to turn the engine a completely over.
Well went back out their and no luck engine is completely seized.

Ticked off a bit but not really caring dad decided to look for a parts truck.

Fast forward recently to where dad traded his beloved beater/trail truck of a bronco II for a 90 F150, 95 F250, and 93 town car none of which in very good shape but he mostly wanted the 95 F250 for the 92 F250. He didn't want to fix the 95 as it is 2wd and we prefer 4x4s. Well found out a little later we got partially screwed on the deal (didn't get everything we were told). Engine had a blown freeze plug, dash was falling out, and more I can't think of now.

So the post doesn't get to long I will leave this here and write the next post.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:12 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend

So the plan is this now:
Find out if the roller 351 in the 95 runs or not. If it runs put new oil pan gasket on it, all the electronics from the 92 on it, maybe delete the smog system (not needed here), and check it over for anything it may need.
If it doesn't run rebuild which ever engine is rebuild able preferably the roller 351.

Put the cab and clip off the 95 F250 on the 92 F250 so that we have a straight cab and mostly straight clip.

Put the exhaust system off the 95 F250 on the 92 F250 (backroads that my buddy traveled tore up the exhaust on the 92).

Put the front tank from the 95 in the 92.

Pull the flares I have on the 92 off and put it on the 95s clip.

put the 92s interior in the 95 along with computer and such (92s is in good shape)

paint bumpers, grille, headlight surrounds, and frame all black.

Paint lower part of cab black. (rattle can all).

Trade the chrome mirrors for the mirrors on my 88 that are black.

Stock radio back in with rear speakers.

Get a new windshield.

strip the chrome off my brush guard I have for it and paint it black.

maybe paint the wheels black.

Later on:
black with clear lens headlights
smoke the tail lights
winch bumper
RSK and D60 swap
35s-37s
lights on the headache rack
install mesh I have in the headache rack.
spray in liner the flares, bumpers, bed, and lower part of the cab for ruggedness.
exhaust system with headers
remove cat and stock muffler replace with thrush packs.
ZF5 swap
billet grille with stock grille surround
anything to make it better towing and more reliable off road along with any recovery things I will need.

Things I have done to the truck so far:
removed old bed and put my custom built (by previous owner) flat bed.
Picked up some lund fender flares and installed them.
put on the new fender that came with the truck.
painted the frame from bed back.
pressure washed the entire truck when cab comes off will do it again.
welded bumper brackets
and got rid of broken starter.

Anyways here are the pics I have of it so far. Will have to get more pics when the photobucket is working better along with of the parts truck.
Trav

Old 03-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend

First two are of it with the flatbed.

Next pic is of similar I want it to look like minus the cheap headlights, window vents, and different wheels. I do like the cowl hood, stance and such though. Of course it will still be black and white though.

Next two pics are of the 92 after taking the bed off and painting the frame and finding out the entire brake system is shot.
The red on the hubs is not staying it was just to get rid of some rust till I could get some black paint.

The last two pics are of the parts truck. It does have a dent in the left fender but the fender flare will cover it.

I also hope to install a tach cluster, and pillar gauge set.
let me know what y'all think.
Trav

Old 03-10-2015, 01:02 PM
85F350IDI
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely gonna subscribe to this thread, I'm liking already!
P.S. PICS PICS PICS!!!!

Old 03-10-2015, 01:42 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
thanks.
I will try to take a lot more pics when we get started more on the truck. Right now I am hoping to get the roller 351 running. Once I hear it running and it is good I can move the truck to the back and will start on the cab swap and engine swap.

Forgot to mention the new cab will have a third brake light that hopefully will clear the headache rack (hopefully the headache rack is high enough that I can see it).

Noticed I didn't put some of the specs on the 92:
D50 TTB with no sway bar (sway bar was just hanging their so I pulled it off) and new seals and a newer set of stock ford replacement hubs (buddy who owned it before me put them on)
Sterling 10.25 with recent rear seals
BW1356 transfer case with new chain and this kit from bronco graveyard:
Pump Kit for BW 1356 Transfer Case-Broncograveyard.com
passenger door has rod style from 87-91 trucks door mechanisms and I plan to swap the rod style into the new doors since I hate the cable style.
truck surprisingly for a custom has cruise (my 88 F150 custom doesn't).
Tan interior (my favorite other then gray on 92-96s)
Bed has a gooseneck hitch and I have to make a cover for it
All new moog ball joints, tie rod ends, and dust boots along with new pitman arm and steering gear box.

Most of that work done was by the mill I believe as buddy I doubt did it.

Also planning on making some custom mud flaps from some conveyor belt stuff I have (I believe I at least need that for legal reasons only reason I didn't have to on the 89 was it has tool boxes back there).
I believe that is all but I may add more once I find out more.
Trav

Old 03-10-2015, 08:02 PM
fordboy97
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subscribed! Sounds like a ford, hit it with a train and its still better than a chevee

Old 09-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Well long time since updating this but plans changed big time.

I ended up deciding to fix the 95 to have another driver for work.

So I picked up a 80 F350 cab that I need to modify the firewall to work for the 92 stuff.

I also picked up a 351W for free spent $40 to have it honed to clean it up and going to put it back together to have a good engine for the 92. Going to probably have to buy rings for it but other then that it has a brand new cam in it and lifters. The engine was recently rebuilt but sat so the engine needs some TLC.
Trav