Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

It's almost Spring - March BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 07:12 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good evening fellas!

I was off today and got some stuff off my list. I changed the oil, front and rear differentials and tranny fluid in the Ranger. It is recommended by Polaris at 100hrs. I can't believe I only have 760 miles on that thing. Might go up this summer!
I also got the lawn mower out and changed oil and air filter. I tried to fix the hood until I can get a replacement. Gotta love zip ties!

Old 03-13-2015, 07:13 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took my truck out the other day and today! Awwww I love the smell of diesel!

Old 03-13-2015, 08:01 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
A hood fixed with zip ties? Is the mower a polaris???

Old 03-13-2015, 08:02 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now need to make it fast!!!

Old 03-13-2015, 08:11 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HP junkie
Good evening fellas!

I was off today and got some stuff off my list. I changed the oil, front and rear differentials and tranny fluid in the Ranger. It is recommended by Polaris at 100hrs. I can't believe I only have 760 miles on that thing. Might go up this summer!
I also got the lawn mower out and changed oil and air filter. I tried to fix the hood until I can get a replacement. Gotta love zip ties!
About time you get something done on your day off!

Originally Posted by dlibson
Now need to make it fast!!!
Heck yeah!

Old 03-13-2015, 08:22 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Good evening boys.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:26 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselCamper01
Good evening boys.
Hello Jay.

tgif

Old 03-13-2015, 08:42 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No doubt. Long week.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:17 AM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Good morning MN!

Awake way too early for a weekend. Maybe a nap will be in order later on! Haha. I doubt that will happen.

Old 03-14-2015, 07:32 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
GOOOOOOOOOD MORNING MINNESOTAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

Gotta love Sunny Saturdays!!!!!

Coffee and bagels for now - maybe some flap-jacks if I talk to her real nice...

Old 03-14-2015, 07:42 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by dlibson
Well Randy, it's good stuff Airlift is. Just put the bags on mine and will be doing a compressor as well.

I wouldn't mind had they not told you, but since they did I do mind that part. Reality these days is that if it says made in USA, it's likely not. Still all overseas components, and only one thing has to be assembled here to be made in the USA. Even if it is just putting the label on...
I've had Air Lift bags years ago and they really worked well... Would I have bought this system knowing that some major parts were made in China? Possibly - but only after exhausting all other potential avenues..

Originally Posted by fordpower88
I agree it sucks that they told you it was made in the USA and then you find that part of it was made in China. Would I return it all to over that. Nope.....Unfortunately you returning that due to that is going to change nothing. Be a PITA for you having to return all that stuff to reorder from a different company. My suggestion would be go stomp it off in the corner have a beer and install it on your truck and life goes on. I just ordered the same kit without the compressor myself. Looks like a great well built kit. I plan to do the compressor but that will be down the road someday.
It would be a pain to return it all... At this point, I am writing a letter to Air-Lift and tell them what happened and that they advertised MADE IN USA (on the Amazon ad)as well as their guy in Customer Service telling me that they were all made in ther shop, right outside his door in Michigan... That was an outrught lie..

Originally Posted by wildstang
1-800-lawyer
I'm just not a lawyer guy I guess...

-----

So thanks guys... Good counsel and I feel better... Hopefully this kit all goes together well....

Old 03-14-2015, 07:52 AM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Good morning Randy! Well hopefully you get some sort of response from them. Good luck!

Old 03-14-2015, 07:58 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Got a call from my son Jake last night - really upset right after he was in a wreck with his PT Cruiser. Seems someone swerved across a couple lanes which caused a panic stop. In front of the car ahead of him. Jake could not stop fast enough and rear-ended the guy in front of him... Air-bags went off and the front end of the car is pretty screwed up..
The guy in front bailed out of his car grabbing his neck and screaming that his back hurt - and that really got Jake upset even more that he had hurt someone... The police and ambulance arrived. The guy was in the ambumlance for about 15 min and then hopped out like nothing happened... The cop said it was mandatory that the cars be impounded (beats me why) and then they left, the wrecker left and the ambulance left. Jake and the other guy were left standing on the corner right outside of Holy Cross Catholic Church on University and 17th ave NE.. My sister was able to go get him and then take him to the impound lot where they let him retrieve his work computer and a couple other things.. Neither the cop or the towtruck driver would let him take anything other than his coat from the car before they left him there...
I have a feeling that Jake has not heard the last of the guy that he hit.. While he has full coverage insurance, He can't afford even the deductible right now...
I'd sure like to understand why the car had to be impounded. It would still run and could have been driven to the side of the road to wait for AAA wrecker or...
Oh he did get a ticket for not having his current insurance paperwork in the car. Well, it was in the car, but when the passenger side airbag went off, it blew up the glove box and everything was ejected into the car and it's probably under the passenger seat or something..

Old 03-14-2015, 08:19 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
Geez Randy, that sucks. MPLS does impound like that, simply for the funds...

I'm sure the guy in front was fine, but like you said probably gonna be more going. His car will total I'm sure, if you need assistance with the insurance stuff let me know, done plenty dealing with that over time. Got an insurance company up over $3000 on my last totaled truck, and know the rules they need to follow.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Thanks Dave... I just talked with him this morning and it sounds like he has already contacted the insurance company and filed a claim. He said that they were going to remove the car from the impound lot and put it elsewhere (??? Where ???) for the Claims Adjuster to look it over.
Other than a couple rust holes in the rocker panels and a ding in the driver's door - the car was in good shape and was only at about 100k miles.
When I owned the car, it was always serviced every 2500-3000 miles and generally with synthetic oil etc..
It did need brakes and rear shocks. I had just replaced the entire front end at 85k with the best Monroe struts, new lower control arms with balljoints, new tie rods, etc.. Oh yeah, the radiator was new at 75k.. That's for sure shot now...
---
One thing that seems odd to me is -
Why did the passenger air bag go off when there was no weight in the seat?

Quick Reply: It's almost Spring - March BS Thread