amsoil

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 10:12 AM
kardar2
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amsoil

Hello, All
a couple of guys at work are talking about this Amseoil and talking how great it is. I said I never heard of it. They say it been around for years but you can't buy it stores. They said it is expensive but you have to change your oil as often. So what are your thoughts on this. Thanks Karl

Old 02-28-2015, 09:44 PM
pawpaw
Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
Welcome to FTE.
The search function is your friend. Here is a link to a 61 page thread dedicated to the subject, that you might find informative. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...l-anomaly.html

Old 03-09-2015, 10:00 AM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Welcome to FTE. Many people have lived very happy lives and gotten very long service out of their vehicles without ever having heard of Amsoil.

I use the recommended Motorcraft oil in my Fords and it works wonderfully.

George

Old 03-17-2015, 12:06 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
The way that Amsoil is marketed is an important factor here. There are very few people who sing it's praises who aren't financially incentivized to do so.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:45 PM
Pipes p
New User
Originally Posted by seventyseven250
The way that Amsoil is marketed is an important factor here. There are very few people who sing it's praises who aren't financially incentivized to do so.
Im not "financially incentivized" to do so, but I sing its praises! I've never sold a liter of amsoil or any of its products in the 24 yrs I've been using it in a variety of vehicles I've owned having its products throughout the drive trains of most incl its oil filters. NOT ONE ISSUE OF ANY KIND! And I've never held a gun to anyone's head and forced them to use amsoil neither! Do the research and make your own conclusions. There are many oils out there that will do the job well, I chose this one. I certainly have never regretted it.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:10 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Pipes p
Im not "financially incentivized" to do so, but I sing its praises! I've never sold a liter of amsoil or any of its products in the 24 yrs I've been using it in a variety of vehicles I've owned having its products throughout the drive trains of most incl its oil filters. NOT ONE ISSUE OF ANY KIND! And I've never held a gun to anyone's head and forced them to use amsoil neither! Do the research and make your own conclusions. There are many oils out there that will do the job well, I chose this one. I certainly have never regretted it.
Old thread.

There are numerous Ford Truck owners on this forum with over a million miles on their original engines. None of them use Amsoil or hyped oil with purple food coloring in it, etc...

Modern SN rated motor oils are all very good and they work. Motorcraft syn blend oil in particular is excellent and I take my van to the dealer for my changes for my convenience so that's what I get. Use what you want.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:24 PM
Pipes p
New User
Originally Posted by YoGeorge
Old thread.

There are numerous Ford Truck owners on this forum with over a million miles on their original engines. None of them use Amsoil or hyped oil with purple food coloring in it, etc...

Modern SN rated motor oils are all very good and they work. Motorcraft syn blend oil in particular is excellent and I take my van to the dealer for my changes for my convenience so that's what I get. Use what you want.
Excellent! You use something different then me ,yet has worked just as well. I should have left it it alone, just tired of the pyramid scheme, overhyped,snake oil comments. It the choice I made with no regrets. We are both saying we are happy with our oils. Excellent!

Old 11-14-2015, 03:47 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Pipes p
Excellent! You use something different then me ,yet has worked just as well. I should have left it it alone, just tired of the pyramid scheme, overhyped,snake oil comments. It the choice I made with no regrets. We are both saying we are happy with our oils. Excellent!
If you are tired of these comments, perhaps your energy would be best utilized asking Amsoil evangelists who hype and try to sell their product on every vehicle forum to not do so... They have brought resentment of their product to many people thru their actions.

Welcome to FTE; it's a great forum with a lot of people who have great depths of knowledge.

George

Old 11-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Pipes p
New User
Thx yogeorge, I hear you, I don't mind opinions, but your right, I've come across the amsoil vendors on other forums vw, gm, etc depending on vehicles I've owned, that could be very obnoxious, some are there and wait for you to come to them and won't bother you unless you needed their specific brand of products. Sorry, was not trying to start anything. Lol. I'm here to learn. ��

Old 11-14-2015, 04:12 PM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 250 Likes on 177 Posts
I think an important factor is changing the oil frequently to flush out the crud that gathers in the oil......plus oil viscosity breaks down over time.
I use Mobil 1 in my cars, trucks, boats etc.
Is Mobil 1 any better than Motorcraft or Amsoil....probably not....it is just what I use, and readily available at Walmart for a reasonable cost.
I have never had an oil related engine failure.....and I doubt that many here have had an oil related engine failure.
I change the oil when the oil life monitor says about 50% oil life left.
Very unlikelythat Amsoil is better than any regular oil that probably 99% of us use.
There is my 2 cents on the topic.

Old 11-14-2015, 05:44 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Congratulations on being one of the "very few" that I mentioned. However, the fact that you dug up this thread, which wasn't on the front page, kind of speaks to the attitudes that bother me.
I have no opinion on the quality of the Amsoil product, and I am happy you have seen no issues using it over the years. However, what I do question is the value it provides over one of the many available SAE certified products from local retailers.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:42 PM
Pipes p
New User
Ok, amsoil is crap. Hope it makes your day. It's still going to be my oil of CHOICE though. It's my first day on this site, came across this thread, responded! How dare I , I'm a newbie! Tell you what, this will be my last post on this particular thread, please respond so you can have the last word......��

Old 11-14-2015, 07:08 PM
Pipes p
New User
Congratulations on being one of the "very few" that I mentioned. However, the fact that you dug up this thread, which wasn't on the front page, kind of speaks to the attitudes that bother me.
I have no opinion on the quality of the Amsoil product, and I am happy you have seen no issues using it over the years. However, what I do question is the value it provides over one of the many available SAE certified products from local retailers.
Look, when I was looking for a synthetic back in the day, the first one I tried was Mobil 1 in a Porsche 911, it sludged on me. Next was the a****l ( I dare not use the whole word) It did wonderful. Now if I want to CHOOSE this oil that has done me well with countless vehicles, regardless of what other oil is available to me, or the price of the oil that shall not be named,question the value all you like, I'm still using it if you can see fit to overlook my foolishness for doing so! If not, kick me off now. I despise close minded attitudes. 😶

Old 11-14-2015, 08:01 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Hey pipes, don't let me get ya down, this is a great site, stick around and you will see that.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:16 PM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 250 Likes on 177 Posts
Hi

Hey pipes, don't let me get ya down, this is a great site, stick around and you will see that.
You sir are correct !!! ☺☺☺

Quick Reply: amsoil