Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE! THE EPIC APOC BUYING OF THE EXCURSION OF ALL TIMES THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 07:41 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
This is exciting! I don't know why but it is becoming the most exciting X purchase ever on FTE!

Personally I only take cash for vehicles as well, I also only pay in cash. Cash makes all parties more at ease and many many times can get you a much better deal on whatever it is you are buying. Waving cash in peoples faces makes them do things they normally wouldn't do.

I've been screwed once by some guy living in Cape corral florida so I naturally avoid everything florida now. lol

Old 02-18-2015, 07:43 AM
BEARDOWN
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope the rest of the transaction goes smooth. looks like a nice truck.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:45 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
On the phone with USAA right now and looks like the funds are going into my account as we speak I go to FL and hit up my Chase bank, write a check and BAM cashola! "Living Medium" is purchased!

Old 02-18-2015, 08:00 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
This is exciting! I don't know why but it is becoming the most exciting X purchase ever on FTE!

I've been screwed once by some guy living in Cape corral florida so I naturally avoid everything florida now. lol
Exactly, I feel like even though this EX is being paid for by APOC the EX really belongs to FTE! Lol

Old 02-18-2015, 08:03 AM
PSUhoss
Senior User
Apoc - If you run into a jam on the cash, please let me know. I might be able to help you out.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:27 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by PSUhoss
Apoc - If you run into a jam on the cash, please let me know. I might be able to help you out.
I really appreciate it but I think I've got it worked out finally The guy at USAA I talked to was super nice too, he pulled up the vehicle info and got me a quote for a secured loan on the truck for once I get it too. They value the truck at 13k so once I get it in my name and titled I can take out the loan, pay off the personal loan and use the rest to pay off my last 2 credit cards and my wifes last student loan! He said my APR would be close to 7% instead of the 17% Discover is charging

This vehicle will be doing more good for our family than just getting us a better vehicle... I had no idea how far the ripples would travel.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:34 AM
JuanHuevos
I'm still around...mostly
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
I really appreciate it but I think I've got it worked out finally The guy at USAA I talked to was super nice too, he pulled up the vehicle info and got me a quote for a secured loan on the truck for once I get it too. They value the truck at 13k so once I get it in my name and titled I can take out the loan, pay off the personal loan and use the rest to pay off my last 2 credit cards and my wifes last student loan! He said my APR would be close to 7% instead of the 17% Discover is charging This vehicle will be doing more good for our family than just getting us a better vehicle... I had no idea how far the ripples would travel.
You gotta love USAA. I had to do something similar with my Ex purchase and they made it easy.
And I agree with everyone else, this is like the most exciting purchase ever lol. Apoc you gotta take lots of picture to chronicle your adventure!

Old 02-18-2015, 08:35 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by JuanHuevos
You gotta love USAA. I had to do something similar with my Ex purchase and they made it easy.
And I agree with everyone else, this is like the most exciting purchase ever lol. Apoc you gotta take lots of picture to chronicle your adventure!
Oh yes. I just have to find a name for the X now is all. If we don't soon "Living Medium" will start to set in...

Old 02-18-2015, 08:37 AM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by JuanHuevos
USAA doesn't really have branches around. Any that there are are by military bases. The idea of taking the check to his bank is a good one tho.
USAA doesn't have a lot of branches, but they do have a few here and there. Not necessarily always near a military base. Also, call USAA and speak to a rep. They have many other ways of getting things done through other banks, including large cash withdrawals.

If it's a cashiers check, it's the same as cash or at least that's how banks treat them.
This is NOT true. If you deposit a cashier's check into an account, it will not clear for 24 hours. This is true at every bank. A cashier's check can be canceled after it's issued, so banks will always wait 24 hours for the check to clear before making the funds available to you.

Also, the bit about using the tags for your current Excursion on the new one is a HORRIBLE idea. In some states you will go to jail if you're caught, disabled veteran plates or not. In other states they will confiscate your plates on the spot. I had this happen to a friend. Many police vehicles today are equipped with technology that scans the license plates of surrounding traffic, and compares the license plate with the profile and perhaps color of the vehicle - I'm not sure exactly how it works. If there is a discrepancy, the officer is alerted. It isn't worth the risk. Get a temporary tag for it from VA before you leave.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:40 AM
NCTunanut
Senior User
If you're coming up 77 in NC and get off @ exit 23, I'll buy you lunch. You'll be 3 hrs from home when you get here. Good luck on your trip.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:51 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by andym
Also, the bit about using the tags for your current Excursion on the new one is a HORRIBLE idea. In some states you will go to jail if you're caught, disabled veteran plates or not. In other states they will confiscate your plates on the spot. I had this happen to a friend. Many police vehicles today are equipped with technology that scans the license plates of surrounding traffic, and compares the license plate with the profile and perhaps color of the vehicle - I'm not sure exactly how it works. If there is a discrepancy, the officer is alerted. It isn't worth the risk. Get a temporary tag for it from VA before you leave.
Most police have this now actually, but unless one has it on and gets behind me on the interstate it won't be an issue. I will still be stopping by the DMV for a temp tag though if they'll let me, they're only like $5

Old 02-18-2015, 08:58 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,139 Likes on 564 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker

Personally I only take cash for vehicles as well, I also only pay in cash. Cash makes all parties more at ease and many many times can get you a much better deal on whatever it is you are buying. Waving cash in peoples faces makes them do things they normally wouldn't do.

So I'm lying in bed waking up this morning and the first thing I think about is this little adventure. You have infected us all Apoc, hopefully it all goes to plan.

BTW, I'd want cash too.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:08 AM
stpete
Senior User
Originally Posted by andym
Also, the bit about using the tags for your current Excursion on the new one is a HORRIBLE idea. .... Get a temporary tag for it from VA before you leave.
Apoc, try this:

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/dmvnet/...rmit/intro.asp

Old 02-18-2015, 09:12 AM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by ExxWhy
BTW, I'd want cash too.
Forgot to add that. If I'm selling a vehicle and you want to pay with a cashier's check, you better get comfy because you're not going anywhere with the vehicle or the title until the check clears.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:20 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by stpete
Best $5 I ever spent Thanks for the link!!!

Quick Reply: AND THEN THERE WAS ONE! THE EPIC APOC BUYING OF THE EXCURSION OF ALL TIMES THREAD!!!