Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE! THE EPIC APOC BUYING OF THE EXCURSION OF ALL TIMES THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 08:05 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FordxFour
I think that the 03' has been swimming a few times...lol. Also notice the front lower valance and new exhaust.
I thought the same thing, but it's close enough to me that's it's no big deal. Not far from there is a great little cuban coffee place I'll be stopping in by the way I don't have to go to the Bahamas anymore for a good cuban cigar lol

Old 02-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
I thought the same thing, but it's close enough to me that's it's no big deal. Not far from there is a great little cuban coffee place I'll be stopping in by the way I don't have to go to the Bahamas anymore for a good cuban cigar lol
I don't know... I like it but I don't think it's going to be up to spec. I tried calling earlier and the phone system just rang and then hung up on me. I think the seats might have been painted (we used to do that back in Jacksonville with used cars from the auction) and it's missing the floormats (I could care less, I'll pony up the money for some husky mats) and the mirror adjustment cover (again I could care less, I'll just buy one off eBay for $5). It does have the power pedals which is a HUGE plus for the wife and it's black so... need I say more?

Also it would need an 05 front end swap but for the right price I could buy the correct parts to do it and re-use my OEM 05 grill.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:56 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If someone wouldn't take the 2 minutes to rinse the truck off after having it dunked in salt water, I wonder how the other maintenance/care was. The rear end always gets washed on mine after launching the boat.

Also, other things could be rotten other than just the bumper. Dealing with rust after it has started is a lot harder than preventing it on a rust free truck.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:19 PM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, I know you're not crazy about white...It does look clean though. Just a little paint popped off the rear door hinges.

Ford 4WD Auto. Excursion Limited

Old 02-19-2015, 10:09 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by FordxFour
Yea, I know you're not crazy about white...It does look clean though. Just a little paint popped off the rear door hinges.

Ford 4WD Auto. Excursion Limited
I keep seeing that one (they have like 3 different ads) and it's not bad but there are 4 things wrong with it.

1. No one is here to make sure I'm not buying it because it's here and not because it's an awesome truck.

2. Not equipped the way I want (1-2 things is fine, but this has none)

3. The year model. I don't mind an earlier model but unless Michael or Stewart (sorry Mark and Matt) personally sign off on it I'm not getting anything older than an 03'.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
by the way I don't have to go to the Bahamas anymore for a good cuban cigar lol
Has the cost gone up/down or the quality gone up/down since the embargo was lifted? Is there really that much of a difference, having never smoked I have no idea I smoked a pipe for a few months years ago when my grandfather gave me his old collection but it just wasn't for me. I loved the smell, but it made my teeth hurt Plus it's hard to keep a pipe lit and then it became a hipster thing and then I was totally done. Hipsters ruin EVERYTHING

Old 02-19-2015, 11:40 PM
1 Excursion camper
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK, since Apoc didn`t get his X, I figured someone should post a Pic of something they bought. I picked up this..........

A 97 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with 108k miles, for $500!!! it needs a few things. a RF lower B/J (done tonite), valve cover gaskets (done the pass side tonite). cleaned up the interior during the week. it needs rear brakes (pads). has a drivers side cat code failure, (I`ll do that in a few weeks). I`ll detail it this weekend. I would love to have a Marauder, but this will hold me until then. I may flip it and look for a late 80`s/early-mid 90`s mustang 5.0/4.6L.

Good luck Apoc!

Old 02-19-2015, 11:47 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by 1 Excursion camper
OK, since Apoc didn`t get his X, I figured someone should post a Pic of something they bought. I picked up this..........
Good luck Apoc!

Old 02-19-2015, 11:58 PM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd drive that car till the wheels fell off. Nice Ride!

Old 02-20-2015, 12:35 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Old 02-20-2015, 04:13 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross
...that's a nice looking rig!
Look closer at the pics.

You are correct, I'll go take a look at it in the am...
30 seconds. Two minutes tops before you walk away without needing to say a word to anyone.

Stewart

Old 02-20-2015, 05:43 AM
KY60
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Apoc, nothing here, none at the Ft. Rucker Lemon Lot, 1 beat up 2wd in Enterprise, and 1 beat up 2wd at the Dothan lemon lot, Bondys, had a nice 03, 6.0 4X4 with 62k on it asking 22K and it sold last week. Oh and 1 beat 4X4 on craigslist. Don't worry it will happen, especially since you have the South Florida connections.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:01 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Apoc, theres a black one for sale near me. Its at a collision shop. I'll stop for info today on the way home.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:57 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
I keep seeing that one (they have like 3 different ads) and it's not bad but there are 4 things wrong with it.

1. No one is here to make sure I'm not buying it because it's here and not because it's an awesome truck.

2. Not equipped the way I want (1-2 things is fine, but this has none)

3. The year model. I don't mind an earlier model but unless Michael or Stewart (sorry Mark and Matt) personally sign off on it I'm not getting anything older than an 03'.
No offense taken. It's a personal preference.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:24 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by mecdac
No offense taken. It's a personal preference.
If it were a diesel I was looking at it would be different, but going after a 6.8 it's a whole different thing. Plus, look at the stuff he's finding! The "trash" he finds is better than the actual "gems" I have up here! It would be worth it for me to tow a second 3k one back to resell for 5-6 honestly. That EB might be crap to us, but up here that might actually be a 10k truck. If it could be had for 5k and wasn't all rusted out bringing it back to resell wouldn't be a half bad idea.

Quick Reply: AND THEN THERE WAS ONE! THE EPIC APOC BUYING OF THE EXCURSION OF ALL TIMES THREAD!!!