2014+ Transit 2014+ full size Ford Transit Van, Wagon, Cutaway and Chassis-Cab

Removable seating?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 03:37 PM
LetzRoll
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removable seating?

I am looking to buy a new transit wagon and was wondering if any owners could help me with a seating question. I know the last row of seats come out with the quick release handles , but what about the other seats that are not equipped with QR ,can they be removed without the mounts left sticking up out of the floor ?any info on this would be really appreciated , as the dealers do not seem to have any answers. I would love to be able to reconfigure my seating as needed ,and have a flush usable floor space .... Not just the last row ?

Old 02-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I had the same question, and I'm in sales!

here is what I found as a solution:
The seat mounts are the same, just the forward seats do not have the pull handles. I was unable to find the handles in the parts catalogs as independent parts to simply add them, however, all the holes are in place so one could eventually acquire a collection of these handles, or maybe Ford will start offering them to add to the seats. In the mean time, I made my own tool to remove the seats that is very simple. I got a 1/4" steel rod from HD and cut it into thirds. I bent it with pliers to a triangle handle with about a 4" extension and then at the bottom I bent out maybe 1/2" at 90* as a hook. If you push this down by the rear seat latch you can slide the hook into the holes where the handle would attach. Then pull to release the spring loaded hook. I needed to make three as some seats are on three legs, so for these you would probably want two people. It's not the greatest solution, but it does work pretty well and some of the seats could be moved to other configurations. I still feel like there is probably a better way but I didn't find it in parts department or reading product guide or owners manual. I'll feel silly when I find out the real way!

Old 09-20-2017, 11:15 PM
NS70250
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Transit Seating Arrangements

A bit of a bump for an old thread...

I'm looking to buy a 2018 and would be very interested in being able to switch the seats around. Has anyone had any more luck/news to share?

Old 06-22-2018, 12:11 PM
myseven
New User
I have a 2016 Ford Transit 150 Passenger van with Bench Seats. (Medium Roof -3.5 EcoBoost)

I need to now have captain chairs in the rear, to carry tandem mountain bike between the seats. Bike is 10 feet long. I have seat taken out 18 years ago (NEW-in storage) from a Chevy Express Van, Conversion by Gladiator vans. These are Quick Release system seats.The seat tag says; Lexington, these are four Captain Leather Chairs with are Quick Release system. I want to mount these in my Ford Transit 150 Passenger Van - Remove the rear bench seats. Replace with the leather captain chairs. I will need to purchase the rear floor seat rails to allow the captain chairs to be removed easy, as is possible on the old chevy-One Lever release. I find Gladiator Vans is out of business. I need the floor brackets,"rails" to remove the seats with the sub frame. Modification I need to do to my present 2016 Ford Transit 150 Passenger van to accept the Quick Release system seats rails?

Thanks for help

Hope this is the right area top post? ( My first day at this site)

Old 08-24-2019, 08:30 PM
zarmo
Junior User
I recently Purchased a used 2018 T-150 passenger wagon.style van. It was a 10 seated van. I am using it for a newer wheelchair van. I had to removed all the mid seats per the wheelchair conversion company and they all had quick releases except the one right side single seat. It needed a 20 mm Torx or Allen wrench to pull out the one anchor bolt. I had to sent the van to the vendor with that seat in it as I had not the proper tool to remove it.
I do need to sell these seats if anyone needs them. pictures available

Old 12-10-2020, 02:35 PM
niomarvin83
Trailering
Hi, you can try the Ford Transit T350. You can look at the wall work truck there you can easily remove rows of seats without much effort. There are many videos on YouTube to see if this can help you. In general, it is not so much and many models are designed to be combined or seats or loads) But I hope you like it all unscrewed easily with ordinary tools and hidden under the soft floor.

Old 12-10-2020, 03:49 PM
zarmo
Junior User
Originally Posted by niomarvin83
Hi, you can try the Ford Transit T350. You can look at the wall work truck there you can easily remove rows of seats without much effort. There are many videos on YouTube to see if this can help you. In general, it is not so much and many models are designed to be combined or seats or loads) But I hope you like it all unscrewed easily with ordinary tools and hidden under the soft floor.
Thank you for your response. I had the conversion company take that seat out. and they returned it when the conversion was done 6 months later. but they did not return the floor rails for the other seats I removed. so I am still trying to get them back as I cannot sell the seats without them. Its been a year next week since I got the van back.