1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

1980 F100 flareside

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts
1980 F100 flareside

Ok guys, looking at an 1980 F100 flareside. In decent condition.
NO MOTOR NO TRANS was a 6cyl w C6

her is the guys ad. What would you say it is worth?
I have a 429 ready to drop in it.

I really don't want to sell my truck, but it's been sitting, and I'm probably not going to get to it for another year or so and she deserves better... So here is my 1980 Ford F100 Custom trim Flareside pickup truck with about 150k on it (odometer stopped working just before I parked it). No drive-train installed. Originally a 300 six backed by a C6. Was setting it up for a big block Ford. See bottom of ad...

Color is Ford Light Canyon Red, code 2A if I recall correctly. Front clip is in great shape but needs paint (clear peeling). Newer headlight bezels, and clear markers (1980 only). Bed is in great shape, nice and solid... not the typical lace curtains normally found on these years. Nice tailgate, beautiful chrome rear bumper. The cab needs firewall repair at the seams, A-pillars, drip rails, and dog legs. Good floor pans, and good roof and underside. Windshield trim is in decent shape but not currently on. Bed needs new wood. Very little if any dents or dings anywhere on the body excepting the doors. Doors are completely shot at the seams and dented. Pristine passenger door shell included. Frame is good. This is an F100 "HD"; it was factory built with an F150 suspension, so it has manual discs and drums, power steering, and 5x5.5 Ford truck rim pattern. King pin front end (1980 only). It has a 2.47 limited slip 9 inch rear. Is non-a/c currently. It has Rancho shocks, F250 sway bar, and 90s Factory Ford Alcoa rims in fantastic shape with Pirelli Scorpion ATRs mounted; tires have less then 5k miles on them. Has a new fuel tank and Dennis Carpenter fuel sending unit in it with new straps. Dash harness is there, engine harness is not, so whatever engine you put in this you will need the Duraspark II harness to plug into the dash. Was equipped with a tachometer cluster with full gauges, all working. Decent carpet. Great bench seat (desert tan). Interior picture above is when everything was installed. The partial list of parts that goes with it...

- Extremely rare LH & RH factory black XLT Lariat door panels with rosewood trim and chrome
- Extremely rare dash pad in black (not a cover, an original un-cracked pad)
- Two dash boards, the original (desert tan), and a Dealer A/C dash (red)
- Extra vent window assemblies
- '84-86 Grille in Chrome
- Any possible interior trim panel you could think of for an XLT/Lariat
- Extremely rare Rosewood dash cluster bezel in amazing shape with vents and fog-light switch provision
- Extremely rare fog-light switch, new in box
- Extremely rare radio bezel with factory Clock provision
- Factory clock w/harness pigtail
- Extremely rare extra 1980 only factory tachometer cluster w/green circuit board and gear indicator.
- Spare temp/oil/fuel/charge gauges
- Speedometer for parts
- Extra Flareside tailgate in decent shape
- Headliner board (needs recovering)
- Original '80 steel rims and hubcaps
- Rare Dealer installed cruise control setup with switches, stalk, harness, and module
- AM/FM Cassette Radio
- Pair of NOS chrome door handles
- Chrome dash *****
- Complete A/C heater box with duct work for retrofitting A/C
- Complete non-A/C heater box with nearly new core
- Complete spare set of tan visors in mint condition.
- Extra set of seat belts

I know I'm forgetting things; there is a lot of stuff.

To anyone that wants to finish the big block swap, I will offer the swap parts to the new owner for a fair price. Parts include: frame perches, new motor mounts, new BBF starter w/o solenoid year correct style for this truck, upper and lower radiator hoses, 460 copper/brass radiator, Flowtech long-tube headers NIB, and a C6 2wd transmission (alleged working condition, never tested personally). Also have used Hedman Long-tubes if you would prefer (need reconditioning). I do have a 429 big block that I was building for this truck that I might let go of as well for the right price.

Make me a reasonable offer. Don't ask me how much I want, if you're SERIOUS you obviously know what its worth, and what you're willing to spend. Make a cash offer; worst I can say is no. The interior parts alone took a couple years to find, and over a grand to accumulate, and most of this stuff you can not get, or are cheap Chinese repops. Not splitting it up or parting it out; buyer takes all. Clean title in my name. Serious classic Ford truck enthusiasts feel free to contact me with any questions or to come see the truck. Must be moved on a trailer.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:16 PM
reamer
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Much of the stuff marked "extremely rare" just in not.
Only this "sought after is the Fog light set-up, most other stuff is commonplace.
tops 1K since not running

Old 02-08-2015, 08:22 PM
NotEnoughTrucks2014
Fleet Mechanic
Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
Brad, you probably know better than anyone else here exactly what all that is worth. Quite a shopping list of parts and I'm pretty sure that alone will add up to a couple grand.

Sure would like to see some pics. Did catch that the doors and firewall seams need work, so I'll guess it may not show very well, but still lots of potential.

I always dread that "make a reasonable offer" statement. If you miss the mark, the seller thinks you're lowballing him. I understand the reluctance to quote a price, go too high and the hate mail starts.

Without seeing it, I can offer up a comparison of some trucks I've recently found.

A 1980 single cab. some floorboard rust, but otherwise clean. No glass at $400. Cab only!

A 1986 single cab long box. XLT Lariat package, PW, PDL, bad tires Some dents, zero rust, high mileage, non running 302 due to somebody's idea of "bypassing" the fuel injection. Possibly the cleanest unrestored truck I've found. $1200

I'm seriously considering both trucks, but I also have to make a 1200 mile round trip to get them.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:40 PM
silar
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And in case you ever need another black dash pad, I also have one of the extremely rare ones that is mint.

All joking aside, I bought my 82 F100 truck a few months back for $600. That was a fully running 302 truck with AOD tranny. Most all body work was already done for me by the previous owner all included in that price with 5x5.5 wheels, factory cruise and AC, etc.. It needs a paint job, and I'm constantly finding things to do with it, but that's what I wanted. A fixer upper..

Old 02-08-2015, 09:35 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Sounds extremely rare

Old 02-09-2015, 04:10 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
I am not a 1/2 ton guy so...

I'll see if I can get some pics up.

No motor/no trans KILLS the value. Even if it had a 6 cal it would add so much to the value

have to actually see the rust in person

Old 02-09-2015, 06:46 AM
RL250
Posting Guru
I paid $900 for a running 3/4 ton. I'd say you could cap your offer at a grand. Also, it's going to be a lot of work to get going.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:19 AM
billabongboy73
Senior User
I remember seeing this truck in the Ads here a couple months ago. There is a lot of "fluff" in the ad with some "rare" stuff.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...stuff-nnj.html

Last edited by billabongboy73; 02-09-2015 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Added FTE ad link
Old 02-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Old 02-09-2015, 11:40 AM
Ranger1980
Senior User
With the issues I would not pay more than 500 for the shell. The 2.47 rear with a big block is useLess. CaB Seams shot drops value like a rock. I turned down a 6k offer on my 159k all OEM 1980 short box ranger with h22 axles and a 302. Nothing about that truck screams rare or loaded with value.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:07 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
WOW, I thought I was cheap!! LOL

The bed around here would bring $500

The following users liked this post:
Old 02-09-2015, 01:58 PM
1985 Bronco
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - Search Results

Look at his profile, he paid $2800 in 2008, and has been trying to sell since 2010. He wanted $5500 when it had the inline 6 in it. It's been restored once already. I wouldn't pay over $1200.

The following users liked this post:
Old 02-09-2015, 02:17 PM
Ranger1980
Senior User
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
WOW, I thought I was cheap!! LOL

The bed around here would bring $500
plenty of good trucks in the southwest for pennies. Sure they need a respray of paint, but no rust. WheN I was down there they couldn't give a full sized truck away. In the northeast it would bring 1500 2k. Not that I would pay that.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Ranger1980
plenty of good trucks in the southwest for pennies. Sure they need a respray of paint, but no rust. WheN I was down there they couldn't give a full sized truck away. In the northeast it would bring 1500 2k. Not that I would pay that.
Ah, Yeah. Definitely NOT worth what he was asking when that XLS in TN was $4500? and RUST FREE with a BIG BLOCK

Old 02-09-2015, 06:07 PM
82F100SWB
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
The bed might be worth $500 by itself if it is in good shape, but a complete truck is always worth less than the sum of it's parts.
I see rust and things that aren't quite right in places on that bed that experience makes me question just how much rust is hiding under paint and bondo.
With the firewall pinch weld being rusty I would be looking at the entire cowl as well. I see what might be rust bubbling under the corners of the rear window as well. With the doors being toast I would be looking very hard at the whole truck.

I love how he makes a big deal out of the kingpin front axle, which is not 1980 only, and is nothing but a royal pita...
Even with all the stuff he has included, I would not give more than $500 for the whole thing, and I would look for an 82-86 truck instead to get away from the 80 only wiring and get a balljoint front axle that can be aligned.

Quick Reply: 1980 F100 flareside