6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Outside air temperature reading.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 05:58 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by F stock owner
I hear you. I use a thumb drive as well. I just don't have a way to move all my old CD's into that format. I haven't figured that out but haven't really tried either. It's so easy to play a CD in the truck once and record it. All my new music is on the thumb drive that I edit as you do.
I haven't converted in quite a while, but as I recall, I used Windows Media Player to rip my CD's into MP3 format. When I put in a disk, my puter would ask what I wanted to do and one option was to rip it. When I get a chance, I'll see if I can confirm - if that's something you are interested in doing.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:04 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
I think I might be tempted to stop for a hunger buster and shake even if I knew how to get home the rest of the way....

I appreciate the background and it makes sense... I also like for other people when they read the thread to understand the pros and cons of doing that.

Interesting story. A long time ago when I was rookie I handled a case where a Doctor put a two way alarm in his Mercedes. He typically worked late and his car got broken into a couple of times in the past. Sure enough, that night, it got broken into, the alarm went off the Doctor came running out, only to get robbed (and pistol whipped) at gun point. He was not prepared to deal with the confrontation. SO instead of a broken window and maybe a stolen radio, he ended up hurt (could have been shot or killed) and robbed. Realistically, if they had figured out a way to steal it - it isn't like he didn't have insurance. He ended up moving his office to a more secure building...

Old 02-09-2015, 01:20 PM
F stock owner
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
I haven't converted in quite a while, but as I recall, I used Windows Media Player to rip my CD's into MP3 format. When I put in a disk, my puter would ask what I wanted to do and one option was to rip it. When I get a chance, I'll see if I can confirm - if that's something you are interested in doing.
That would be great. Don't really need it now but eventually will when I get a new vehicle. Did a quick look at WMP but it wasn't obvious in Windows 8.1. I'll try again later. Thanks.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:28 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
I have an 8.1 machine at home, as well as a few disks. I'll try to check when I get home later this evening, but may not have time to reply back with the results until tomorrow morning. On the machine at work, we are running Win7 and I don't have a disk with me.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:18 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,946 Likes on 1,580 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackBeest
Somebody throw some Reps at Mike for helping, I'm out of ammo
BANG.........

Old 02-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by SavageNFS
I'm more concerned with how to do it. I didn't know it was something that could be done. Could be an option with the newer units. I don't think that's possible on my '11.
I did it with my 2011........

Write the pictures to a CD. Put in the CD...........sorry, that's all I remember.....

I do think it is in the book.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Dakster
Changing the wallpaper is nice. I don't like putting my families photo on it though, because if for some reason your truck was stolen, the bad guys will know what you look like.

The new MFT is OK. I have gotten used to it from my 2011. What I do NOT like is the fact that there are no buttons for the seat and steering wheel heater.
Awwwww........Too F....... BAD...........

j/k

Old 02-11-2015, 07:55 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 6,969 Likes on 2,190 Posts
So Roy reminds me the other day (nicely) to because he was certain you can add photos to a 2011. He was right! I have since read page 23 of the Navigation/Sync manual entitled "loading pictures" and have successfully done it.

1. Load pictures to a CD in .jpg/.jpe/.jpeg format.
2. Format CD or DVD n ISO 9660 format. DVD didn't work for me. IDF format is also not supported. Burn up to 32 pics to a CD and you will be fine. Finalize the disk to playback in an CD player.
3. Turn on Nav unit. Press the home button.
4. Press left side of the home screen to initiate the saved photos screen.
5. Follow the on screen instructions.
6. Say Thank you to Roy and enjoy your new home screen

Thank you, Roy

Old 02-11-2015, 09:16 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

So Roy reminds me the other day (nicely) to because he was certain you can add photos to a 2011. He was right! I have since read page 23 of the Navigation/Sync manual entitled "loading pictures" and have successfully done it.

1. Load pictures to a CD in .jpg/.jpe/.jpeg format.
2. Format CD or DVD n ISO 9660 format. DVD didn't work for me. IDF format is also not supported. Burn up to 32 pics to a CD and you will be fine. Finalize the disk to playback in an CD player.
3. Turn on Nav unit. Press the home button.
4. Press left side of the home screen to initiate the saved photos screen.
5. Follow the on screen instructions.
6. Say Thank you to Roy and enjoy your new home screen

Thank you, Roy
You are welcome........You did the work...

Old 02-11-2015, 09:30 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Glad Roy got you straightened out Andre! Now, stop slacking off.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:48 AM
Thom12
Senior User
I'm more concerned with how to do it. I didn't know it was something that could be done. Could be an option with the newer units. I don't think that's possible on my '11.
Andre,

This is the closest I have been able to do for custom wall paper on the 2011 Sync with hard drive....

To do this, up load your picture from a USB drive, then press on the left hand Ford logo on your split screen, it should bring up all of your saved photos, select the one you want. You can even have it randomize your photos in the wall paper section.

opps.. Roy beat me to it while I was posting this....

Old 02-11-2015, 11:10 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 6,969 Likes on 2,190 Posts
Thom...thanks! Read post #38 above. I figured it out with the help of Roy, but your post was very helpful!

Old 02-11-2015, 11:19 AM
BlackBeest
More Turbo
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Cool!

Roy- DUCK! reps incoming!!

Old 02-11-2015, 11:41 AM
pmichael
Junior User
Nice trick with the wallpaper, I will have to do that.

I have 2015 F250 Lariat. I have the mpg view on the screen on the dash, I see that I can also display the gears on that screen as well.

Any chance you can program that screen to also show MPH?

Old 02-11-2015, 11:50 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Originally Posted by pmichael
Nice trick with the wallpaper, I will have to do that.

I have 2015 F250 Lariat. I have the mpg view on the screen on the dash, I see that I can also display the gears on that screen as well.

Any chance you can program that screen to also show MPH?
Are you referring to the small screen in the gauge cluster, or the touch screen in the center stack?

Quick Reply: Outside air temperature reading.