Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Parts Vendors. the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Chevy_Eater
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Is what you do with a chainsaw called "hugging"?

Old 02-08-2015, 05:46 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
cuddling?

yours truly caring for a large white oak.

thedieselstore.com
usdieselparts.com

^ ordered brand new stanadyne fuel injectors from each of these places.grade a service.fast shipping.both top notch.when i need ip's i wont hesitate to use either one in the future.

gale banks engineering.
what can i say.these guys supply spectacular service.both times i called them up to order missing parts for my used turbo kits,they were very helpful,prompt and precise with aiding me with part numbers,price and they shipped out whatever i needed.i felt like they provided me with the class a service they would have,if i ordered a brand new turbo from them.i know their turbo units on a whole is pricey but it feels very,very good knowing if i need a nut,bolt,washer,seal,gasket,o-ring,bracket,etc.etc they're right there a phone call away to help me keep my commercial trucks running.iv got to share my experiences with these guys too.super,excellent,fast service.

summit racing
jegs

^ these are both top notch outfits too.this is a pretty well known fact, but iv ordered many parts from each for exhaust,engine parts,gauges and such.if you've never used these guys,you can shop here with confidence as well.great service,secure pay methods and fast shipping to keep ya going.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:57 PM
cdude20
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No one mentioned Justin @ R&D IDI Performance? Dude is awesome and his products are even better. He worked with me on a great set of injectors and a pump. I'd recommend him to anyone with an IDI

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 09:29 AM
FordTruckfan89
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
for electric parts, such as switches, sensors, senders, stay away from Wells or Autozone parts. Used to work there. Just a poor parts manufacturer. I've had good luck with BWD parts though

Motorcraft Glow plugs I've found are cheap when bought online (discount code) and picked up in store when bought from advance auto parts.

Battery Terminals- GenuineDealz.com is good for marine grade stuff, like a small mom and pop shop, free shipping too.

CARQUEST or Napa for battery cables.

Never had any issues with my K&N, I'll second FORDF250HDXLT.

Airtex seems to make a decent electric fuel pump.

I use TSC Traveller (aka Warren Lubriguard) in my IDI, it does better than rotella.

Motorcraft or Wix Oil Filters

High end fram, Purolator or Oreillys store brand (wix) oil filters for my remote transmission filter.

Rock-auto and standard motor products for the pre-made 2/0 positive battery cable they sell for these trucks. Decent quality, good fitment, cheaper than making an equivalent one.

Green Gates XL belts, From CARQUEST and Oreillys (Napa may carry that line too, never checked).

Old 03-23-2015, 08:18 PM
Q6.9
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdude20
No one mentioned Justin @ R&D IDI Performance? Dude is awesome and his products are even better. He worked with me on a great set of injectors and a pump. I'd recommend him to anyone with an IDI
What parts have you bought from that sight? I just found it and came here to see what you guys thought about their parts. Im interested in the injectors and headstuds.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:31 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
fuel injection injection pump injection pump rebuilding injection pump repair, Conestoga Diesel Injection Fuel Injection and Turbocharger Rebuilding. The Moose Pump people! Willow Street, PA Home

home of the famous "moose pumps" !

A+ top notch outfit.Mel serving the idi community with the help of his wife earning the respect (not demanding it) for several years now.recently they acquired conestoga diesel in PA.Ever since the idi community has been treated with grade A professionalism from this wonderful husband and wife team.providing for the united idi brotherhood from what iv read time and time and time again with raving reviews on OBN.make no mistake however he cares not what forum your on.call him up,let him know you hang your hat at FTE.you'll be treated with the same united community respect you deserve.when anything goes wrong,iv personally seen Mel post and take care of any issues with pride and honor (even when he didn't need too! - expired warranty)
this outfit here is the real deal! delivering respect,honor and taking pride in the work they offer our united community.these guys will never slander or talk ill of their competitors.they know they don't have to.they are confident in their services enough to place themselves far above such petty things.

I'm personally not in the market for performance idi parts but from all my readings over the years,i feel i must pass on the info of this outstanding outfit.a man who puts together idi trucking get together events and whose timed several idi engines (free of charge!) lend a helping hand without expecting a dime a many of time iv read about.it's just enough to burn you in hearing derogatory remarks about this outstanding man and the professionalism he has delivered to us over the years.it shouldn't just burn me to read such things either.it should us all.
if you read someone talk ill about Mel and the ship he's running,beware! honesty.pride in workmanship.customer service at the forefront.treating customers with respect.quality.integrity and the like are what you can expect from Mel and friends over at conestogadiesel.com

buy here with confidence guys! this outfit is the real deal.support these guys and you support how true honest American business should be run.

i almost forgot too,Mel is your hymermax turbo dealer to boot!
for those who may not know,hypermax is only one of two (banks being the other) of our current idi turbo kits still in production.a (last time i checked) more affordable option.so for those looking for a turbo kit,the Agnem family has you covered there as well.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:48 PM
ron young
New User
6.9 idi

I wanted to thank you for your quick reply, I'm throwing quite a bit of money in this old truck. it's not as old as it seems, it's never seen a snowflake came from San Jose California it has a hundred and five thousand miles on it. I'm doing a frame off restoration, adding the banks turbo rebuilding the engine and installing a Doug Nash overdrive. the truck is back together will only run for 5 minutes at a time. I just watched a YouTube on how to put a new solenoid in the injection pump I'm hoping that's the problem. if not I have the ejection pump off the donor truck I got the turbo on. any thoughts? your help is greatly appreciated. Ron

Old 06-01-2015, 08:38 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Jonhson's Auto Salvage Griffin GA

Lots of Ford trucks . Reasonable

Old 07-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Chevy_Eater
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 07-27-2015, 11:08 PM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

McMaster, Rock Auto and Summit are all frequent's and A+'s from me....

Old 07-31-2015, 12:12 PM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
fuel injection injection pump injection pump rebuilding injection pump repair, Conestoga Diesel Injection Fuel Injection and Turbocharger Rebuilding. The Moose Pump people! Willow Street, PA Home

home of the famous "moose pumps" !

A+ top notch outfit.Mel serving the idi community with the help of his wife earning the respect (not demanding it) for several years now.recently they acquired conestoga diesel in PA.Ever since the idi community has been treated with grade A professionalism from this wonderful husband and wife team.providing for the united idi brotherhood from what iv read time and time and time again with raving reviews on OBN.make no mistake however he cares not what forum your on.call him up,let him know you hang your hat at FTE.you'll be treated with the same united community respect you deserve.when anything goes wrong,iv personally seen Mel post and take care of any issues with pride and honor (even when he didn't need too! - expired warranty)
this outfit here is the real deal! delivering respect,honor and taking pride in the work they offer our united community.these guys will never slander or talk ill of their competitors.they know they don't have to.they are confident in their services enough to place themselves far above such petty things.

I'm personally not in the market for performance idi parts but from all my readings over the years,i feel i must pass on the info of this outstanding outfit.a man who puts together idi trucking get together events and whose timed several idi engines (free of charge!) lend a helping hand without expecting a dime a many of time iv read about.it's just enough to burn you in hearing derogatory remarks about this outstanding man and the professionalism he has delivered to us over the years.it shouldn't just burn me to read such things either.it should us all.
if you read someone talk ill about Mel and the ship he's running,beware! honesty.pride in workmanship.customer service at the forefront.treating customers with respect.quality.integrity and the like are what you can expect from Mel and friends over at conestogadiesel.com

buy here with confidence guys! this outfit is the real deal.support these guys and you support how true honest American business should be run.

i almost forgot too,Mel is your hymermax turbo dealer to boot!
for those who may not know,hypermax is only one of two (banks being the other) of our current idi turbo kits still in production.a (last time i checked) more affordable option.so for those looking for a turbo kit,the Agnem family has you covered there as well.

Which of these parts do you own and run on your own trucks? Just curious because you are so gracious and fond of them.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:24 AM
speedy_92
New User
Motorcraft glow plugs

Lasted 2 days was by the dealer in Inverness,fl that the warentee wouldn't cover it must have been my fault pissed me off told them to shove it still won't go back there will drive 30 miles to go to a good dealer

Old 06-28-2016, 10:08 PM
91f350idiats
New User
Hey everybody new to this sight and bought my first idi, well first diesel ever and I have found everything else I need to fix truck except the wiring harness from the fire wall into engine bay right below the brake master cylinder any leads in a direction to go would be awesome thanks in advance

Old 09-13-2016, 03:00 AM
Leftyizme
Freshman User
I know it's not truck parts... But I've bought several times from E-Trailer.com
They have always given me the right parts, they came in quick, and most everything I've bought had free shipping.
I've bought several sets of electric brake assemblies, a couple receiver hitches, many different sets of wheel bearings and seals, chrome lug nuts, etc...
Quality has always been really good too.
I'd highly recommend them.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:06 PM
FordTruckfan89
Fleet Mechanic
Idiperformance.com for some sweet, yet affordable injectors.

Quick Reply: Parts Vendors. the good, the bad, and the ugly.