Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Ever seen these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 10:07 AM
KY60
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I looked all over trying to find more info before posting the pic here, I am in LA (Lower Alabama) so they are a bit far for me. I found one reference to Tirerack offering something they called an SVT wheel 18 inch for the 04 F250, but no pictures and just a brief mention. So maybe thay are an imposter. Hence the Question "Anyone Ever seen these wheels?"

If they are legit I do hope someone on here scoops them up.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
I honestly don't think it's worth it. Say they are uber rare wheels, is it what you really want? Is the rareness worth more to you than the look you really want?

Old 01-20-2015, 10:32 AM
Technologiq
Elder User
I found another thread referencing what I think are these wheels and referring to them as SVT.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...excursion.html

What is weird is I've done a LOT of research this morning trying to hunt down an SVT F-250 or F-350 and don't see anything. Nothing at auto shows, nothing in a press release. Nothing.

Now I've become obsessed with finding out more about these wheels.

Edit: I've contacted the seller to see if they can take a picture of the INSIDE of the wheel to see what is stamped on it.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:11 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Technologiq
Edit: I've contacted the seller to see if they can take a picture of the INSIDE of the wheel to see what is stamped on it.
Already did it this morning I'll let you know if I ever hear anything If you get something first let me know!

Old 01-20-2015, 11:46 AM
BEARDOWN
Senior User

These are the SVT wheels as in the ebay listing as well. I seen a new in box set on ebay go for $999 I opted out. Defiantly didn't like the center caps. Also preferred the KR or Harley rims to these... the Harley ones have a lot going on with them and these have 2 different types of cutouts and and chunks missing from them. imho they should of left the grooves off the five star part of them.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:51 AM
BEARDOWN
Senior User

Here are my Harley rims for comparison

Old 01-20-2015, 11:58 AM
WE3ZS
Received 908 Likes on 617 Posts
Originally Posted by BEARDOWN

These are the SVT wheels as in the ebay listing as well. I seen a new in box set on ebay go for $999 I opted out. Defiantly didn't like the center caps. Also preferred the KR or Harley rims to these... the Harley ones have a lot going on with them and these have 2 different types of cutouts and and chunks missing from them. imho they should of left the grooves off the five star part of them.

Oh, those canter caps are just tragic.
I think with normal caps they would look pretty good.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:01 PM
BEARDOWN
Senior User
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Oh, those canter caps are just tragic.
I think with normal caps they would look pretty good.
totally agree. But so do the KR and HR. So I wouldn't go to far out of my way or my/that price range to get these. Plus if you ever need to replace just one of these... your up sheetz creek.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:19 PM
WE3ZS
Originally Posted by Technologiq
Not to be a party pooper but I'd research the crap out of those wheels before making that purchase.

A couple things are glaring to me:

1. Came on a 2000 Truck? 18's didn't become a option until 2004.
2. Pricing. If the guy did research he'd see that he's got a $1000+ package with that style rim + tires in decent condition

I'd put money on those being replica wheels - as in not real Ford OEM. As someone who bought a set of replica wheels (being sold as OEM on eBay) for my Jeep Grand Cherokee and then had them crack I would run far, far away from replica wheels.

I could be wrong and this is the deal of the century on ultra rare rims - but I really, REALLY doubt it.

I'd take your bet.
1. The add does say they came a used 2000 and were installed by PO, so they are not identified as being model year 2000 rims.
2. These are rims the guy is done with, so he is selling them. Obviously from the conversation here there isn't a ton of info out there about the SVT/SVO rims, so even if he did try to research what he had to sell the closest he probably came to them was the H-D, KR or Lariat versions and his are priced accordingly to that market. Mine were $600 with similar rubber as his.

I agree on running far far away from replica rims, but I've never seen a set of SD rims found to be replicas, I have seen and read a bunch about the Jeep rims though. I would imagine this trend is demand based, plenty of Jeepers looking to upgrade and from what I've seen most SD/EX peeps aren't even aware these leaf spring correct 18" even exist.

I think these are a good deal and if I didn't buy a new car last night and was waiting for the second new one to be built the seller would already have my money in his account.

These should be 2004 Ford OEM SVT rims sold as OEM performance parts #4C3Z-1007-NA.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Technologiq
Elder User
It would be hilarious if the wheels on that Ex are the same wheels currently being offered for sale.

I just have a really hard time believing there were molds cast for that wheel by Ford and only a few sets made. Not to mention nobody took a picture of this magical SVT Super Duty.

What is stamped on those center caps? It doesn't look like a Ford logo nor a SVT Logo....

I'm probably wrong but I'm still going with these not being OEM Ford.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:16 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
I still haven't heard back from him... Just sayin'

Old 01-20-2015, 01:43 PM
WE3ZS
There wasn't ever an SVT SuperDuty truck, these were Ford's OEM "aftermarket" SVT (racing parts) performance rims offered back in the day. They are nearly identical to the Lariat, KR and H-D ones but I suppose they made a 4th version for the race parts counter man to sell. These actually had a lower list price from Ford than the other '04 18"s from what I've found.
Ford part # for these is 4C3Z-1007-NA from what I have found, they are no longer available from Ford.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:46 PM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 01-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Old 01-20-2015, 02:02 PM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
same as my 3rd image above

Quick Reply: Anyone Ever seen these wheels?