Sponsored by: DP Tuner

how hot

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 11:00 PM
bud465
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how hot

what temp. are safe to run my powerstroke at? what can i do to lower them? when i was pulling a load of hay this past weekend it gets over 1000 in a heart beat. it is mounted post turbo.

95' Powerstroke stock except BD downpipe and pyro and boost gauges

what are my options and costs

Old 07-20-2003, 11:39 PM
basstardo
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how hot

I would definitely get rid of the stock airbox and get something similar to the Tymar setup or the Ford Sever Duty AIS kit. You may alose want to upgrade the rest of your exhaust. I have a Tymar and the Banks exhaust which helps keep the temps down some. I have my Pyrometer setup post turbo as well and I peg 1000 every now and again if I'm going through the mountains or I really get on it, but I'm also running a Diablo Predator on the 60 HP setting. I think the key things though is just get more air in and out of the motor and it will cool it down some.

Terry

Old 07-21-2003, 12:16 AM
theologian
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how hot

If you do a lot of towing, the first set of mods to consider are the Intake, Intercooler and Exhaust systems. The 95 did not come with an intercooler, and it needs one. At least you have got rid of the weird thing Ford called a Downpipe. You need to increase the internal diameter of the rest of the exhaust too. Those two are a must for towing - the air intake is cheap and a further mod, but you can live without it.

I have not yet got the Tymer system, I am saving for it. I have however got an intercooler, and larger exhaust in my '96

Theo