Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference between KR and Platinum

Old 01-05-2015, 05:47 PM
CR3999!
Senior User
CR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud of
Difference between KR and Platinum

This will be the last truck I will have to buy, so I'm going for it. The truck should out last me. I like the heavy duty leather on the KR. Every truck I have had the drivers seat is the first thing that goes. It would seem to me that the heavy leather on the KR would last a long time. The light weight leather I have in my truck now made about nine years. I keep my trucks till the wheels are about to fall off. Or it's time to update.

Out side of the badges. What are the differences between the two trucks? And you KR owners how do the seats hold up? Do the Platinum trucks have heavy leather? Thanks guys!

Old 01-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Trim preference really. Oh and a heated steering wheel on the platinum. Not that you need that in TX...

Old 01-05-2015, 06:17 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Platinum is the only level that you can get the Pecan leather which to me is much better looking than the KR. In srw it also has the 20" wheels.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:44 PM
CR3999!
Senior User
CR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud ofCR3999! has much to be proud of
Is that pecan leather a heavy type leather?

Old 01-05-2015, 07:01 PM
UGA33
Post Fiend
UGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud of
Love the new KR leather color. All preference. Love the brushed aluminum grill on the Platinum but hate the tailgate.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:02 PM
bridge
Postmaster
bridge has a great reputation on FTE.bridge has a great reputation on FTE.bridge has a great reputation on FTE.bridge has a great reputation on FTE.bridge has a great reputation on FTE.
I haven't been real pleased with the KR leather, especially in my 2014 250 and my wife's 2013 Expedition. Driver seat door bolster is fading on the 250 and fading and peeling in the expedition. There seems to be some debate as to whether the 2011+ KR leather is any different than the standard Lariat leather other than the color.

I do like the Pecan leather in the '15s. Looks nice.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:04 PM
UGA33
Post Fiend
UGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bridge View Post
I haven't been real pleased with the KR leather, especially in my 2014 250 and my wife's 2013 Expedition. Driver seat door bolster is fading on the 250 and fading and peeling in the expedition. There seems to be some debate as to whether the 2011+ KR leather is any different than the standard Lariat leather other than the color.

I do like the Pecan leather in the '15s. Looks nice.
It's definitely not as "hardy" as it used to be on the 2010 and older trucks.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:05 PM
ligito
Posting Guru
ligito is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I put sheepskins on my cloth seats ('02 E350) still going strong.
My wifes '01 Crown Vic has leather seats that require a pillow, cuz they are too hard to sit on for very long. My sheepskins are comfy in all kinds of temperatures.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:48 PM
CR3999!
Senior User
Man I forgot all about the Lariat, I do have some homework to do. Trying to figure out which one to get. Sometimes it's best to have fewer options. Decisions, decisions, the more I fine out the harder it is. I'm not quite ready to go to the dealer yet, you know what happens then.hahaha This could get fun!

Old 01-06-2015, 04:20 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.
In my opinion the KR leather on the 2015 trucks is no different than the lariat or platinum. Color being the only difference.

The color scheme is why I chose the KR.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:50 AM
Brandon D
Lead Foot User
Brandon D is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Brandon D is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by ruschejj View Post
In my opinion the KR leather on the 2015 trucks is no different than the lariat or platinum. Color being the only difference.

The color scheme is why I chose the KR.
I would have to agree. I have seen both and the only noticeable difference is the color. I chose the Platinum myself because it had all the options, the nicer grille and the painted bumpers as opposed to all the awful chrome that comes on other models. It's all personal preference in the end. I would guess that if you are buying this truck as your "final ride" then you'll prob order one with the exact options you want so the only difference we are down to now is the color of leather seats you want. Best of luck and don't hesitate at all. My 2015 is simply amazing and doesn't lack in any area. Cheers

Old 01-06-2015, 10:20 AM
donovan
Posting Guru
donovan has a great reputation on FTE.donovan has a great reputation on FTE.donovan has a great reputation on FTE.donovan has a great reputation on FTE.donovan has a great reputation on FTE.
King ranch

On the two king ranches seats 05 and a 09 the leather was full grain but it required a lots of maintenance because it was open pour leather. When looking at trucks last time I noticed the leather seemed thinner and seems to be coated now. So I don't think it much different then standard leather.

I agree the tailgate on the platinum is just GOD ugly. I think you are paying more to have the word platinum spelled out all over your truck. Ford is going for status symbol with the platinum version of the truck, why else spell it out in large letters all around the truck.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:30 AM
CMill250
Junior User
CMill250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I looked at all 3 very closely when I bought 4 months ago and for what I wanted/needed the lariat was plenty. The Platinum and KR seem to add a bunch of cosmetic stuff that I didn't need. Mine has all lariat stuff like remote start & Sony stereo plus Nav, Sunroof, Rapid heat, locker diff, bucket seats with Heat/cool & power/memory, & tailgate step. My MSRP was 60,330 which was 3-5k under a platinum or KR and has more than I need.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:28 PM
LabCab
Posting Guru
LabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud of
I went with a Lariat when I ordered because I didn't want the sunroof, cause I am tall, didn't want the tailgait step because I have a canopy and the dang stripper pole is a pain when getting in and out of the truck bed. I didn't want Nav because I am an old Forester that would rather look at maps... I don't care for the letters on the side of the bed, the painted bumpers and the tailgate on the Platnum, plus the truck was expensive enough as it was. So I ordered exactly what I wanted and passed on the rest.
It is good that each can decide what works for them.
Best of luck with your decision.
Pat

Old 09-09-2016, 10:49 PM
invstr55
Senior User
invstr55 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.invstr55 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The heated wheel and massage seats come in the King Ranch and the leather quality is equal to the platinum

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Difference between KR and Platinum

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: