Door panels

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 01:04 PM
drpaul311
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by OldWoodsDiesel
$370 for NEW made in USA ain't too bad in my book. Plus they have more colors available than stock.

If anyone uses or has used them, please post here. I'm curious on fit and quality.

I was planning to go through the whole plastic paint process to get my inerior black, but this may save some time.

Im sure they don't carry rear panels though...

who has panels for under $400? you got my attention!

Old 12-17-2014, 01:23 PM
drpaul311
Senior User
Cool

Originally Posted by ProjectDually
RockAuto Parts Catalog

A little under 400, I have seen them cheaper elsewhere, I just don't remember right now. It's somewhere buried in the mess I call my bookmarks right now.

do they have a paper catalogue? i went to their site and its not exactly straight forward enough for me!

the price of the door panels is crazy. RA is 378 or so and coverlay is 517. what a huge markup.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:54 PM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by drpaul311
do they have a paper catalogue? i went to their site and its not exactly straight forward enough for me!
Seriously? ProjectDually's link takes you RIGHT to the Coverlay product. Just select a color. Or from RA's home page, just drill down by make, year, model, engine, choose Interior, etc.; you're there in about five moves.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:06 PM
drpaul311
Senior User
Originally Posted by madpogue
Seriously? ProjectDually's link takes you RIGHT to the Coverlay product. Just select a color. Or from RA's home page, just drill down by make, year, model, engine, choose Interior, etc.; you're there in about five moves.

yes im serious! im not talking about that link. i navigated that link just fine. thanks.

i want a book to look at everything they offer, if that is ok

Old 12-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts
thank you for the idea. my problem is however, that gizmo is broke. i now will have mounting issues for my window switch because it broke. that is why i bought them.

speaking of buying them, these are tan and are in really good shape. i paid $250 plus shipping if somebody is interested. i was going to paint them, but noticing they are the two door, and mine is broke, i just want my money back that i spent on them.
What gizmo? this?

Old 12-17-2014, 07:57 PM
madpogue
Lead Driver
yes im serious! im not talking about that link. i navigated that link just fine. thanks.

i want a book to look at everything they offer, if that is ok
Their FAQ page specifically states they have no paper catalog. It would probably be as big as the Oxford English Dictionary. If it included pics, it would probably fill a closet. It would also be obsolete within days of printing. They're not like LMC or Bronco Graveyard or Dennis Carpenter, speciaizing in a few brands or subsets of vehicle type. 'Course, if a stranger came up and asked what parts they carry for a 1988 Izhmash, it would be handy to have it on paper.....

Brad, I'm bettin' it's the bolster itself, the part that has the "tabs" that the switch bezel bolts into, that's broken on the OP's truck. I would think something could be fabbed.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:53 PM
drpaul311
Senior User
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
What gizmo? this?
yes that gizmo and the part of the door panel that that part screws on to.

will a door panel from a two door work on a four door? i came across something leading me to believe there is a difference.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:56 PM
drpaul311
Senior User
Originally Posted by madpogue
Their FAQ page specifically states they have no paper catalog. It would probably be as big as the Oxford English Dictionary. If it included pics, it would probably fill a closet. It would also be obsolete within days of printing. They're not like LMC or Bronco Graveyard or Dennis Carpenter, speciaizing in a few brands or subsets of vehicle type. 'Course, if a stranger came up and asked what parts they carry for a 1988 Izhmash, it would be handy to have it on paper.....

Brad, I'm bettin' it's the bolster itself, the part that has the "tabs" that the switch bezel bolts into, that's broken on the OP's truck. I would think something could be fabbed.

thanks for the catalogue thing. call me old fashioned, but stuff like that, and LMC, i prefer paper in my hands!

and yes you are correct about the bezel thing being bolted to.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:18 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts
yes that gizmo and the part of the door panel that that part screws on to.

will a door panel from a two door work on a four door? i came across something leading me to believe there is a difference.
That gizmo as you call it is a for a late 94-97 crewcab ONLY. It does NOT come with the new door panel.

USED they sell for up to $150 IF you can find it. They are long obsolete and no aftermarket supplier makes them

The piece I am talking about to take from your crew cab panel and put on the 2 door panel is the BULSTER that is plastic molded to the door panel from the back(4 door piece is bigger than 2 door)It is the "leather" wrapped piece with the perforation holes in it. You can reattach it with trim screws from the back side(costing nothing) then you need to try and find that trim piece to hold the switches.

I am still working on getting some of those trim pieces made

Old 12-18-2014, 06:32 AM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IF RA is too hard to use. Here is another place that offers them for just about the same price.

PartsTrain.com - Hard to Find Auto Parts and Truck Parts - Door Panel For 1996 Ford F-350 XLT 8 Cyl 7.3L

Old 12-18-2014, 07:41 PM
drpaul311
Senior User
Cool

Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
That gizmo as you call it is a for a late 94-97 crewcab ONLY. It does NOT come with the new door panel.

USED they sell for up to $150 IF you can find it. They are long obsolete and no aftermarket supplier makes them

The piece I am talking about to take from your crew cab panel and put on the 2 door panel is the BULSTER that is plastic molded to the door panel from the back(4 door piece is bigger than 2 door)It is the "leather" wrapped piece with the perforation holes in it. You can reattach it with trim screws from the back side(costing nothing) then you need to try and find that trim piece to hold the switches.

I am still working on getting some of those trim pieces made

yes that thing! the bezel gizmo that goes around the front/rear switch is just fine, but the piece on the door panel that the bezel screws to, is toast! im sure i can come up with something, when in doubt. definitely want to get rid the tan door panels though!

Old 12-18-2014, 07:47 PM
drpaul311
Senior User
Cool

IF RA is too hard to use. Here is another place that offers them for just about the same price.

PartsTrain.com - Hard to Find Auto Parts and Truck Parts - Door Panel For 1996 Ford F-350 XLT 8 Cyl 7.3L

lol. i navigated the door panel link for RA! i like their prices a little better that PT!.... thank you sir. i appreciate it.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:32 PM
madpogue
Lead Driver
but the piece on the door panel that the bezel screws to, is toast!
That's the "bolster", and unfortunately that's the CC-specific part. Is it really shot, beat up, or is it just the "tabs" where the switch bezel mounts to it that are the problem?

It's too bad Coverlay (or anybody else) doesn't sell just the bolster. Their version of the panel itself is a cheap imitation, with the one missing pocket and no way to mount the courtesy light. So an option to buy just the bolster and attach it to one's existing panel would be cool.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:26 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol. i navigated the door panel link for RA! i like their prices a little better that PT!.... thank you sir. i appreciate it.
You are quite welcome! And I've use RA for both my car and my truck before, solid prices, and shipping is usually really fast.

And no need to call me sir, I work for a living! I'm not married, and I'm 25, John works just fine for me!

Old 12-19-2014, 09:51 PM
drpaul311
Senior User
Cool

You are quite welcome! And I've use RA for both my car and my truck before, solid prices, and shipping is usually really fast.

And no need to call me sir, I work for a living! I'm not married, and I'm 25, John works just fine for me!

well, sir john! i was working up until 6 wks ago. i was the charge nurse in a clinic in my little town and sad to report, my wife and i both were treated like crap all the while my wife wasn't an employee. go figure. finally enough was enough.

so, no place to mount the courtesy light? i guess i will just have to make a hole so it will fit! my panels are so beat up, its not funny and little hope to resurrect them to nice panels. whomever had this truck before me, didn't take care of this truck. i guess that is one reason i only paid 4900 for it.

Quick Reply: Door panels