6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 09:16 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,719 Likes on 2,755 Posts
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
Agreed on the door height. Anything less than a 14' door is too low IMO.
In looking at properties I see a lot of garages with maybe 12' doors but not many with 14' doors. I look at the shorter ones with an eye to if it would be possible to increase the height of the door at all. Obviously, if the door frame is bordered by a roof line it isn't going to happen. But if there's a few feet of clearance above the door frame it should be doable?

Old 03-10-2019, 10:42 PM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 436 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
In looking at properties I see a lot of garages with maybe 12' doors but not many with 14' doors. I look at the shorter ones with an eye to if it would be possible to increase the height of the door at all. Obviously, if the door frame is bordered by a roof line it isn't going to happen. But if there's a few feet of clearance above the door frame it should be doable?
Yeah, in theory, you should be able to raise the header of the door and put a taller door in. Not an easy task, but for a good carpenter, shouldn't be an issue. I would definitely get a professional opinion before making a decision though.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:13 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Not really a bad job. There is a long handle on the filter, so pulling it out of the outlet pipe is easy. Then hose it off.
Eat more bran and less cheese, and use RV paper. No more filter cleaning!

Old 03-16-2019, 08:37 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,005 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Eat more bran and less cheese, and use RV paper. No more filter cleaning!
Regular household TP bio-degrades too........ That isn't what the filter catches....... The crusty coating that forms on the surface is what has to be kept out of the drainage field. It shouldn't get out in a proper tank. My tank settled outlet low..... so it is possible, that is what the filter is for in my case.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:43 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Worked on the garage this evening.......
Oops.... forgot pictures......

The last thing I did before breaking........ Mounted an outdoor electrical box with dual GFIC outlets. The wiring to the box was done, just needed to wire the feed to the two outlets. Now that is done......
It was nice to do something and it didn't require lifting or much effort. So, I behaved myself......

Old 03-16-2019, 10:35 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Regular household TP bio-degrades too........ That isn't what the filter catches....... The crusty coating that forms on the surface is what has to be kept out of the drainage field. It shouldn't get out in a proper tank. My tank settled outlet low..... so it is possible, that is what the filter is for in my case.
I know regular paper breaks down, as that's all I use in our RV and never had any issues - even living in it for 16 months. That was sort of a joke though because so many people think RV paper is better because it breaks down more quickly. It might, but I don't see the need for my uses. As far as the "stuff" that gets caught in the screen, I had visions of floaters and paper wads sticking to the screen. I still think that switching your diet to high fiber would help! We have an aerobic system that gets a state mandated performance and condition check every 4 months. I do the maintenance myself though. No issues thus far - thankfully.

Glad you got to work on the garage again. I got the yard mowed last Sunday, and the pasture Monday. It's still a disgusting wet/muddy mess, but the weeds and taller grass were driving me nuts. I feel much better now.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:57 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,568 Likes on 1,426 Posts
Roy, Glad you got it and worked on the garage!

I got out and worked a little around here also. Just haven't got motivated to work on the Bronco again. I did look at it yesterday and decided I need to move the shock brackets on the rear axle.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:10 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Howdy Doug and Tim........

It was really nice to do just something on my garage project...... Maybe another little bit today.
All of us are going for a walk with the doggies today...... My 1st walk since I broke.......

Old 03-17-2019, 07:06 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Roy, fire #3 reared its ugly head today, but thankfully not at my facility. It's a few miles east of us and I sent 11 of my guys and some equipment to assist.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:02 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Roy, fire #3 reared its ugly head today, but thankfully not at my facility. It's a few miles east of us and I sent 11 of my guys and some equipment to assist.
That is nice that people help each other when needed........

Sure is going to be tough to put out..... sad.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:04 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

We all got in about 1/2 mile walk today....... My first since being broken. Went well. More tomorrow.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:29 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
That is nice that people help each other when needed........

Sure is going to be tough to put out..... sad.
We are members of an organization called CIMA - Channel Industries Mutual Aid. We are broken into zones and if anyone in your zone has an emergency too big to handle on their own, everyone else responds with equipment, supplies and manpower until no longer needed. We have had them out here before, and we have assisted others on multiple occasions. This will be a long process for sure.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:20 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

We are members of an organization called CIMA - Channel Industries Mutual Aid. We are broken into zones and if anyone in your zone has an emergency too big to handle on their own, everyone else responds with equipment, supplies and manpower until no longer needed. We have had them out here before, and we have assisted others on multiple occasions. This will be a long process for sure.
That is great..... People helping people is such a great action......
Do local Fire departments help with these fires ??

Old 03-18-2019, 05:52 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
That is great..... People helping people is such a great action......
Do local Fire departments help with these fires ??
Although several of the municipal fire departments are also members of the CIMA groups, they don't generally help a bunch, as they aren't typically equipped to handle these sorts of issues, unless they are airport apparatus. Most municipals carry water on board, but no foam, and typically have lower capacity pumps than what we use in industrial firefighting. They are always willing and ready to help when they can though. Likewise, CIMA occasionally gets called to assist the municipals for things like large tire fires. The airport trucks are pretty bad-azz though!

Old 03-18-2019, 09:54 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Thanks for the education......

What is the latest with the fire ??

Quick Reply: Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW