Bronco II Ford Bronco II

Bronco II Stripe Kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Bronco II Philly
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bronco II Stripe Kits

We are searching for the stripe kit for a 1987 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer. The body is painted Alpine green and Light Chestnut. The striping separates the green from the accent chestnut.

We had the Bronco II repainted at one shop and they ruined the Bronco II. We took it to a second shop and they can not locate the striping. The first shop removed the original striping and did not save a sample. We do have photos of the original striping.

I called Ford and my local Ford Dealer and was given a part number: E7TZ-9820000-CU this turned out to be the wrong colors.

Does anyone know where to find it and the name of the colors?

Old 09-18-2014, 09:33 PM
Josh S
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford OEM pinstriping has long since been discontinued but 3M makes a large variety of sizes and colors. The closest match for the high double stripe is 3/16" Elite Tan (72017). The lower one has to be made from 2 stripes each 1/4" Bright Gold (72699). Lay the top one on the joint between your green and tan. Then lay a strip of 1/4" tape tight below that followed by the other line of striping. Then remove the tape from between the two stripes and you will have a perfect 1/4" middle band of light chestnut, just like the original factory tape. The original tape actually had a 7/16" upper gold band (3M 72799) but you will not be able to curve that enough to form it around the wheel wells, and the 1/4" is close enough that no one will know the difference. It's fun when Bronco II enthusiasts ask me how in the **** I was able to find the original striping. I just made it. Below is a link to my body restoration thread. Hope it's helpful. And please post up some photos when yours is all done so we can drool over the restoration.

Josh's Bronco II Body Restoration Thread - The Ranger Station Forums

Old 09-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Bronco II Philly
New User
Thank you Josh

Thank you for your advice. Do you know the Ford OEM part number for the striping. I am a search at an OEM NOS distributor who may have a leftover in stock.

We had previously found your restoration thread and found it helpful.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Josh S
Senior User
I don't know the Ford part # for the lower 2 strips. The 2 small stripes above the door handle were painted on by Ford, so you won't find a part # for those.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Josh S
Senior User
Did you have any luck finding an original striping kit?

Old 06-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Snowmass
New User
Eddie Bauer Stripes

I know this is an old post but i though my comments might be interesting to others. I had the same issue,; repainting and wanting to maintain stripes. I'm an Architect and made a full size tracing then scanned it and made a template in Autocad based on each area of mine before painting. i them located matching vinyl for the gold and pin stripe for the cream. Note the small stripe is NOT the base color as mentioned in this post. I am the original owner and the match is perfect in color, i used an area that was not in the sun and had not faded.

i then plotted the template full size and cut out the vinyl and applied the pin strip. Finished product looks original.

I painted the splash section with a rattle can of the original beige color with clear coat after having the body painted the green. I found the beige paint online. They package quality paint to match original manufacturer.

The two photos below are Before and After.

if you are interested you can contact me for specifics.

Before

After