6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Low Fuel Pressure w/ Blue spring

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Jmoen7
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low Fuel Pressure w/ Blue spring

Glowshift gauge is reading 59 running and drops to 45 at not even WOT. KOEO it reads 45 steady. I have had some bad luck with glowshift sending units about to be on my 3rd now as it may be bad, it was previously bouncing around at 70-80 but now its reading low and a bit jumpy..

Any way to see if my HFCM is getting weak or is it just my sender again

Blue spring upgrade has been in for a few months, fuel filters have 3000km on them. When the sender was new, it read 63 psi at idle and WOT never below 55....

Old 08-11-2014, 05:56 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Who fuel filters did you buy?

Old 08-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Jmoen7
Elder User
Got them from the dealership themselves. All OEM

Update: Got mad because i'm broke and really hate the fact that this may be the 3rd fuel pressure sender dead from glowshift.. Went outside, drained the HFCM, checked for debris in the top fuel housing, took apart the test port(Where the blue spring goes) made sure everything was a-ok. Checked my line to my fuel pressure sender mounted near the rad, checked for debris, checked for something maybe in the little hole in the sender and found not a damn thing. Put it all together and went to drive the ******** off it to see if it really is falling below 45. As soon as i pulled out of the driveway it pegged to 100 and i just knew she was dead. 3rd sender dead, even remotely mounted it this time and went all of 2 weeks without issue. How the h*** am i to justify spending 30$ every 2 weeks on new sending units?

On the bright side i guess it's not my HFCM yet.. maybe i could just splurge on a sinister regulated return or fuel system and set my own pressure. Would that be a fix to this junk?

Better yet, is there a sender unit that would work with the glowshift gauges?

Old 08-11-2014, 07:03 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Call glowhift.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:08 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Wait you paid to replace the failed sending units? I've been through two sending units and a gauge from Isspro, they mail me a new one free every time. I'd assume glowshift would do the same, and if they don't say screw it and remove it.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Jmoen7
Elder User
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel
Wait you paid to replace the failed sending units? I've been through two sending units and a gauge from Isspro, they mail me a new one free every time. I'd assume glowshift would do the same, and if they don't say screw it and remove it.
I replaced them yes, only went with glowshift because of the price, set of 3 gauges and all hardware for 200$ on a monthly deal is hard to beat.. but not having something work right just drives me absolutely nuts. It's obvious my fuel pressure should be okay, but the jumpy fuel pressure gauge would bother anyone i bet. I don't want to just remove it, because my pillar would have a hole and look silly.. needs 3 gauges. Sounds like you've had some trouble with isspro also.. how long do fuel pressure senders usually last for you?

Old 08-11-2014, 07:58 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
The gauge was DOA when I bought it from a vendor, Isspro replaced for free, the needle never homed to zero correctly right out of the box. First sending unit made it about a year, failed with diesel through the connector. Second one might not have actually been bad, might have just been air in the line, but I called and Isspro mailed me a new one before I identified/solved the air issue. Each time I mailed them back the old part.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by cheezit
Call glowhift.
Ditto. You should not have to pay for a new one.
2 weeks I call BS on Glowshift.
If they don't replace it make sure to say something here.
Word will get around fast and I think they will be getting
the dirty end of the stick.

Sean

Old 08-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Jmoen7
Elder User
Originally Posted by Yahiko
Ditto. You should not have to pay for a new one.
2 weeks I call BS on Glowshift.
If they don't replace it make sure to say something here.
Word will get around fast and I think they will be getting
the dirty end of the stick.

Sean
The first one wasn't much better, it was mounted directly to the fuel housing which i understood probably got shaken to death by the engine but lasted longer than 2 weeks.

They're out of office right now so i'll update tomorrow. I'm sure they'll have me test it, not sure how though.

Maybe i should get replacements for both? then i'd have an extra on hand to keep changing them out when they die. Friggin GS

Old 08-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I got one of these adaptors to remotely mount my FP sensor near the firewall away from engine vibration.

Driven Diesel 6.0L Fuel Pressure Adapter

My spatechique dual-gauge and sensor have been working for 18 months with no issues..

Old 08-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jmoen7
Checked my line to my fuel pressure sender mounted near the rad....
Your fuel psi sender is mounted near the radiator? Why?

Sounds like the sender is bad again...see if Glow**** will replace it and then relocate it closer to firewall or driver fender. It may be getting too hot.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Money-Pit

Sounds like the sender is bad again...see if Glow**** will replace it and then relocate it closer to firewall or driver fender. It may be getting too hot.
Is GlowShift a cheap Chinese part co?

It's really starting to sound like they make crap.

Amazon Review:
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: GlowShift Tinted 30 PSI Boost / Vacuum Gauge

GlowShift Gauges Store Policies and Warranty Terms

< Snip >
ONE YEAR NON-TRANSFERRABLE LIMITED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER
GlowShift Gauges, LLC ("GlowShift") warrants to the original retail consumer purchaser, and not any other purchaser or subsequent owner, that this Product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the purchase date.

< Snip >

BUT THERE IS MORE TO IT THAN JUST THAT.

Sean

Old 08-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Randy777
Tuned
I have had my isspro fuel pressure gauge about three years. Mounted on firewall. It started moving up and down about 10 psi for a couple days last month but works fine since then. I have six isspro gauges and like them alot

Old 08-13-2014, 06:51 AM
Jmoen7
Elder User
Originally Posted by Money-Pit

Seemed like a good, easily accessible spot. Is there still a better spot than those bolts beside the rad? It's the same one the coolant filter would go on, just opposite side. Figured it wouldn't get too much vibration there.

Update to the sender issue, just sent a message today, worked late and out of service yesterday. I really agree that they sell cheaper parts, but i dont know how they'd be making any money with 2 week fuel pressure senders with warranty

Hopefully get the OK for a free new one or two today, and if those end up dieing i'm just going to get a new fuel pressure unit from someone else, i have trans temp and pyro from glowshift and those haven't had a hiccup since i got them put in 2 months ago

Old 08-13-2014, 08:12 AM
MC5C
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had my Autometer sensor in for two years and it's been perfect the whole time. It's mounted directly in the fuel test port. There is no vibration on this engine that will hurt a quality sensor, and Autometer are made for NASCAR use (you see the exact same guage I have in every in-car shot) where the vibration and heat are extreme. I've been using autometer for close to 25 years and have yet to experience a gauge failure, both mechanical and electric gauges. In fact I saw a race car I built probably 25 years ago a few weeks ago, it still has the same AutoGage (cheap Autometer brand) gauges I installed when I first built the car, still in there, working and accurate.

Just sayin...

Brian

Quick Reply: Low Fuel Pressure w/ Blue spring