6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Truck's Here

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 10:00 PM
rrogersgsp
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck's Here

I went by the dealer today to check the status. I hadn't talked to them for a couple weeks. I ordered on 6/20. Anyway, sales lady had the day off so I asked for the fleet manager. He check my file and sure enough my truck is sitting at the local rail yard. I wasn't able to go get it, which sucks because I live about 10 minutes from the yard. They expect to have it ready for me by Tuesday at the latest. So I asked the guy to check in the system to see if I had any private offers. I had emailed Ford to send me a brochure a few weeks ago, I have not seen anything. I was hoping to get the $750 rebate. The guy did look in their system under my name and my wife's and did not see a private offer. The other thing was, I have the x plan pricing and I have the certificate for $500 for the International Union Police Association bonus cash. They told me that I couldn't use the IUPA bonus cash with the x plan pricing. I would like to find out how to get the $750 and if it is true I can't use the $500 bonus cash. I would sure be disappointed if I couldn't get either of these.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:46 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The bad thing about xplan pricing and several of the rebates, it's at the "dealers discretion" whether or not to participate. I was lucky in that fact that I was able to get all applicable rebates, plus the xplan pricing. The dealership that I used is a volume dealer, the just want to move vehicles.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:43 PM
rrogersgsp
Junior User
That's the thing. This dealer is also a volume dealer. He did say he was going to look into it some more. He just didn't see the program being offered under x plan in Fords system. I'm hoping they just go ahead and honor it.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:46 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe I just got lucky, I don't know, but the dealership was stacking all kinds of rebates on the truck.....

Old 08-08-2014, 05:02 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,410 Likes on 1,006 Posts
you can use all rebates and the xplan. I have done it several times.

Go to someone else besides the fleet guy.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:29 AM
rrogersgsp
Junior User
Thanks for the info. I will be talking to the sales person today. This is the first time I've used the x plan to buy a vehicle. I wish there was a way to get the rebate from the brochure also. I requested one at Fords website. I asked for one to be mailed and have one sent as an email version for both my wife and I, but unfortunately, we haven't received anything.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:46 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by rrogersgsp
Thanks for the info. I will be talking to the sales person today. This is the first time I've used the x plan to buy a vehicle. I wish there was a way to get the rebate from the brochure also. I requested one at Fords website. I asked for one to be mailed and have one sent as an email version for both my wife and I, but unfortunately, we haven't received anything.
Call the cust service #. See if they will e-mail you one.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:53 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
My salesman gave me X-Plan without a PIN, and I received all applicable rebates and incentives at the time I purchased. The salesman can offer whatever he feels it will take to move a unit, should he be inclined to do so.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:38 AM
rrogersgsp
Junior User
I had to work last night and on my way home the dealer called and said my truck is there. She said she hadn't physically seen it yet, but she had the paperwork saying it was delivered from the train yard. So I've got to work today, but I will be picking it up later this afternoon.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:45 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by rrogersgsp
I had to work last night and on my way home the dealer called and said my truck is there. She said she hadn't physically seen it yet, but she had the paperwork saying it was delivered from the train yard. So I've got to work today, but I will be picking it up later this afternoon.
Long day at work ahead of you

Old 08-09-2014, 11:59 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,185 Likes on 569 Posts
Scott is right. You get all available rebates off the x-plan price. I too have done this a couple of times. One other thing to watch. The max "doc" documentation fee the dealer can charge when using the x-plan is $100. So check your paperwork and make sure it's not their standard doc fee which is bound to be more.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:32 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Also there should be a form to sign and you need to produce your document/ID that indicates the ford partner that allows the x plan.

For full details:
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do

Old 08-10-2014, 10:31 PM
rrogersgsp
Junior User
Thank guy's for all the helpful info. I did get all the rebates I had available. I'm very pleased. Brought home the truck last night. Drove out to my brothers and his wife's farm, about 30+ miles each way through the back roads with lots of hills. I averaged 16.5. That's not hand calculated, but that's the same as my 2012 would get. I will say, what a difference in where the truck responds in the rpm range. It really takes off in the upper rpm's, just as advertised. The dealer called me today to tell me they had already sold my 2012, before they had even prepped it. I think that shows there's even people really wanting used ones. By the way, I'm really liking the different navigation unit, just to bad you can't have pictures on this one like the '11 and '12's.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:37 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Taking away the option of putting in your own picture on the screen must be something they did in '15, because I changed mine on my '14. Still sounds like a great truck. Congrats!

Old 08-11-2014, 12:25 AM
rrogersgsp
Junior User
I could be wrong about the picture thing. I hope so. I have not read the book yet about the navigation unit. On a different thread someone had mentioned this, so I assumed it was true. I will have to check it out. That would be cool if that function was still there.

Quick Reply: Truck's Here