6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 09:31 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 908 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by PSM 6.4
Some pids, show in metric and some imperial, any way to change that?

I made sure, the correct units are selected in settings.

I noticed some pid units are in Celsius/KPA and some are in PSI/F etc..

Any way to change them all to one unit ex imperial?

Thanks

Sorry i'm a torque newbie.. lol
If you just changed the units in settings, you may need to exit and re-enter TP for them to take effect. they all work fine for me.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:57 PM
PSM 6.4
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by djousma
If you just changed the units in settings, you may need to exit and re-enter TP for them to take effect. they all work fine for me.
Same, issue.

weird all the units are mixed for some pids.

Some F some C some KPA Some PSI.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:24 PM
rcg270
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sdetweil
here is the list of PID's I assembled from the two optics on FTE plus the Torque pro app site..

anyone see something missing?

ECT is not working (truck just started, but the outside temp is 101, so It should show something.

rest match my hand entered pids from a few weeks ago. (displays side by side)
I just set up Torque Pro. Have a 2011 6.7 which I'm trying to get a EGT reading from the probe located in the blocking plate on the exhaust manifold. Every time I attempt to input the EGT equation in Torque Pro is always reveive error message "mismatched parentheses"
Any suggestions?

Old 02-04-2018, 10:20 PM
Trash Hauler
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rcg270
I just set up Torque Pro. Have a 2011 6.7 which I'm trying to get a EGT reading from the probe located in the blocking plate on the exhaust manifold. Every time I attempt to input the EGT equation in Torque Pro is always reveive error message "mismatched parentheses"
Any suggestions?
Count the number of open parentheses you have in the formula then count the number of closed parentheses. You will find they are not equal. From there, figure out where the missing one goes and insert it.

Or do it the easy way and install the apk that sdetweil put together. He is the keeper of the apk and has done an awesome job with it. I believe this link is to the current version but I could be wrong. It’s from post 1032 in this thread.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vt2qmh2zm...ypids.apk?dl=0

Old 02-05-2018, 08:30 AM
rcg270
4th Gear
Smile

Originally Posted by sdetweil
You just install it like any other application.
sdetweil,
would you have the pid for exhaust gas temp reading for a 2011 6.7 that has been deleted. Using a probe from the dpf, which is inserted into the blocking plate on the exhaust manifold. The pid on your list (22f478, EGT11) gives me a steady reading of *122.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:30 AM
94ruck
Mountain Pass
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
subscribed for the above info as well. i started on this quest a while back but many other things came across my desk,lol. I deleted my truck and am very happy i did but would like to see what the block off plate temp is as well

Old 02-13-2018, 05:47 AM
rcg270
4th Gear
Well, I got tired of the hit or miss relating to inputting different formulas into a $5 phone app. So I contacted Sensor Connection and they were a huge help. All together the gauge, probe and the enclosure for the gauge cost around $150. But let me tell you, the quality of their products are outstanding, you will never have to replace their probe. The probe has a super accurate fast reading. I'm in the Northeast and on cold start the EGT climbs to around 220*.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:46 AM
jsaund22
New User
Hi guys.

I have Torque Pro set up and have a couple of questions.

1. Are there any 6.7L specific PIDs for torque and horsepower? The built-in PIDs work, but if I'm not on the accelerator, the values go blank (I assume because the value is actually near 0). Not a deal-breaker, but kinda annoying.

2. I installed the 6.7 specific PID apk package, and am monitoring the Alternator 1 and Alternator 2 PIDs. One is running consistently at 100%, the other starts off around 40% and drops back gradually to about 20%. Does that indicate I may have a bad battery or alternator?

Thanks!

Edit: Also, any codes for fuel flow rate? g/min or g/hr either one.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:54 AM
Braggs
Senior User
Originally Posted by jsaund22
Hi guys.

I have Torque Pro set up and have a couple of questions.

1. Are there any 6.7L specific PIDs for torque and horsepower? The built-in PIDs work, but if I'm not on the accelerator, the values go blank (I assume because the value is actually near 0). Not a deal-breaker, but kinda annoying.

2. I installed the 6.7 specific PID apk package, and am monitoring the Alternator 1 and Alternator 2 PIDs. One is running consistently at 100%, the other starts off around 40% and drops back gradually to about 20%. Does that indicate I may have a bad battery or alternator?

Thanks!

Edit: Also, any codes for fuel flow rate? g/min or g/hr either one.
You can view the outputs of each sensor while scrolling through the list of PIDs in the add screen.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:12 AM
jsaund22
New User
Yeah, I understand that. That isn't what I'm asking, though.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:12 PM
Braggs
Senior User
Yeah, I understand that. That isn't what I'm asking, though.
The APK is just an archive that can be opened with 7-zip or any other archive program. There you can extract the pidlist.csv from the file and examine it in detail (because the phone interface doesn't work too well).

For the horsepower and torque question you could use Newton's second law of motion in your own formula and then add it to your display. The mass of the vehicle remains variable but can be averaged on a half tank of fuel. The acceleration metric already exists on the app too. Basically you would make calculation as mass * acceleration = force. There's a few conversions required to convert the units of measurement. You'll need to convert your force to torque using the tire height and gear ratio somehow.
Force Calculator
Torque and Equilibrium

For your fuel in gallons per hour, I would, again, suggest creating your own entry combining the cylinder fuel quantity formulas and then making your own calculation from those. Looks like the range is 0-100 mg and I'd guess this is related to RPMs. You can use this to calculate your gallons per hour value that you're wanting. This can be done in two different gauges, one as an average on the fuel tank, and one as a current value.

I have no idea what the Alternator 1 and Alternator 2 gauges monitor and can't provide any insight to those as I don't use them.

Last edited by Braggs; 02-28-2018 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Added extra info about force to torque calculation
Old 02-28-2018, 02:25 PM
jsaund22
New User
Thanks Braggs. I'll look into those things.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:27 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Thanks Braggs. I'll look into those things.
Fuel Rate g/h (U.S.)
PID - None
Units - g/h
Max - 100
Min - 0
Equations - [5E]*0.264172
Comment - If the truck is coasting and the engine is at or above operating temperatuure then the fuel rate will most likely be zero.

Question #1 - I can write an equation that wouldn't show zero but your correct if your foot is off the go pedal then the engine produces "0" torque and horsepower.

Question #2 - It's been a while, I only have one altenator. Will have to check my notes and get back to you. The batteries are connected in parallel and the PCM monitors the same eletrical point to the control output of both Gen. I would think it is normal and that is the way the Ford engineers did the process programing.

Old 03-24-2018, 03:16 PM
79sparky
Tuned
Does anybody have an updated list to work with 2015 can’t get soot % or egts to work downloaded the extended list and only a few of those work. Boost works and etc eot

Old 03-24-2018, 05:06 PM
ZooDad
Received 591 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by 79sparky
Does anybody have an updated list to work with 2015 can’t get soot % or egts to work downloaded the extended list and only a few of those work. Boost works and etc eot
Make sure you open up the manage custom pid.
We just setup my son's tablet and everything worked great.
There are some additional formulas in the thread you might try adding those manually.

ZooDad

Quick Reply: Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs