6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

'15 F-350 Ruby Red Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet looking rig Mike! More pics would be nice!

You gotta be the envy of the neighborhood!

Old 06-17-2014, 09:37 PM
BlackNM6.0
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackBeest
lol... umm...

well, when I clicked on the pic, to make it bigger, it took me to your photobucket, which I started thumbing through real quick- what can I say? Fourwheelers and firearms catch my eye

But all of the links had the nickname "Woody" somewhere in them. I try, like I think most of us on here do, to use first names/nicknames, to address each other, rather than member names. Makes it a more personal forum, I think.....
Duh! I was looking all over this forum trying to find where I may have used it but couldn't find anything. Forgot about the name on the photo bucket acct. Hope there wasn't anything too incriminating in there.

I can't figure out why all my pics end up so small when I bring them in from PB. It does it on the other forum I frequent. It is just a cell phone pic.

Thanks all! We really like the truck so far. Of course our only other Super Duty was the POS 6.0 we had for a couple years, so there is no comparison.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:42 PM
BlackNM6.0
Senior User

Originally Posted by Sgt93
You should have just responded, 'because I am standing in our bushes looking through your living room window'

I kid, I kid!

Old 06-17-2014, 10:07 PM
sledhead_24_7
Tuned
Gotta say nice truck, that color is sweet.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:19 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Received 137 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackNM6.0
Picked this up on Friday. Might have to change my username.

Very nice truck - and the best color (or at least the fastest color).

Old 06-18-2014, 07:20 AM
BlackNM6.0
Senior User

The truck does not have the fifth wheel prep but I noticed five small dimples in the bed floor. I'm going to have a bedliner sprayed in soon and was wondering if I should go ahead and drill where those dimples are for future installation of a 5er hitch before the bedliner is sprayed and the dimples are covered, assuming the dimples are where the hitch mounts.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:23 AM
BlackNM6.0
Senior User

Originally Posted by sbryan
Very nice truck - and the best color (or at least the fastest color).
What model Cyclone is that in your signature? My wife and I would like to get a toyhauler and were looking at the Cyclone 4100 King but don't want a dually.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:49 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
What model Cyclone is that in your signature? My wife and I would like to get a toyhauler and were looking at the Cyclone 4100 King but don't want a dually.
It is a 2007 3795. We have been very happy with it. Two BMW R1200GS fit very nicely in the garage and with 2 AC units and the 5500kw generator we can easily stay comfy dry camping or hooked up. New models have more fancy stuff but this one is paid for!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:03 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
The truck does not have the fifth wheel prep but I noticed five small dimples in the bed floor. I'm going to have a bedliner sprayed in soon and was wondering if I should go ahead and drill where those dimples are for future installation of a 5er hitch before the bedliner is sprayed and the dimples are covered, assuming the dimples are where the hitch mounts.
The dimples are probably for the factory fifth wheel prep and may not be in the right location for the aftermarket packages.
Not knowing if it is totally correct but my dealer told me that the fifth wheel hitch from Ford is "custom" designed by Reese for the factory prep and if I got the factory prep, I would also need to buy the hitch from Ford to get the right one.
You should probably do a bit of research, but I would not drill those holes until I had the hitch kit in my hands..

Old 06-18-2014, 08:16 AM
BlackNM6.0
Senior User

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
The dimples are probably for the factory fifth wheel prep and may not be in the right location for the aftermarket packages.
Not knowing if it is totally correct but my dealer told me that the fifth wheel hitch from Ford is "custom" designed by Reese for the factory prep and if I got the factory prep, I would also need to buy the hitch from Ford to get the right one.
You should probably do a bit of research, but I would not drill those holes until I had the hitch kit in my hands..
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:14 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,537 Likes on 2,318 Posts
Wow...just wow

Old 06-18-2014, 09:30 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
The 4100 is a real nice trailer, but I wouldn't pull it with less then 350 DRW.
We have a 2 axle Cyclone and I went from a SRW to the DRW and never looked back. In fact, if the wide track option was available when I got mine I would have opted for it and the bigger axle.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:36 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Mud_Man_Dude
I sure like that Ruby Red, a lot. For what I do for a living, White is best for me. The sacrifices I make for the job......
White tri-coat - no sacrifice

Old 06-18-2014, 09:47 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by porthole
The 4100 is a real nice trailer, but I wouldn't pull it with less then 350 DRW.
We have a 2 axle Cyclone and I went from a SRW to the DRW and never looked back. In fact, if the wide track option was available when I got mine I would have opted for it and the bigger axle.
We had some concerns about staying with SRW with the Cyclone but it hasn't been an issue. The DRW up here in the snowbelt is a PITA for plowing. The duallies tend to float on the snow and spin. The SRW seems to get better bite so we stayed SRW and all I have done is add the sway bar to the back end of the 350 and it tows nice and steady on back roads, in the crosswinds etc. Better than I expected. The DRW would be a nice upgrade but this works for us where the truck is used for a lot of different stuff depending on the season. Oh, and I only have to buy 4 snow tires, not 6!

Old 06-18-2014, 11:50 AM
BlackNM6.0
Senior User

Thanks guys! I think we are just going to go with a smaller trailer, eventually.

Quick Reply: '15 F-350 Ruby Red Platinum