About that time to go to electric fuel

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 03:59 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
Hmmm. How do you pull the intake again lol
haha!! right? Just call me an idiot.... Had too much going on at once... You might already know this, but you can turn the crank by hand and it should fall down into the oil pan, if it hasn't already...was talking to Bill and that was his input. Of course, that's only if you can't reach it with a magnet and still see it sitting on top of the cam lobe. Hope this helps!

Old 06-25-2014, 08:12 AM
jchosler
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cowmilker08
They probably want you to do that because the OEM rear fitting on the driver's side is a 90° elbow that won't clear the uppipe. If the replacement fitting will clear, you can cut the OEM fitting and avoid moving the uppipe.

I did exactly that yesterday. was pretty easy

Old 06-25-2014, 08:18 AM
jchosler
Elder User
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Oh no!! The plunger fell out? The best you could probably do with that small hole is use a small claw or a strong magnet. I hope you don't have to pull the intake.

The way my kit worked just required me to turn that fitting by the turbo clockwise until it was parallel with the head. It tightened it down a little more. I was then able to slide the line under the turbo and connect it. The only problem I had was me not tightening stuff down enough so when I primed the pump, it started leaking. I just had to tighten down three fittings until they quit leaking. So far, so good. Now that I have done this install, I think it's kinda crazy to have someone replace those fittings when it can be avoided...unless they are just thrashed. let us know what happens.

I think I was a lucky one, the plunger was still in the hole where its supposed to be being propped up still so the position of the motor helped me. All I did was pull on the plunger with vice grips and it came right out. I already put the freeze plug that came with the kit so moving on. It took me the whole day yesterday just for teardown. That d%$^ turbo is such a pain but I did pull it so I'll do the O-rings at the same time. Crappy part is I put aside my AC compressor to get behind it and the old hose sprung a leak so looks like I got more work and more $$$$$$

Can I get those O-rings at NAPA?

Old 06-25-2014, 02:51 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
I am glad to hear you got that plunger! Sorry to hear about the other crap...hopefully the rest will come together with no more issues. I believe Napa has a pretty good selection of O-rings. Should be able to get them there.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:56 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
If you are talking about the pedestal o-rings, get them from Riffraff or Ford. Don't know if regular o-rings would hold up in there.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:30 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by ReBilld
If you are talking about the pedestal o-rings, get them from Riffraff or Ford. Don't know if regular o-rings would hold up in there.
What he said...did a brain fart and didn't even think about that. You need them fast though don't you? Could have them overnighted I guess.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't there an O-ring sponsor on FTE?

DieselOrings.com?

For some reason I thought Clay gets his supply of O-rings from him and everyone praises the quality and customer service (if he works with Clay its kind of expected).

IDK, but as they said I would talk to Clay or Ford.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:44 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 401 Likes on 270 Posts
Alex.u ever get your rebilld refuel installed?

Old 06-27-2014, 07:39 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
My computer must've not actually posted last night...

Long story short no. Not yet. Why? Cuz im too particular is the best excuse i can give. lol

After I got it from Bill I found out I have no room in between my t-case and front fuel tank on the inside of the frame rail to tap into the fuel lines before the selector valve.
That is when I decided I will get the 38 gallon rear and remove the front tank so I still have the same-ish capacity and will have room on that inner frame rail.

I know I could have either wrapped the fuel lines around to the outter side of the frame rail. Or routed them across to the passengers side frame rail....or put a hole in my bed and mounted them in the space between my tool box and cab.

So I guess picky. lol

And I still haven't decided...I liked being able to drive 6 1/2 hours to your place...then 6 or whatever to newport without having to fill up....

Old 06-27-2014, 08:23 AM
jchosler
Elder User
I got the system installed. I sacrificed the AC line and the selector valve doing it. My twin fortunatly had a spare valve, those things are $380 from the stealership. Anyways my phone died early so I didnt get the final pic of the valley.

I havent driven it yet but Ive already notice this is the smoothest running OBS Ive heard in person, no fluctation in sound, just one monotone idle

Here's what came in the mail

The Fuel Bowl delete (one in 2 out) installed

Regulator

Trying to show the front passenger fitting behind the alternator

Front driver fitting

Back Driver Fitting and hardline

Back Passenger fitting next to down pipe

Filter and pump bracket between the transfer case and the front tank on the driver side of frame

Filters

This is what the other side of the bracket looks like

Old 06-27-2014, 12:41 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
That is awesome. I'm jealous, lol. I really need to finish my DIY kit.

One question though, Is that a stock downpipe I'm seeing? LOL, I'm just janking your chain.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:58 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
looks good man...also looks fairly more involved than the one I just did. I am really glad I didn't have to remove the turbo or A/C! Glad you like the results. How's the truck running? Did you also get a chance to clean the valley up and get all of the gunk out of there?

Old 06-27-2014, 04:08 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
That is a good looking kit, but could be made sooooo much simpler. I don't like that the cross member on the bottom of the cab had to be cut to mount the filter/pump bracket either.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:33 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 401 Likes on 270 Posts
Or are the cab bushings so squished that it needed cut?

I think that distance is even mentioned in the ad iirc.

I sure would not have done that.
I like my home brewed copy just fine.

Looks good though.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:12 PM
joshjen2000
Senior User
Originally Posted by fordman67
Or are the cab bushings so squished that it needed cut?

I think that distance is even mentioned in the ad iirc.

I sure would not have done that.
I like my home brewed copy just fine.

Looks good though.
Hey did you ever look all your list of parts up and figure it out so I can start buying parts?? I have all the stuff for the repairs now. I think we can put the fittings in by the turbo for the efuel and put caps on them so we don't have to take it apart again to do the efuel.... We can discuss it later... Lemme know wen you are free to work...

Quick Reply: About that time to go to electric fuel