Mississippi Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Scndsin

June's Jumping Jehosafat BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 02:06 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Premier Ford

Has anyone on here had any dealings with Premier Ford in Columbus Ms.? Found a pretty good deal on a new truck, just wondering if it would be worth the drive. In the last several years I haven't been able to secure a good enough deal with Ms. auto dealers and my last 4 vehicle purchases have been out of state, would rather keep the money in Ms. but not at my expense!

Old 06-26-2014, 02:33 PM
Mitchissippi
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RigTrash601
Good Luck with the Truck!
By your signature, I see we have another Mitch....Uh Oh
HA! Just noticed that! Yep, . . . that'll cause plenty of cornfusion. We'll work it out.

109,500 some odd miles on her. Never really been in the mud. Nice interior. No mufflers. Needs tires. Came with original rims (which will prolly go back on her).

Not sure why, but it has a leveling kit on the front, and lowering shackles on the rear

I've started cleaning her up. Added vent shades over the winders. And ordered a pair of stock rear shackles to get the rear end up even with the front end.

Trying to decide which tires to buy. I'm gonna use it as my primary truck, so I won't need mud tires. Most of it's time will be spent on the highway, but I do frequent jobsites from time to time.

Mitch

Old 06-26-2014, 02:39 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Not sure if they can handle two of us LOL... As far as the tires, I know alot of guys that run Toyo Open Country A/T's or Nitto Terra Grapplers, both have good road manners, great treadlife, but are a lot better on dirt than the regular street radials as they are all terrain tires. My next vehicle will one or the other in a M / T version though.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Mitchissippi
Senior User
I'm west of Columbus about 35 mile. Know the Service Manager (I think, that's what he does over there?) . . . haven't seen him years. Good guy. Signman knows him.

The company I work for just bought two new F150s from them.

We bought a car from them in the early 90's.

I see a lot of their lot tags.

And you got to trust them, . . . he sez on his commercial that he "ain't gonna lie to you".

Call 'em and ask for Jeff Jenkins, tell him Mitch from Bellefontaine, MS sent you.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Mitchissippi
Senior User
June:

Old 06-27-2014, 08:36 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 807 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitchissippi
It has been a while since I've dropped in here, but I bought me a runnin' Ford and just had to tell somebody!
Glad you've got a new useful & functional toy.

.... Signman knows him...
That yahoo musta' dropped of the face of the earth. Ain't seen him around & he don't respond to PMs

Old 06-27-2014, 08:42 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by RigTrash601
...done told the Warden that my 1st week is "off limits" unless it involves beer and fishing! (we'll see how that works out!).
Man, I been meaning to ask, do you ever drop a line off your rig on your down time? Ain't nuthin better than rig fishing out there. Tie a strip of aluminum off a drink can to a bare hook & no tellin what you'll drag up.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:27 AM
Mitchissippi
Senior User
Originally Posted by Scndsin
That yahoo musta' dropped of the face of the earth. Ain't seen him around & he don't respond to PMs
Ol' Phillip is still around. His father passed away back in the winter, and I think he's been covered up with work and all the things that come with a death in the family. Been a while since I talked to him though.

Mitch

Old 06-28-2014, 10:41 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Man, I been meaning to ask, do you ever drop a line off your rig on your down time? Ain't nuthin better than rig fishing out there. Tie a strip of aluminum off a drink can to a bare hook & no tellin what you'll drag up.
Oh yeah, we are in 9600' of water, catching really nice yellow fin tuna. Biggest I have caught is 70 lbs or so, seen a few guys pull in some over 100!

Old 06-28-2014, 10:42 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
I'm west of Columbus about 35 mile. Know the Service Manager (I think, that's what he does over there?) . . . haven't seen him years. Good guy. Signman knows him.

The company I work for just bought two new F150s from them.

We bought a car from them in the early 90's.

I see a lot of their lot tags.

And you got to trust them, . . . he sez on his commercial that he "ain't gonna lie to you".

Call 'em and ask for Jeff Jenkins, tell him Mitch from Bellefontaine, MS sent you.
Will do, thanks!

Old 06-30-2014, 10:46 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

June is winding down... Get ready to kiss it goodbye.

Spent most of the weekend epoxying UV cooked plastic in my 20+ year old Fords. Got the window & lock actuator done last week. Repaired the map pocket with new elastic. Re-popped the door push pins & made a new moisture barrier out of a heavy duty garbage bag. Decided to play musical radios & start putting a JVC CD receiver that I pulled after upgrading the truck's last year... Stalled on that front after realizing I needed a bypass harness for the factory premium sound amp. Crutchfield to the rescue. Its in the mail. Still have a pair of Polk Audio 5X8s to go in the back. When all is said & done I'll be able to use my SGIII as jukebox.

New Mitch, my family used to go out from Grand Isle on a regular basis. I placed in the deep sea tourney once with a pompano that was like pulling up a sheet of plywood sideways. 30 min to get it up in the boat. Also pulled up the "head" of a what would have been a 30+ lbs redfish, but it had been bitten off in one bite behind the gills. That one nearly pulled me overboard. We used to go out from Port Aransas TX too.

Old Mitch if you hear from Phillip, tell him we said hello & to drop by.

Everybody have a good week.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:14 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
June is winding down... Get ready to kiss it goodbye.

Spent most of the weekend epoxying UV cooked plastic in my 20+ year old Fords. Got the window & lock actuator done last week. Repaired the map pocket with new elastic. Re-popped the door push pins & made a new moisture barrier out of a heavy duty garbage bag. Decided to play musical radios & start putting a JVC CD receiver that I pulled after upgrading the truck's last year... Stalled on that front after realizing I needed a bypass harness for the factory premium sound amp. Crutchfield to the rescue. Its in the mail. Still have a pair of Polk Audio 5X8s to go in the back. When all is said & done I'll be able to use my SGIII as jukebox.

New Mitch, my family used to go out from Grand Isle on a regular basis. I placed in the deep sea tourney once with a pompano that was like pulling up a sheet of plywood sideways. 30 min to get it up in the boat. Also pulled up the "head" of a what would have been a 30+ lbs redfish, but it had been bitten off in one bite behind the gills. That one nearly pulled me overboard. We used to go out from Port Aransas TX too.

Old Mitch if you hear from Phillip, tell him we said hello & to drop by.

Everybody have a good week.
Quite a lot of pulling up pieces of fish, the barracudas usually get them. Well, got rid of the F150 today, got a new 250, first experience with a diesel, lovin it so far.