Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mississippi Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum215/)
-   -   June's Jumping Jehosafat BS Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1317830-junes-jumping-jehosafat-bs-thread.html)

Scndsin 06-01-2014 09:21 AM

June's Jumping Jehosafat BS Thread

Another month has come & gone. I know everybody is busier than a stud bull in a herd of heifers, but I'd appreciate if y'all could take a min or two to post up something from time to time if just make the post count look marginally respectable.

Terri & I are planing to take a trip south to break bread with our esteemed chapter bull shi..., ummm... "story teller" & his lovely un-appreciated & long suffering wife.

Last night we came across a great movie about Muscle Shoals on Netflix that came out last year. The recording history & people involved with some of the greatest rock, pop, soul & blues music we grew up with is fascinating and surprising as hell. So much so we're going to go up & tour both the studios prior to July renovations. (A story in & of itself)

Last year when we went to Tishamingo State Park, we tried to take some time to go over , but they didn't have regular times for visitors or tours so we didn't make it.

Anyway, y'all have a good one. I'm hoping for a lil' dry weather so I can mow my swamp this week.

f1504x4driver 06-01-2014 10:05 AM

David, don't forget to bring back some "bottled water" from Steve and give him our best.....

IB Tim 06-01-2014 02:41 PM

June already?? Close to 100 degrees out west...enjoy your weekend.

oldfordcoupe 06-01-2014 06:58 PM

david the wife an i seen a special on pbs about the music from shoals it was very very good thell you know i said hi an don't drink too much of that water it tends to make a fellow a little bit gitty drive safe

RigTrash601 06-01-2014 08:40 PM

Tell Ole Gator hello, need to find a weekend and actually meet some of you folks. Of course I haven't been on Terra Firma in close to two months for any length of time, in the last 65 days, I have had 6 on land. I'm grateful to be working but Jeez....

gatormccluskey 06-01-2014 09:19 PM

That poor little wife of mine got her a new car yesterday. I don't see how she does everything she has to do everyday - Like get up - eat - nap - eat - nap - ride to her friends house to drink coffee - nap - cook supper - tell me what a hard day she had. She will sometime tell me how hot its been today -( I work outside )> or how hard it rained today ( I work outside ) I sometime take my wet clothes off before I come in the house. Bless her little heart. SOUP is ready. Cant wait to see yall. Mitch >> Plow mule.

RigTrash601 06-01-2014 09:23 PM

I feel like a borrowed mule at times! Oh well, could be worse, could be in the soup line I guess.

Scndsin 06-06-2014 07:49 AM

Stopped raining long enough to hang up my hip boots. Heck, it actually dried up enough to burn about 4 truck loads of tree trimmings.

70 years ago my daddy got in from a night of carousing with his buddy the ball-turret gunner about 4:00 AM. (according to what the BTG told me a few months before his death) They lay down in their bunks for about 5 minuets before being called out for a "short" bombing run... Just across the channel, they were told. He said it was the worst hangover he ever had. Unfortunately for those on the water & beaches, the rally point was off & their bomb run was off close to 100 miles. History shows that the Normandy beaches were untouched. It did work out however, because the damage caused by the mis-dropped bombs slowed the German response to the invasion considerably.

Such are the things parents never tell you. God bless those who gave all.

gatormccluskey 06-06-2014 08:31 PM

They don't make men like that anymore.

Scndsin 06-09-2014 05:54 PM

Awfully quiet round these parts. Was it something I said or is my BO that bad?

RigTrash601 06-09-2014 06:20 PM

Nothing like that David, just been busier than a two D**K dog! Haven't had a chance to read, post or be a general pain in the a$$ lately. How goes everything in your world?

Scndsin 06-10-2014 07:14 AM

Swamp is filling up again. Waders are coming off the hook. :-X15

oldfordcoupe 06-10-2014 08:18 PM

i think i;m trying to grow gills

Scndsin 06-10-2014 08:53 PM

I done got started growin webbed toes... Folks be callin' me Cajun for too long. :rolleyes:

RigTrash601 06-11-2014 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Scndsin (Post 14420891)
I done got started growin webbed toes... Folks be callin' me Cajun for too long. :rolleyes:

Wife said it was "clear and still" in H'burg, (clear up to the door handles and still raining")....