1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Pics of my 66 F-100!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 03:05 AM
arnolan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics of my 66 F-100!

I think you need to go into a travelling paint shop...Roll into a twon one day...pick out some 60s F1s to paint, move on to another town...Heck, if you are ever in southeast Kansas, I will let you paint mine,after you get the travelling paint shop on the road! Nah...all joking aside, good work thus far and that blue looks awesome.

Robert

Old 07-09-2003, 03:32 AM
STROKED 66
Freshman User
Pics of my 66 F-100!

Originally posted by arnolan
I think you need to go into a travelling paint shop...Roll into a twon one day...pick out some 60s F1s to paint, move on to another town...Heck, if you are ever in southeast Kansas, I will let you paint mine,after you get the travelling paint shop on the road! Nah...all joking aside, good work thus far and that blue looks awesome.

Robert

haha! Thats a good idea

Old 07-09-2003, 03:38 AM
STROKED 66
Freshman User
Wink Pics of my 66 F-100!

Heres a few updated pics i took over the weekend Also got the 390 over to the machine shop today

This pic im fixing the cracks in the steering wheel with epoxy getting ready to sand down and prime tomorrow

Old 07-09-2003, 09:24 AM
1966ford
Senior User
Pics of my 66 F-100!

Removing the rain gutters was a huge pain in the butt. I wish I would have never done it. It is a cool modification, but it is a LOT of work. Removing the gutter removes the crimp seam holding the roof on, which means you have a nice gap between 2 panels to weld shut. Then you have to deal with the gap at the top of the door opening as well, because just removing the gutter and welding up the panels won't leave a nice looking opening. This was the hardest part for me, matching the top of the door opening to the contour of the door with an even gap that looks right.

If you are good at welding and have a lot of patience then go for it. If you decide to do it send me an email and I can give you a few tips. I'd reccomend skipping it though.

Old 07-09-2003, 12:04 PM
johnsalterego
Senior User
Pics of my 66 F-100!

I welded up the seam along the back of the cab up to the gutters on my '63 - after doing that I wasn't enough of a glutton for punishment to attack the gutters themselves... Although I think it really is a cool look to have them removed. How much trouble do you have with the windows and doors leaking without the gutter?

Old 07-09-2003, 12:15 PM
1966ford
Senior User
Pics of my 66 F-100!

Well, at the moment I don't have windows or doors installed so I wouldn't know yet. I have all new weatherstripping to put on, so I am not worried about it.

I welded and filled in the seam in the back of the cab too. That was rediculously easy compared to removing the gutters.

Still left to do: paint the hood and doors, then attack the box. I will be filling in all the seams on there and smoothing it out some. I have a rear roll pan welded in too that I need to get looking right.

Old 07-26-2003, 11:42 AM
STROKED 66
Freshman User
Thumbs down Pics of my 66 F-100!

well i have good and bad news

good is that the 66 is coming along slowly but its coming starting to look like a truck again. I have a new 66 bed on hold for my 66 as the one thats on it is rusted pretty badly! BTW if anyone is looking or needing the tool box thats on the pass. side it is in really good shape and i'd be willing to sell it if anyone is looking for one.

Bad news is the 390 that came out of my truck is messed up pretty bad. guess the valves are pretty well rusted to the valve gides guess its back to the drawing board

Old 07-27-2003, 12:11 PM
daborders
New User
Pics of my 66 F-100!

I agree with easy money. Arkansas is nice, cheap and the people are friendly. I lived in Salida CO for 12 years and in Denver for 7. but I like it out here. if you move up north there is a bit of money to be had, almost no unemployment, but down south arkansas is a little worse, but really cheap to live.
trick is, work up north. live down south. EVerybody is painting their 60's blue eh. Maybe I'll rethink my color scheme. I was going for a midnight metallic blue cab and lowere body, and white bed top rails, hood, and round the windows.. kinda a classic streamlined style. the latest issue of classic trucks has a sweet 66 ford. black up top and pumpkin orange below. check it out if you have time.

Old 07-27-2003, 02:08 PM
Andysutt
Postmaster
Pics of my 66 F-100!

I seen that truck. I was going to do mine like that until I seen it.... Now I had to rethink it...

Old 07-27-2003, 04:32 PM
daborders
New User
Pics of my 66 F-100!

Yeah, I want something different. So I was thinking chocolate brown up top, and almond on bottom. It won't get lots of looks but thats what I want. Quiet, clean, and running better than anyone would believe.

Denver Borders
66 standard cab
still putting in love and money.

Old 07-27-2003, 05:41 PM
Andysutt
Postmaster
Pics of my 66 F-100!

Im thinking about chopping the top..... I dunno but it hit me today... lol
I was going to go Blue like the 97 F-150s (dark metallic)
but Im not sure yet... I might just leave it primered w/ the paint pen on it that says "Easy Money" below the door handles. lol
Any suggestions on colors would help me.

Old 07-27-2003, 06:22 PM
daborders
New User
Pics of my 66 F-100!

Well, I don't really want to deal with metallics. I can paint pretty well as long as I wet sand every coat. Right now I put on rattle can just to stop the rusting till I decide on what color. It's black up top and white below. nice contrast but eh.... not distictive enough. I will upload a pic in a couple of days so you can cancel out one more color option :-)
I dunno, everybody seems to have early '50s and they put on a deep one color option, but I think these '60s models look better with some contrast. and maybe, just maybe someshort flames on the hood. Black just leaves it a little two unfinished. I think a deep plum, maybe metallic,,

Here are a couple of ideas.
http://www.monsterspeedfreak.com/html/feature5_1.html

and it sounds kinda silly but check out hot wheels for paint Ideas..... then you can buy a mini truck replica..
http://www.hotwheels.com/us/product....tegory_id=7817

Old 07-27-2003, 10:40 PM
johnsalterego
Senior User
Pics of my 66 F-100!

A link to a Chevy? ugh...

Old 07-28-2003, 12:42 AM
STROKED 66
Freshman User
Pics of my 66 F-100!

hmmmm seems im not getting emails when someone replys ............anyways....

Theres a guy that runs around town here that chopped his 66 and IMO i think he went to much cuz it kinda looks like POO he did a good job and all but i just think he went to much. I think he went like 8-12 inches?

Still dunno where I want to move yet as i need to finish my truck first....or atleast get it driveable again. however would anyone be willing to help me out in sending me a paper or keep an eye out for jobs/apt. places etc.? I can do anything from paint to concrete work to welding.

...speaking of painting, I agree i too have been rethinking my color(s) to paint my truck. Im still lookin to paint it that blue but i think its going to need something else also to help break it up a bit. also thinking about slamming it or droping it on a 5/4 drop.? any ideas? remember mines a long bed so im not sure how it would look with a long bed

OH BTW:...... im going to take that body line out of the cab where they (Ford) joined the roof and lower half of the cab. like a few people have stated. however im not going to weld it.... Im going to take .64oz glass (fiber glass) and glass that seam up. but im not going to take out the gutter or anything like that. I think thats a little more work then i want to dig into at this point.......I also will be glassing up the holes under the hood as soon as i finish up wire wheeling it all. along with the fire wall When done right its a lot cleaner look and less work then welding everything up and grinding all the welds etc. I will have pics in a few days on what i mean

and lastly does anyone have the center (round) glass piece that goes over the MPH tach? I need one badly as i broke mine

more to come tomorrow!

Old 07-28-2003, 05:38 AM
Andysutt
Postmaster
Pics of my 66 F-100!

I think I may just have the piece of glass your looking for.
I will check and reply later.
As for the chopping of the top.... I was only going like 2 or 3 inches, as I doint think I can get in it with 8 or 12 inches chopped, Plus I dont want it to look stupid.
And since I May chop it... im removing that rain gutter also

Quick Reply: Pics of my 66 F-100!