N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Man Town USA Get-Together May 31st (Morgan Hill)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 12:52 PM
timf150
Laughing Gas
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts
Yes as always, great to meet some new people and as it should be.... the pointers and education we get is unsurpassed.

I was bummed I had to leave earlier than I wanted but I know the good times continued to roll on. I will look forward to the next one.

Tim M

Old 06-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
We had a really great turnout for the first Man Town GTG of 2014.

It's really nice to be able to come to FTE and post up problems and have the "collective mind" chime in and help people, but it's something to marvel at when that collective is represented in person at a get-together and people all chip in to help each other out.

FTE really does attract good people.

My day wasn't as productive as we'd hoped. After Pete pulled my T500 so the dual Termy pumps could be installed, we realized a T fitting I should have brought, had been misplaced. So the whole process was a bit futile, and Pete (along with Cole, his son) put everything back on.

After that, Justin helped me install some off road LED's on my front bumper, but the wiring for the switches in the F550 dash proved to be a bit daunting for Mike (ZombieSlayer, I hope I remembered your first name correctly), because of how the whole harness had been previously wired, so we ended up looping the wires for the LED's up and zip tying them off to the side. Hopefully I can find someone down here who is good at wiring and have them help me out.

My back had been bothering me for awhile now, and yesterday was no different, but as the day progressed, it got worse and worse. The last couple minutes as I was loading up my truck to leave, it started to spasm really bad.

I had a very difficult time getting in my truck and I could barely hold the steering wheel. Turning the wheel was almost impossible. I ended up call my daughter and she drove out with her husband to get me home.

Stewart

Last edited by Stewart_H; 06-01-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:23 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Been having some back problems myself , Hope you start feeling better Stewart. (Hey what happened to or Smilies ).

Old 06-01-2014, 01:26 PM
timf150
Laughing Gas
Stewart that's a bummer to hear about your back. I truly would have crawled under the truck for you....you need to take me up on it next time.

Tim M

Old 06-01-2014, 02:04 PM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Andy for hosting the get together Stewart I'm glad you got home ok, yup you got my name right Shame about the wiring mess, would've liked to get it done for you.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:57 PM
rustyrelic
More Turbo
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What a great day! I enjoyed wrenching on the trucks, talking to everyone, Tim's salsa.

Thanks again Andy and Chris for hosting.... I always look forward to Chris's slow n low BBQ.

Reno

Old 06-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Thipdar
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
My day wasn't as productive as we'd hoped. After Pete pulled my T500 so the dual Termy pumps could be installed, we realized a T fitting I should have brought, had been misplaced. So the whole process was a bit futile, and Pete (along with Cole, his son) put everything back on.
I've written that chapter of my life about 38 times. Nothing quite like walking into Sears when you've got a bad attitude and old grease covering your arms from your fingernails to your armpits.

Originally Posted by Stewart_H
My back had been bothering me for awhile now, and yesterday was no different, but as the day progressed, it got worse and worse. The last couple minutes as I was loading up my truck to leave, it started to spasm really bad.
You know, you can ask for OTHER kinds of help too! I wouldn't wish a back injury on an enemy... if you think that poorly of someone, it's probably kinder to just kill them! Ok, so it's PT to strengthen your back muscles, a calcium and magnesium supplement to help the muscles contract and relax and a willingness to ask for loading help when your back's reached its limit. I bet you already know the drill.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Thipdar
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by rustyrelic
What a great day! I enjoyed wrenching on the trucks, talking to everyone, Tim's salsa.

Thanks again Andy and Chris for hosting.... I always look forward to Chris's slow n low BBQ.

Reno
Another vote for the Salsa and BBQ.

Ir was a treat to look at your truck, too!

Old 06-01-2014, 07:24 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
What no Pictures? don't let me down Stewart LOL

Old 06-01-2014, 08:09 PM
rustyrelic
More Turbo
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I had planned to shoot some video, but I turned the camera off when I got there and never touched it again.
So here is a short clip of the arrival. The main trans. is in first and I am shifting the aux. trans from dbl. underdrive to underdrive to direct then overdrive .... if you like shifting I have 24 forward and 4 reverse gears to play with.

Arriving at Man Town 5 31 14 - YouTube

Old 06-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Thipdar
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer
Thanks Andy for hosting the get together Stewart I'm glad you got home ok, yup you got my name right Shame about the wiring mess, would've liked to get it done for you.
Hey, ZombieSlayer, here's the ad I mentioned to you:

Zombie Hunter

Old 06-01-2014, 08:18 PM
aawlberninf350
It's a Van Gogh
Received 801 Likes on 587 Posts
Here's the one pic I took of Tim and Chet and Reno working on my ball joints. Big thanks to all! Rode way better on the way home, felt like new. Not that I ever drove it new, just sayin'.

It's always a rockin good time. Plenty of good conversation, some work and some fun, food and drink... it is so hard to leave!

Thanks for hosting Andy!

Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Thipdar
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by aawlberninf350
Here's the one pic I took of Tim and Chet and Reno working on my ball joints. Big thanks to all! Rode way better on the way home, felt like new. Not that I ever drove it new, just sayin'.

It's always a rockin good time. Plenty of good conversation, some work and some fun, food and drink... it is so hard to leave!

Thanks for hosting Andy!
I love that big blue trailer hitch.... makes my old 1 & 7/8 " hitch ball seem kinda insignificant

Old 06-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts
Old 06-02-2014, 12:04 AM
timf150
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by rustyrelic

Reno
I actually made a double batch because the family was giving me a hard time for not leaving any at home.....

Sorry Stewart...I will make extra for you to take home next time.

Quick Reply: Man Town USA Get-Together May 31st (Morgan Hill)