1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Pâté Swap Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 04:40 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 543 Likes on 349 Posts
Topmoo,
I forgot he has a user name for FTE but he said he hardly ever gets on it. I asked another contact down your way to see if he can get me the Panel guys info.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:58 PM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. Hoping to make it to Pate next year. Never been but would like to check it out.

Originally Posted by bjmayberry2
Well I've called it done. Found some other small stuff but nothing to write home about. Here's the pictures I took. http://photobucket.com/albums/a542/b...Ft Worth TX 14 ENJOY

Old 04-27-2014, 06:22 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
19fifty4 It's worth it. I've never been to Carlisle or Hersey but It took me two full days to get through it, I think I saw it all. I also found out you better buy it when you see it. My thought process was go through everything, get prices and then go get the cheapest stuff. BAD IDEA! Lost some stuff I really wanted. Live and learn.
I'm planning to go next year. Met some vendors that have Y-Block stuff that I want. You could fly in and ship anything back to NC.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:41 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Topmoo,
I forgot he has a user name for FTE but he said he hardly ever gets on it. I asked another contact down your way to see if he can get me the Panel guys info.
Thanks, I hope he finds it.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:47 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
It's titled as a 54 even if it does have a 56 grill. It's got a windstar front suspension and I believe a 4 link setup in the rear. The guy told me he took the running chassis out from underneath his 56 big window because he got a deal on a custom chassis for a steal. I'll see if I can contact him if you want. OBTW HE's from around Houston.
A Windstar IFS I believe is a Strut suspension. It will be interesting to see just how he fabricated that to fit. Cool that he is close to Houston.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:18 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Maybe I'm mistaken. Hopefully I'll get ya some contact info. He was telling me he never could get the stock straight axle and springs to steer right even with a sway bar and after he changed the suspension it drove with one finger. I didn't look at the power train or suspension as I was just taking pictures for our FTE buddies to look at. He has a hot rod shop I believe he said south of Houston (I assume a suburb). I'll pass on more to info when I get it.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:01 AM
topmoo
Postmaster
Thanks for the info, his shop is Scotty's Garage and is in Friendswood which is about halfway to Galveston from my house. I will call him and go look at it.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:04 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
For anyone else following this, the Panel does not have a Windstar front end it has a Aerostar front end. Hey, they're both Ford Vans
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-28-2014, 10:14 AM
stronger66ratfink
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's my buddy Scottie that owns the panel
his shop is at the end of my street
I was hoping for him that he would get a buyer for it?

let me know if anyone needs a helping hand getting with him

I've been building custom consoles for allot of his project that come in to his shop,
we met about 10 years ago at Lone Star Nationals when I was showing my 66
and then he popped up in my neighborhood one day!
yep married the girl down the street!
small world we live in

Old 04-28-2014, 10:38 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by stronger66ratfink
that's my buddy Scottie that owns the panel
his shop is at the end of my street
I was hoping for him that he would get a buyer for it?

let me know if anyone needs a helping hand getting with him

I've been building custom consoles for allot of his project that come in to his shop,
we met about 10 years ago at Lone Star Nationals when I was showing my 66
and then he popped up in my neighborhood one day!
yep married the girl down the street!
small world we live in
It's a nice Panel. As I told him I already have a 56 project Panel so I was just taking pictures to post on here.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:25 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Here are some more pictures of the panel, a '54 with a '56 grill.
Has a 289/C4/9"with 2.70 gear. The 289 (with a 3/4 race cam) comes without an intake and carb, IFS from an Aerostar, new floor panels, no interior, and pretty straight body. One of the back doors has a rotten bottom hinge.
I am going to go look at it this coming weekend, only about 30 miles from my house. The chassis was originally on his '56 driver.
He said he would let it go for 5K.

Attached Images     
Old 04-28-2014, 07:52 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
I believe he told me he had new glass and the tires are very close to new as well. JD has a couple of barn doors that you might be able to use to make one out of two. Seems like Scott said he had the running boards too!

Old 04-28-2014, 08:14 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
I believe he told me he had new glass and the tires are very close to new as well. JD has a couple of barn doors that you might be able to use to make one out of two. Seems like Scott said he had the running boards too!
I hope to find out the rest on Saturday or Sunday. Sounds like a good guy and he did say that the tires have less than a thousand miles on them. I didn't ask about running boards or glass, he texted me the pics after we talked. He said that the Aerostar front end works great and it has a new power rack on it. He took off all the pulleys from the 289 to use on what he has now, along with the intake and carb. All i have to do is figure out where to put it and how to pay for it I forgot to ask him about the title So far it looks too good to pass up.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:36 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,133 Likes on 2,656 Posts
Hope it works out for you, looks very solid.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:01 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 56panelford
Hope it works out for you, looks very solid.
It does look good, if it looks good up close and has a clear title I should be the owner of it next week. Things are working out, just found out this afternoon that I am finally getting paid for a job that I finished back in late December, and my wife is fine with me buying another. Of course it is her birthday coming up so I will have to get her something really nice, especially if I do buy this panel. I also have a covered place to keep it until I get my F1 on the road. My closest friend has 40 acres out about 40 miles west of Houston where we plan on building a nice size shop to work at. He already has a 40 x 40 slab that would be a great start and another buddy who wants to help fund the building so that he can work on his project too. My '65 F100 is sitting there waiting to be finished too.

Quick Reply: Pâté Swap Meet