Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi. Hows y'all?

Old 04-24-2014, 11:26 PM
lindstromjd
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cookie88
Hi. Hows y'all?
Just looking forward to a nice heater core replacement on a 94 f150... belongs to a friend of mine. We replaced his radiator and thermostat (old one was rusted shut) and threw some flush in the system... and that proceeded to completely clog up his heater core. Go figure. One thing always leads to another...

Old 04-25-2014, 04:24 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think I've figured out what I'm going to do so I can retire now and not 25 years into the uncertain future. I'm going to design a home thermostat that automatically switches between heat and a/c to keep your home at the temperature your comfortable. It should sell quite well since this country is full of folks that can't live without a TV remote (I'm just as guilty).
Originally Posted by F250W6.0
Would this be caused from too high a concentration of antifreeze? Also what are your thoughts of the EGR delete the way Powerstrokehelps' Bill Hewitt does it????
You wouldn't think too high of a concentration would damage the o-rings. If anything it would effect your freeze/boil point protection. But I'm not a chemist, nor that kind of engineer. I used to think Bill was a smart guy...but after spending enough time in the 6.0L forum, I've come to the conclusion that Bill is more of a salesman than mechanic. Where I think he's wrong, he likes to use smoke & mirrors to confuse folks with a little truth here & there. In my opinion, the root problem with the EGR system on the 6.0L is the coolant...PERIOD. Navistar...to the best of my knowledge...did not have the EGR cooler failures like Ford did; because they are/were using a different coolant. It's the clogged oil cooler, that was starving the EGR cooler that caused the problems, not "the exhaust pressure" through the EGR cooler or EGR valve that was causing the failures. The coolant was the root cause, it was clogging the cooler because of the high temperatures it was exposed to in the EGR cooler. My EGR cooler is sitting on the shelf in the back of the shop...been there for almost two years/25k miles. I don't have exhaust or coolant leaks and I installed a Sinster system on the truck. I also spent the better part of four hours flushing that Ford Gold crap out of my truck; I'm running Cat ELC with a freeze protection of -40F and boil up around 260F. Since I have the early '04 truck...I don't have a scoop in the up-pipe like the late '04 and up trucks. That scoop was designed to "promote" sufficient exhaust flow through the cooler. Not a huge deal, but something to think about if/when you deal with the EGR cooler on your '05.
Hi. Hows y'all?
Eh....living the dream. With the help of some "mood altering medicines"....but living the dream none the less.
Originally Posted by lindstromjd
Just looking forward to a nice heater core replacement on a 94 f150... belongs to a friend of mine. We replaced his radiator and thermostat (old one was rusted shut) and threw some flush in the system... and that proceeded to completely clog up his heater core. Go figure. One thing always leads to another...
Here's the positive...your not working on an early 80's Fox body. I've been told they're a real joy when it comes to the heater core.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:41 AM
Mysterman68
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good AFternoon Arkansas!

TGIF!!

Old 04-25-2014, 08:31 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
The CEO of the Jacksonville chamber of commerce messaged me today. She underestimated their workforce in her previous assessment. Harbor freight in Jacksonville opens Tuesday the 29th.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:34 PM
F250W6.0
Mountain Pass
The CEO of the Jacksonville chamber of commerce messaged me today. She underestimated their workforce in her previous assessment. Harbor freight in Jacksonville opens Tuesday the 29th.

Good News for your area Here is a link to something that may interest you and I would reccommend signing up for their e-mails as well as joining the ITC.

http://http://view.harborfreightemai...ource=1020&r=0

Old 04-26-2014, 07:21 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by F250W6.0

Hey everyone I got the leak detected.Notice the area between the two arrows the O-ring is completely gone....Would this be caused from too high a concentration of antifreeze? Also what are your thoughts of the EGR delete the way Powerstrokehelps' Bill Hewitt does it????
Is that the donut gasket between the intake and front cover? The factory one is reusable. Your coolant doesn't have a diesel smell does it?

Old 04-26-2014, 06:34 PM
F250W6.0
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
Is that the donut gasket between the intake and front cover? The factory one is reusable. Your coolant doesn't have a diesel smell does it?

Hey Tim, No I have not noticed any diesel smell with coolant. Just now finished pulling the EGR cooler having it welded on each end, re-wrapped all the wiring harness I could. Installed new Oil Cooler changed the the oil, (running nothing but Synthetic from now) changed all the filters, and doing flush now. Also installed coolant filter system... Yes Tim the o-ring is the one under the intake.

Last edited by F250W6.0; 04-26-2014 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Forgot to answer another part of question
Old 04-27-2014, 08:52 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Stormy night. Some naders on the ground according to the news. Hope everybody is staying safe, especially you guys in the path. Vilonia, El Paso, Floyd, Searcy, etc. Keep your heads down.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:16 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
We got lucky again.. this one went just east of us.

I spoke to Dave earlier, he's got some tree damage but nothing major to the house..

Old 04-27-2014, 10:20 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tojoski
We got luck again.. this one went just east of us.
We're expecting round two here shortly. Woke up to a really loud clap of thunder this morning. Apparently a tree two streets over was assassinated with that strike. The FSFD was called to put out the remains. Interesting Sunday morning I tell ya!
I spoke to Dave earlier, he's got some tree damage but nothing major to the house..
The wife and I were wondering the same thing when it was announced that one had been on the ground down that way. Didn't they just have one 5-6 years ago? Seems like last spring the damage was still visible in places.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:14 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zhilton
The wife and I were wondering the same thing when it was announced that one had been on the ground down that way. Didn't they just have one 5-6 years ago? Seems like last spring the damage was still visible in places.
I was thinking it was only 3 years ago, but I can't remember. The news is reporting utter devastation in that area.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:13 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
I was thinking it was only 3 years ago, but I can't remember. The news is reporting utter devastation in that area.
Our local news is saying May 2011, and mentioned how many were killed that night. I knew it hadn't been long...but guess not as long as I had originally thought. Looks like Mayflower got the snot knocked out of it as well and I-40 is closed in that area. Let's hope last night was the only excitement we get this year.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:05 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
I'm glad everyone is OK. Our neighborhood transformer took a lightning strike that OG&E didn't get changed until after midnight. My Ford parts guy, Doug Z (works at Cabot ford now) is still MIA. Hopefully it's just bad phone service. Saying a prayer for all you guys.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:39 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
It was incredibly close to Dave. His church and the gas station at the end of his block were destroyed. Maybe 1000 yards from his house. Scary stuff.

Quick Reply: April Chat and Off Topic Thread