Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Grill light.

Back up lights. (F off light)

Old 04-17-2015, 03:21 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Switches

I've ordered some things from this company. This came in my email and thought it would be appropriate.

Carling Waterproof LED Indicator Light Rocker SPST ON-OFF Switch Sale-Banggood.com

(Snipped from the site, no affiliation)

Looks like a cool matching set available.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:44 PM
bcrewcaptain
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The backup lights came today, time to run a bead of silicone around the lip and get them mounted, not bad for $20 shipped, they'll go well with the 20" bar up front

Old 04-17-2015, 06:34 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 835 Likes on 574 Posts
Capt, we need some night time pics of all those lights!

Old 04-17-2015, 07:07 PM
bcrewcaptain
More Turbo
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Capt, we need some night time pics of all those lights!
I'll get some of the front ones as soon as it get totally dark, the reverse ones will be done by the end of the weekend, can't make up my mind yet where those are going, I would have liked to have used the 2x2" cubes from walmart, but they are halogens and I didnt want to deal with the extra wiring, this way I can just spice into the stock wiring

Old 04-17-2015, 08:11 PM
bcrewcaptain
More Turbo
as promised...$45 amazon light bar..20"/120w supposedly, I haven't bench tested, but for $45, I don't care THAT much.
Headlights are Hella 90/110w bulbs, high and low beams have independent relays harnesses.
Led bar currently is controlled by an old school foot dimmer on the floor.
Fogs are $10 amazon specials
Although its hard to see to the eye, the pics show pretty well the color difference between the hells bulbs and the LEDs, it's harder to tell in person because it's just so bright.
I think I kept the settings the same, so light output SHOULD be fairly close
the first mailbox is roughly 80ft, the 2nd and 3rd are about 250 feet, the treeline about 500ft.

aftermarket $10 fog lights in place of the factory tow hooks

Fogs and low beams

Highs only

LED bar only

Led bar and low beams/fogs

Led bar and highs

and a couple shots of the interior leds while I had the camera settings set

Old 04-17-2015, 08:44 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Thanks for the pics Capt, for whatever reason I don't see the first 3 shots but 5 through 8 look great! What's your personal opinion on the LED bar so far?

Edit: Reloaded the page and I now see all the pics, bar does add a lot of light!

Old 04-17-2015, 09:31 PM
bcrewcaptain
More Turbo
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Thanks for the pics Capt, for whatever reason I don't see the first 3 shots but 5 through 8 look great! What's your personal opinion on the LED bar so far?

Edit: Reloaded the page and I now see all the pics, bar does add a lot of light!
I do a lot of rural driving in the dark, so for me it's a lifesaver, we have a lot of deer than don't know to wait until the coast is clear before crossing.
For the price I paid, it's awesome, for regular price(129?) it would still be worth it, I know everyone talks about the Rigids and such, but those are just simply out of my price range, and this does everything I would ever need, I can't see something being THAT much better to justify the cost.
The bar is a combo spot/flood bar, so it tries to do both at least.

The good? Lots of light, all over, has pretty much 180* coverage, and some pretty darn impressive range, as well as prob 130* top to bottom, with the amount of hills I have, I don't mind this in the least. Low current draw is always a plus.
The bad? Lots of light, all over, has pretty much 180* coverage, and some pretty darn impressive range, as well as prob 130* top to bottom.
You get a LOT of glare off road signs especially, between the color temp and the sheer lumens, it can take some getting used to. Hard to see the lights of other vehicles coming the other direction. Thankfully where I have mine mounted, I see the cars before the light hits them.
I rode in a buddies superduty that it the light roof mounted, the glare on the windshield and hood was horrible and made it borderline unsafe to drive.
Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. I was hoping to slip this into the spot where the factory fogs were, but I just installed a front hitch, so it had to go up top, and the aftermarket fogs went to the tow hook locations.

I have lousy night vision, so every little bit helps, I wish the color temp was a little lower as the 6000K tends to wash things out a bit, but that's not really an option on the cheaper bars, and if I drop $500 on a light bar, I'll be sleeping in the truck.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:49 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Thanks Capt, all excellent points and pretty much as I had assumed. I have been looking at cheap 20" bars with the spot/flood combo patterns, your opinions and pics have helped me make the decision to go for it!

Old 04-21-2015, 03:54 PM
Tirewarmer
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bcrewcaptain
as promised...$45 amazon light bar..20"/120w supposedly, I haven't bench tested, but for $45, I don't care THAT much.
Headlights are Hella 90/110w bulbs, high and low beams have independent relays harnesses.
Led bar currently is controlled by an old school foot dimmer on the floor.
Fogs are $10 amazon specials
Although its hard to see to the eye, the pics show pretty well the color difference between the hells bulbs and the LEDs, it's harder to tell in person because it's just so bright.
I think I kept the settings the same, so light output SHOULD be fairly close
the first mailbox is roughly 80ft, the 2nd and 3rd are about 250 feet, the treeline about 500ft.

aftermarket $10 fog lights in place of the factory tow hooks

Fogs and low beams

Highs only

LED bar only

Led bar and low beams/fogs

Led bar and highs

and a couple shots of the interior leds while I had the camera settings set

Can you please share where you bought the interior LEDs from and which ones they are? There seems to be so much interior light LED junk out there, and yours look like they have amazing output.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:30 PM
bcrewcaptain
More Turbo
Old 04-21-2015, 06:35 PM
e.lair
New User

This is my setup. $57.00 from Amazon and that thing lights up the night. It makes my dull factory headlights look like the battery is dead.<br/>The build quality seems legit and it seems to be water tight.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:59 AM
Tirewarmer
New User
Great! Thanks. Will any of these fit in the the four factory running board light locations? I bought some LEDs for those four locations, and besides them being very, very dim, the are too tall and don't allow for the connector to screw all the way in.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:36 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Reading with great interest, keep it up

Old 04-22-2015, 11:39 AM
Triple Ex
Freshman User
I may not be bright but my outlook is....

Side view of my favourite rig.

HID Piias, Led pencils in Iron Cross bumper, LED light bar, amber strobes in signal housings and LED projector replacement system.

Rear LEDs and mandatory stickers.

Quick Reply: LED lights bars