6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Dieselsite fuel filter

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 05:53 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 908 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by capt caper
The Diesel sites setup is out of my budget. As much as I'd like to have one. One large concern for me is New Hampshire salt from roads. It eats everything fast. I don't believe his filters are made of SS or brass.
From what I've read by a Ford Tech about water in diesel he said there are two types one that will get caught by the separator and then the water that stays in the fuel and no filter unless it's a very high tech type (not dieselsites) will not get caught.
I treat every tank with Power Service and so far have had good luck.
Capt,

the housing of the filter is billet aluminum, and no problems. I live in the rust belt of Michigan. If I have any complaints, its the drain pet***** being made of cheap steel. they are the only thing rusting.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:54 PM
WK15
More Turbo
Received 117 Likes on 75 Posts
I have one. Works fine at the negative numbers. It was about 700.00 dollars but I feel better knowing that I added two more filters inline. It is nice having the clear bowls to look under and see the fuel. That is a bonus.

I would agree with djousma max 30 minutes to install. It real is that simple to install. On a side note put the nose of the truck higher than the rear. I found this out the hard way. I got pissed on by the my full fuel tank. Out side of this love it.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:26 PM
n3hcp
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have about 6000 miles on mine and the bowls look as clean as the day I put in on. I always get a warm fuzzy feeling when I look under the truck and see nice clean fuel and nothing else in the bowls.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:31 PM
WK15
More Turbo
Received 117 Likes on 75 Posts
^ That is very true.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:49 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by rtazz17
Seabee,You took the post a little too personal dont you think? I was giving the op my opinion with my first post.Wasnt directed at you in particular.Relax.We all have opinions and they are given but dont take it to heart for god sakes!lol..Good luck with your investment.
My apologies if that's the way it came across. I just thought I hadn't explained my rational well enough and after a long day at work I didn't express myself as well as I should've. It's all good!

I just like the idea of being able to see what's entering my fuel system versus having to crawl under the truck to drain the DFCM.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:50 AM
99FORD EXPY.
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
what made me purchase my dieselsite filter was finding water INSIDE of my factory fuel filter last year after a filter change . install time was quick and easy it takes longer to purge the air from the system compared to mounting the filter housing and line hookup

Old 02-27-2014, 07:58 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Bobbykjl

(snip)

Dave, wondering if you ever see build up (debris or water) in your bowls over time?
No, I have not. Nor any water. Someone else on this site did have photos of a lot of debris in his bowls. Must have picked up a bad batch of fuel.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:52 PM
desert2013f250
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just installed the Dieselsite filters yesterday on my F250.

I have the 50gal Titan Tank, and it was tight and a pain, but I did not have to lower the tank. I just undid the front bolts on the strap and pushed the tank to the side about 1 to 2 inches. Total time was 45 minutes with the Titan tank, but would have been less than 15 minutes with the factory tank.

Only tools needed (with the factory tank) is a 13mm or 14mm wrench, and a small screw driver to lift the locking tab on the fuel lines (like in the dieselsite vid).

Install tip: Completely drain the factory fuel filter so you don't end up with a face full of diesel.

The quality of the machining plus fit and finish are great.

I am very paranoid about fuel system issues and did not want to take any chances. Now I can do a quick glance under the truck to see if the filters are dirty or not.

$699 is an expensive upgrade, but for me it was worth it for piece of mind.

Pics to come later tonight.

2013 F250, 6.7 Lariat CCSB 4X4, 3.31 Locking Rear, 275/70R18 Duratracs, BakFlip F1 W/ BakBox, Titan 50gal Tank, Dieselsite Fuel/water separators Edge CTS. Soon to be installed: Offroad H&S XRT Pro and hollowed out DPF/SCR from a donor vehicle

Last edited by desert2013f250; 03-04-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: pics
Old 03-04-2014, 07:27 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Originally Posted by desert2013f250
I just installed the Dieselsite filters yesterday on my F250.

I have the 50gal Titan Tank, and it was tight and a pain, but I did not have to lower the tank. I just undid the front bolts on the strap and pushed the tank to the side about 1 to 2 inches. Total time was 45 minutes with the Titan tank, but would have been less than 15 minutes with the factory tank.

Only tools needed (with the factory tank) is a 13mm or 14mm wrench, and a small screw driver to lift the locking tab on the fuel lines (like in the dieselsite vid).

Install tip: Completely drain the factory fuel filter so you don't end up with a face full of diesel.

The quality of the machining plus fit and finish are great.

I am very paranoid about fuel system issues and did not want to take any chances. Now I can do a quick glance under the truck to see if the filters are dirty or not.

$699 is an expensive upgrade, but for me it was worth it for piece of mind.

Pics to come later tonight.

2013 F250, 6.7 Lariat CCSB 4X4, 3.31 Locking Rear, 275/70R18 Duratracs, BakFlip F1 W/ BakBox, Titan 50gal Tank, Dieselsite Fuel/water separators Edge CTS. Soon to be installed: Offroad H&S XRT Pro and hollowed out DPF/SCR from a donor vehicle
Mine arrived yesterday, but the weather was uncooperative for trying to install anything. I appreciate your pointer on draining the factory filter first, but I'm wondering how the fuel will flow if the level of the tank is lower than the tubing to and from the DFCM. My plan originally, was to hold the tubing up as high as possible after disconnecting it from the DFCM until the quick connects to and from the new assembly were connected. I can understand syphoning through the drain on the bowl while everything is connected. I'm still running the factory tank, so it looks like a super quick install. The unit looks like a quality piece. Thanks for the help.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:37 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Mine arrived yesterday, but the weather was uncooperative for trying to install anything. I appreciate your pointer on draining the factory filter first, but I'm wondering how the fuel will flow if the level of the tank is lower than the tubing to and from the DFCM. My plan originally, was to hold the tubing up as high as possible after disconnecting it from the DFCM until the quick connects to and from the new assembly were connected. I can understand syphoning through the drain on the bowl while everything is connected. I'm still running the factory tank, so it looks like a super quick install. The unit looks like a quality piece. Thanks for the help.
I didnt drain anything first, and the install was a dry one. I dont recall how much fuel was in my tank though either. I'm getting ready to change the filters out for the first time. Wondering how much fuel will siphon out. will have the oil drain pan under it for sure.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:18 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Thanks. If I can get cooperative weather on a rare day off, I am looking forward to the install. That is a good question though. Since the filters are mounted low on the frame rail, there should likely be some siphoning when changing the elements.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:09 PM
99FORD EXPY.
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i changed my DSF before winter just drain the 2 fuel bowls first , don't be in a rush if i remember it might take 10 minutes to drain the bowls and the housing , the drain holes are pretty small. but after that i just needed a shop rag , then the fun part starts after the new filters are on( at least for me anyway) cycling all the air out was a pain that probably toke 15 minutes of repeated cycling the fuel pump. BECAUSE I changed ALL 4 filters at the same time ( completely all my fault ) what a stupid idea changing all 4 at the same time. won't do that again. i was in a hurry

Old 03-05-2014, 05:34 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Good to know...

Old 03-06-2014, 09:49 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
What makes users of this filter certain that this filter is 100% guaranteed to stop all water from entering the two Ford filters. How does everyone know that this filter is way more effective than the factory one? If you were to fill up and get a gallon of water along with your fresh tank of diesel, why are the buyers of this filter certain to know that both sets of filters won't be overwhelmed?

Old 03-06-2014, 10:17 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
What makes users of this filter certain that this filter is 100% guaranteed to stop all water from entering the two Ford filters. How does everyone know that this filter is way more effective than the factory one? If you were to fill up and get a gallon of water along with your fresh tank of diesel, why are the buyers of this filter certain to know that both sets of filters won't be overwhelmed?
No filter will stop a gallon of water. What I like about it, is that I can see at a glance what the current condition is. the bowls are clear and with a flashlight it would be very easy to see water that has settled to the bottom.

Quick Reply: Dieselsite fuel filter