Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

new guy

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 09:28 PM
greenwoodford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new guy

Hey y'all. My name is Bill and my family and I moved down here from Ft. Lewis, WA about a year ago now; we are in the Ft. Hood area. I'm in the army with almost 10 years now. I have a couple of fords (2001 Excursion v10/1988 F250 w/ 460) and we have a couple of quads we would like to get out with more often if we could find a good place to ride.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:17 AM
Salty Dog
Elder User
Welcome to Texas Bill. You'll find people here have alot of respect for folks who serve in the military. I'm down in Buda so I'm not too familiar with the killeen / Fort Hood area. Good luck finding a spot.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:50 AM
LibTimothy
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by greenwoodford
Hey y'all. My name is Bill and my family and I moved down here from Ft. Lewis, WA about a year ago now; we are in the Ft. Hood area. I'm in the army with almost 10 years now. I have a couple of fords (2001 Excursion v10/1988 F250 w/ 460) and we have a couple of quads we would like to get out with more often if we could find a good place to ride.
Bill,

Welcome to Killeen! And thank you for your service to our country.

I am over on the other side of Killeen in Salado.

Sadly, the closest place I know of is Hidden Falls Adventure Park down near Marble Falls, TX. There may be closer places for quads, but since I don't have any quads, I have not paid any attention to where they go. On the plus side HF has some great trails, and lots of quad only, safe to ride places. They do a good job of keeping the big 4X4's away from the little 4X4's.

I used to have a link to a Texas quad and dirt bike forum that was very big and had lots of advice and places to go. Sadly, I lost the link in the great computer crash of 2013, but you might want to Google Texas, quads, and forum and see what comes up. That forum has not gone away so you should be able to find it. It has a name that made me think it was a 4X4 truck forum, but it is more focused on quads. I am afraid that that is the best I can do to help you.

And please visit this forum often. We would like to set up a GTG for all the central Texas members. (I'm thinking lunch...)

Timothy

Old 02-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
What's up Bill, welcome! My family and I actually just made the drive from Whidbey Island to Houston since I took all of February off on leave. About to drive back up Monday, ugh.

As already mentioned, Texas in General has a lot of respect for the military and its members - not like the love/hate we get up in Seattle, and especially Port Townsend.

I'll have to dig around my old stuff and see if I can remember where we used to take the quads back in the day. I grew up in Houston and was into Jeeps, quads, and dirt bikes back then - just don't know if our areas were still open. Used to drive all over the state looking for new places to ride and wheel.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:19 PM
twg1966
Trying to Gain Knowledge

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome Bill, Thank you for your service. It is an honor to be in your company.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:30 PM
greenwoodford
Senior User
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all. I would be up for a GTG in the area for sure. I live about 5 miles north of Copperas Cove so we are a little drive from everywhere but it's not too bad.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by greenwoodford
hello bill! welcome to texas. i was in ft lewis after my training in benning. i wasn't too long there as i was picked for "other assignments". great to have u here. i was there in 99. thanks always for ur service. i was also involved at division level G2.

but, RLTW.

have a great day!

dom