6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Wipers won't turn off......sometimes!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 01:46 PM
Dbooth
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wipers won't turn off

I'm having the same problem. But even when I turn off the truck the wipers come back on when I start it up.

Old 12-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Kdizzle
New User
Sounds pretty familiar! Pull the fuse and head to the dealership!

Old 01-06-2018, 09:06 PM
Tamra New
New User
Wipers come on by themselves.

Originally Posted by Kdizzle
Sounds pretty familiar! Pull the fuse and head to the dealership!
Here it is, 2018, and people like me are having this problem reported years ago. 2013 Ford F-150.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:19 AM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2016 has done it a couple of times, but has been behaving itself lately. I'm still under the 3yr/36000 Warranty so it it does it constantly I will get the switch replaced. There are several videos on youtube on how to replace the switch. It cost about $50, and is very easy to replace.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:23 PM
Bdphil93
New User
Similar issue

i had the issue of my2012 f250 wipers staying on randomly, I went through the process and replaced the signal arm which resolved the wipers staying on. However now the windshield wipers won’t spray or turn on when I engage the spray. Everything else works normally. I can turn the wipers on as if it were raining and have complete functionality there, but the spray and wipe won’t work. Any ideas? This truck is driving me crazy

Old 01-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Bdphil93
New User
Originally Posted by mike L
My wipers work now, but no washer sprayer. I have no power or ground to my washer fluid tank. Test E says measure the resistance between washer harness side and windshield wiper motor harness side. I have a windshield wiper motor harness for a 1993 would you have a test for this. I think your tests are for 2011 trucks. Thanks for the info.
Did you end up resolving the issue, I am having the exact same problem right now with my 12 f250, I replaced the arm, and my wipers work but no spray.

Old 01-26-2018, 03:16 PM
bcvickers
New User
I just had this problem yesterday for the first time ever. It seemed like my switch was not fully seating in the off position so I purposely turned it a bit past the high position and back to off and voila, they stopped!

Thanks to everyone here who posted about replacing the switch however. I'll do that if the problem crops up again for sure!

Old 02-07-2018, 11:23 AM
eugenetruckguy
New User
Going to save time and try to fix on my own this time

I have a 2016 with 20,000 miles and 22 months of ownership. Have had all the door latches freeze last winter (they gave me a loaner for 3 months as they "fixed), and again this winter (seems the new fix will work as they gave me the upgraded latches with rubber seals), backup sensors intermittently blast that I was against a brick wall (no fix as they 'couldn't duplicate the problem'), sunroof has started to intermittently not open (haven't tried to get them to fix, but I do have a broken black plastic part that I show them that came from the sunroof tracks), and today the wipers wouldn't shut off. I am sick of dropping off the truck, and think I will just order the $35 wiper control arm/switch myself and replace. That seems to be the fix right? I'll take in the truck soon for the sunroof fix. The backup sensor issue is embarrassing when I have people in the truck, and I back up and it blares the solid tone of the alarm. People say "isn't your truck $60,000 and it does this?" Embarrassing.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:39 PM
Carol Barker
New User
Random wiping?

I guess the truck has a censor fir moisture or humidity? I have managed to shut them off 2x in past but took over an hr and was not what the book said to do. I honestly have no idea in the past how it stopped but it started again. It's random on slow. I've done reset, set up and I have turned engine off and on...everything. I'm reading posts that have the random wipers wiping...r they the auto censure for moisture? If so, any way to set it to "off"? The option is there on setup but thenough when u hit to reset it goes to auto wipe "on". I'm in circles. And no...there isn't any rain. Pure sunshine. Help.....

Old 02-15-2018, 03:02 PM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2016's wipers were staying on as I Posted earlier. I made an appointment with the Dealership to bring it in for repair under the 36/3yr warranty.
So the Wife and I sat in the Customer Lounge for almost 2hrs. Finally the Service Writer came in and said that our Truck was Ready. I asked if it was the Switch, and he said no, it was a Software Glitch, HUH. He further stated that they did a as Built Reset. We got into the Truck and got 1 block before the Wiper started going with the control in the off position. I made a U Turn and parked right next the Service Mgr. Window so he could see them running. I was a little upset about waiting 2hrs for nothing. So he grabbed the Tech who did the Software Reset, and had him replace the Switch, which took all of 20min.
Problem Solved.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:08 PM
HDSG
New User
2014 same wiper issue

So reading through the thread I’m just wondering if anyone has heard if Ford is actually thinking about doing a recall for this wiper switch? It seems as though it’s been a problem for many years now and is still an ongoing issue regardless of mileage on the vehicle. My truck has just over 77,000 miles now. It would be nice if since this is a known problem Ford would actually try to correct the problem for its customers. My truck is now out of warranty obviously due to mileage and the part for replacing the switch has to be ordered which will take at least a week. So I guess I’ll try to figure out how to either pop off the wiper arms which doesn’t sound too safe because who knows when you are going to be a rain or snow storm that you’ll have to deal with. Or see if there’s a fuse I can pull so that way the wipers don’t get shredded and end up ruining my windshield.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:56 AM
SHAWZER
Junior User
I found pulling the wiper arms off easier than finding and pulling the fuse .

Old 10-17-2018, 06:16 AM
Gloria Reyna
New User
No longer have warranty

I purphased my 2015 Ford F1-50 In January of 2016, I no longer have warranty. I’m experiencing problems with my wipers not shutting off. It’s so frustrating. Why hasn’t Ford recalled this part yet? How much should I expect to pay to get this fixed or replaced?

Old 10-17-2018, 09:39 AM
RB-F250
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gloria Reyna
I purphased my 2015 Ford F1-50 In January of 2016, I no longer have warranty. I’m experiencing problems with my wipers not shutting off. It’s so frustrating. Why hasn’t Ford recalled this part yet? How much should I expect to pay to get this fixed or replaced?
Do it yourself, your replacing the stalk on the steering wheel. It’s a $30 part you can find on amazon, that way if it’s not the fix just return it. A ford dealer quoted me about $300 for the repair after I paid $90 to have it diagnosed after they didn’t previously fix the issue while my truck was still under warranty

There are several guides on here in this thread, it’s probably identical on your 150 as the 250, ford uses that stalk in almost every vehicle but do try to lookup the part # on ford parts. Also, look to see if the 0 and the - line up exactly. Mine was off a bit at that was the only noticeable difference between the new and old. It’s like I physically couldn’t turn the stalk to 0.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:17 PM
slowe9162
New User
My truck is doing the same thing now!! I am out of warranty and am really ticked off about this issue... is ford offering any help with this problem? 2015 f-150 xlt supercrew 4x4 5.0

Quick Reply: Wipers won't turn off......sometimes!