Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colo76F150SC...in Denver Colorado!

1976 Ford F-150 Supercab
2WD.
Light blue...almost white.
360 V8.
2bbl carb.
4 spd w/ granny low.
Tommy lift 900 lb capacity which is coming off soon.
Manual everything...everything in the truck works...except for power steering and brakes. Edit: the windshield washer tank has a leak and a couple of bad washer lines. No biggie.
Dual tanks.
Headache rack which is gonna come off soon too.

Hey guys...I'm Thomas...I've been a registered member for a little while now...scoped a few of the sections and have already read quite a few threads. I posted a thread regarding my truck having issues with running rough after hitting a bump...turned out to be a combination of a sticky float and a tiny bit of heavy sludge sucked into the jets. I didn't post about it but I had a radiator tank blow out a couple of weeks ago...blew out about 7 inches of the rear top tank seam behind the fan shroud....wound up having the sweat the tank back together in the parking lot of the Pepsi Center in the dark...and a good old fashioned penny was a life saver to fix a small hole in the surface of the tank...and yes...its still on there. Truck has some minor rust issues and some minor mechanical issues which I will address as money is available to do so. Body is all original with no major rust, no Bondo. Engine, trans and axles are original too. The windshield is cracked...haven't even started looking for a replacement yet. I need to clean and detail the engine...and find a mild oil leak on the back side of the engine...the leak isn't bad but still. Its time to replace the radius arm bushings too.
Its been a lot of years since I owned such an old vehicle...and I wouldn't change a thing right now...the truck is big....feels solid and safe...70 feels like 30 the way it should be. I love the wing windows...the manual windows and 4 spd trans. Even on the coldest mornings it starts right up on the first crank..takes forever to warm up...is a bit glitchy until its warmed up and then it just runs. It came from Montana as a service truck for an H-VAC company...bought by the guy who I bought it from...as far as I can tell I'm the third owner...it either has 126,000 or 226,000 miles...the engine sounds and runs like 125,000. I had a new rag joint put in right after I bought it. It has no radio but I have plans for an MP3 based amp'd system...probably no am/fm though.
Best of all...I adjusted the carb and distributor and it passed emissions on the first try after the Clean Air Colorado people figured out how to do their jobs....4 Failed emission tests, 1 successful in 2 days all because of the cold weather making the equipment not work, plus they lost a good test in the computer system and they failed to realize that the DMV had stupidly input the previous title's number as my VIN number on the new registration...all in all...4 days total to get it to pass but nothing was changed or adjusted during that time...next time Ill register out of city limits.
I'll try to get some pics up soon...been real busy though.